Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 02:06 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times

Advertisements

So organized by "a young, conservative Republican Muslim", no surprise there but going after books that are allegedly " "teaching kids how to go online and have intercourse with others on the internet!”. I wonder if these people have ever been on the internet kids are quite proficient at it already and they mention that they want to work with the school board, that's refreshing.

But the article is your typical red meat story with no specifics just generalizations and all the hot button topics/words to rile up the masses. They make no mention of the grade level(s) there is concern over and it appears they want all book they don't agree with removed. Now they are welcome to voice concern and to challenge books they view as inappropriate, they can also request that their child can not check out any book other than the bible/koran if they like.

But until the proper challenges have run their course they don't have the right to demand books be removed because someone else child may want to check it out and their parents are fine with it.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:09 PM

5,918 posts, read 2,751,492 times
Normal, sane people unite in the removal of explicit books from Dearborn, MI public school libraries.

Fixed it.

It's common sense.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:12 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Id like to see which books. One way to get a kid to read is to tell him/her these books are BAD! BAD! I say!! The US has a long history of book banning. The only opinion many people want their kids to have access to is their own.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:22 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Oh oh... Muslim's (aka Darlings of the Left) are going to get their butts canceled if they keep this kind of static up.

Old 09-27-2022, 03:03 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Biden said he would unite us.

Old 09-27-2022, 03:13 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Biden said he would unite us.
He just might do that.....the American people against the Federal Government

Old 09-27-2022, 03:32 PM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So organized by "a young, conservative Republican Muslim", no surprise there but going after books that are allegedly " "teaching kids how to go online and have intercourse with others on the internet!”. I wonder if these people have ever been on the internet kids are quite proficient at it already and they mention that they want to work with the school board, that's refreshing.

But the article is your typical red meat story with no specifics just generalizations and all the hot button topics/words to rile up the masses. They make no mention of the grade level(s) there is concern over and it appears they want all book they don't agree with removed. Now they are welcome to voice concern and to challenge books they view as inappropriate, they can also request that their child can not check out any book other than the bible/koran if they like.
One of the books frequently targeted by Conservatives is called 'Gender Qu**r' (I do not know it that is one of the books in question, in this story.). 'Gender Qu**r' depicts two 14 year old boys giving and receiving oral sex, depicts a brother asking his sister if she has ever tasted her 'vagina slime', and depicts a woman m*sturb*ting her imaginary penis while driving her car.

Should 'Gender Qu**r' be allowed in school libraries?

Old 09-27-2022, 03:43 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I wouldn’t want my kids to be reading that.
That kind of print should be for adult use only.

Kids should be off limits to the freaks.
The deep left wants and needs your kids.
Don’t give them your kids.

Old 09-27-2022, 04:29 PM

33,318 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I read the whole article, and it is well worth reading. My brother still lives in MI, and I was talking with him this weekend asking him what the heck has happened to MI. He is very conservative, and had nothing to say positive, but says if they can get rid of the current AG, that will help. I see also in this article it talks about a proposition on the ballot allowing abortion through the 9th month. What the heck happened to MI? I so do hope this turns around for my family members still in the state. If you are in MI, get out and vote away the insanity there!

In one of Hugh Hewitt and Dr. Arnn's recent regularly scheduled conversations, Dr. Arnn said Michigan will never get as bad as California because it's too cold......people would just leave .

Old 09-27-2022, 04:31 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
One of the books frequently targeted by Conservatives is called 'Gender Qu**r' (I do not know it that is one of the books in question, in this story.). 'Gender Qu**r' depicts two 14 year old boys giving and receiving oral sex, depicts a brother asking his sister if she has ever tasted her 'vagina slime', and depicts a woman m*sturb*ting her imaginary penis while driving her car.

Should 'Gender Qu**r' be allowed in school libraries?
The book was written about the authors "journey from adolescence to adulthood "so i'm sure there are explicit descriptions of his life experiences. That said it has "special appeal to young adults ages 12 through 18" and is deem acceptable for High/middle school library collections. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_*****

Yes it can be in the collection and those objecting can prohibit their child from checking it out, they can challenge the book IAW with the district policy. But to paraphrase one parent "you have every right to say your child can't read that book as a parent, but you don't have the right to remove that choice from my child, tats my place".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies