Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 07:10 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
CBS3 has reached out to Philadelphia police for more information on this incident, but have yet to hear back.

So what? Nothing will be done even if they are identified.

As long as they stick to stealing and don't assault anyone... it's all good.
What are police supposed to do? Criminals know they do nothing so why not do more crime. Criminals are having a hayday...even organizing it. Seems like social media is allowing them a place to get together and plan. I am about to give up on this country. This administration is destroying at rapid speed. If republicans don't win house and Senate we are doomed. It's hard to watch and very depressing. Dems...party of doom and gloom. You never hear of them doing good and it's always destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 07:11 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Well if they vote Democrat, they knew this will be happening. They need to stay and reap what they voted for and not come to our areas and bring their views on crime. We're not interested.
I'm referring to the non-Democrat voters trapped in these places. They can accomplish nothing there. It's a lost cause.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:18 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What are police supposed to do? Criminals know they do nothing so why not do more crime. Criminals are having a hayday...even organizing it. Seems like social media is allowing them a place to get together and plan. I am about to give up on this country. This administration is destroying at rapid speed. If republicans don't win house and Senate we are doomed. It's hard to watch and very depressing.
Sure they do. Last night was fun so why not do it again. Flash mobs looking to steal aren't going to stop any time soon.

My guess is it's just a matter of time before they start hitting stores which carry more expensive goods.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:21 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...-tyson-avenue/

Another insurrection in the empire of organized chaos. AOC will probably tell us they were just taking a little food home so their starving families can eat. I suppose it's possible, with the terrible Brandonconomy and Brandonflation. I'm certainly not happy about it.
This is terrifying and very common in Philadelphia

https://youtu.be/-RCMWsjX8YM

Old 09-25-2022, 07:27 PM

158 posts, read 43,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...-tyson-avenue/

Another insurrection in the empire of organized chaos. AOC will probably tell us they were just taking a little food home so their starving families can eat. I suppose it's possible, with the terrible Brandonconomy and Brandonflation. I'm certainly not happy about it.
i just love at end of articles they ask police what is going on ask POLITICANS they know exactly what is going on

Old 09-25-2022, 07:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Sure they do. Last night was fun so why not do it again. Flash mobs looking to steal aren't going to stop any time soon.

My guess is it's just a matter of time before they start hitting stores which carry more expensive goods.
You know this is not new right?

Old 09-25-2022, 08:06 PM

1,839 posts, read 676,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
WaWa need to hire security, and only allow limited number into store or even the parking lot at a time. This will actually have the effect of forcing patrons to seek product/services elsewhere. That gives other owners more business and opportunities.
If anything Wawa should close the location if it is felt it is too sketchy of an area to serve. I feel bad for the employees and the bystanding patrons not involved in the mob. Otherwise, Wawa could add security but it would increase the operating expenses of the store. I doubt it will impose a customer limit at any time as it would be hard for stores to follow, and cut into their business. They depend on that volume.

The mob was of 100 juveniles, and might be kids from the sama Middle or High School. The cops and the DA likely aren't going to pursue criminal charges.

And if a Republican was President and the Party held Congress, these kids would act the same way in NE Philly.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You know this is not new right?
Yes. I also know those stealing are unlikely to stop unless they believe there will be consequences if caught.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
If anything Wawa should close the location if it is felt it is too sketchy of an area to serve. I feel bad for the employees and the bystanding patrons not involved in the mob. Otherwise, Wawa could add security but it would increase the operating expenses of the store. I doubt it will impose a customer limit at any time as it would be hard for stores to follow, and cut into their business. They depend on that volume.

The mob was of 100 juveniles, and might be kids from the sama Middle or High School. The cops and the DA likely aren't going to pursue criminal charges.

And if a Republican was President and the Party held Congress, these kids would act the same way in NE Philly.

This continues and they'll start closing stores.

Old 09-25-2022, 11:30 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Right because people looking to loot, steal, and ransack a store will surely pay attention to the door monitor/security guard at the door asking them to wait outside because there are too many people in the store...

How about instead the police going after every single person caught on video, arresting them, and having the DA NOT letting them off with just a slap on the wrist?
You can have the doors locked until someone leaves and space opens up. But when guard sees a crowd like that gathering, they can call authorities. The merchandise inside will be safe. Plus the security can be armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies