Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2022, 08:46 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
On an empty stomach that maybe more acute, but again it shouldn't break the fast. Have at it if it helps!
As long as it doesn't break the fast, I want to have a little. Maybe a small one from the convenience store. If it bothers me I will stop. I love black coffee on an empty stomach.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Gorski is the grand pooba for none-scientists who want to argue against people taking unorthodox stances. And a convenient way for them to google something when they don't have the ability to refute on their own.

But despite the pretentious name he chose to name his blog ("science based medicine"), his posts are 90% rantings and ravings at his 'enemies' and not actually seriously grounded posts that you can learn something from.
Yep, exactly, I have been reading Gorski's blogs for years. It is all predictable propaganda. I have NEVER seen him take any stand against any medical orthodoxy. I have NEVER seen him question any medical consensus. He fights hard against easy targets, ridiculous irrational conspiracy theorists. He attacks qualified scientists by insulting them instead of constructing careful arguments.

Gorski's posts are always emotional, never balanced. And yes, you will see sciencebasedmedicine quoted every single time SuzyQ or someone like her wants to uphold the status quo.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Yep, exactly, I have been reading Gorski's blogs for years. It is all predictable propaganda. I have NEVER seen him take any stand against any medical orthodoxy. I have NEVER seen him question any medical consensus. He fights hard against easy targets, ridiculous irrational conspiracy theorists. He attacks qualified scientists by insulting them instead of constructing careful arguments.

Gorski's posts are always emotional, never balanced. And yes, you will see sciencebasedmedicine quoted every single time SuzyQ or someone like her wants to uphold the status quo.
I don't care if he wants to advocate for orthodoxy, but when his content is 90% battling his demons, and not actually offering a coherent rebuttal, I give up. I began reading his post, which is very long, but had to give up because I just read shrill screaming at "anti-vaxxers" and personal attacks on Doshi, and no coherent scientifically based argument.

Maybe there is a nugget in there, I will wait for Suzy to provide it, because I can't be bothered to read the whole thing.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I don't care if he wants to advocate for orthodoxy, but when his content is 90% battling his demons, and not actually offering a coherent rebuttal, I give up. I began reading his post, which is very long, but had to give up because I just read shrill screaming at "anti-vaxxers" and personal attacks on Doshi, and no coherent scientifically based argument.

Maybe there is a nugget in there, I will wait for Suzy to provide it, because I can't be bothered to read the whole thing.
Yes, during the pandemic his posts have been mostly shrill screaming at anti-vaxxers. I read his blog respectfulinsolence. I like trying to counter his "arguments," and his faithful followers "debate" me by screaming insults and calling me ignorant. Oh, and how dare I have an opinion if I am not a medical scientist.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:31 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
You said that exactly right. It amounts to a defacto religious faith, rather than an analytical scientific confidence.

Old 10-02-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ike:

Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. . . . In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Yes and we are seeing an explosion of misplaced power now. And I think it can be blamed largely on progressive Democrats, because their ideology says that governments and experts can be trusted, because they are elected by the public.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:20 PM

Now is when the fast starts to get hard. 18 hours. I could eat my plastic sandals.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:25 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Now is when the fast starts to get hard. 18 hours. I could eat my plastic sandals.
Just persist, 8 more hours then sleep, then you will feel free of hunger. Drink green tea and keep yourself occupied.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Just persist, 8 more hours then sleep, then you will feel free of hunger. Drink green tea and keep yourself occupied.
I am keeping busy, and I feel ok. I had a medium size black coffee, which did not bother me at all. Drinking herbal tea, green tea, Phocus caffeinated natural water (no sugar or sweetener).

Is it hard to sleep while hungry? I will probably dream I'm at a Chinese buffet. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning to find out I ate the pillow.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:10 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Yes and we are seeing an explosion of misplaced power now. And I think it can be blamed largely on progressive Democrats, because their ideology says that governments and experts can be trusted, because they are elected by the public.
The post of mine you quoted was deleted for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies