Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 08:17 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In Sarasota area. The gov already declared a state of emergency and Biden already approved any funds or help needed. But none of us thinking politics right now, there will be loss… regardless of whose on the throne. Geesh
While there have been varying level of FEMA competence over the years, really the only person to ever politicize emergency response was Trump.

Both DeSantis and Biden will work together along with the private sector to provide necessary relief services and start the long hard process of rebuilding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 08:17 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In Sarasota area. The gov already declared a state of emergency and Biden already approved any funds or help needed. But none of us thinking politics right now, there will be loss… regardless of whose on the throne. Geesh
Best of luck. I love that area. #SK

Amen to this not being something that should be politicized.

Additionally, given the rarity of this storm track, a lot of people may be a bit naive to what it means so make sure to educate any younger neighbors etc.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:20 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
It is Tom Brady's fault!

Old 09-26-2022, 08:24 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Hyperbole perhaps, but forecasters are saying things are headed to the worst scenario that could come together for Tampa.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:25 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco (there may be more) have already issued mandatory evacuation orders for at least the class "A" areas. I just talked to my old neighbor who for the first time at 82 is actually worried about the storms. He doesn't have any family, so he will probably go to a shelter. I told him to make sure he has a full tank and extra water, something he never even thought of.

I've sold my condo, and I am worried for the people in the complex. They are 2 miles from the ocean, but if that thing hits anywhere near them, there will be horrible damage. Tamap Bay area is lucky they have dodged no hurricanes for 100 years... if that thing comes up the bay, the damage will be in the multi, multi billions. Including wiping out CentCom at McDill AF base.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
While there have been varying level of FEMA competence over the years, really the only person to ever politicize emergency response was Trump.

Both DeSantis and Biden will work together along with the private sector to provide necessary relief services and start the long hard process of rebuilding.

The entire response to both Katrina and the hurricane that hit PR in the last 5ish years were both politicized, including conspiracy theories about intentionally killing US citizens.

Takes some especially strong disinformation to try to blame Trump for politicizing the PR hurricane when it was done TO him.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:32 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The entire response to both Katrina and the hurricane that hit PR in the last 5ish years were both politicized, including conspiracy theories about intentionally killing US citizens.

Takes some especially strong disinformation to try to blame Trump for politicizing the PR hurricane when it was done TO him.
We are pretty sure that Biden won't take a sharpie and change official hurricane maps. That one is on Trump.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:45 PM

6,018 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We are pretty sure that Biden won't take a sharpie and change official hurricane maps. That one is on Trump.
What proof do you have that President Trump used a sharpie to change official hurricane maps? I do not believe that has ever been proven to be fact.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:54 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

First, your claim about Trump is false. Just another regurgitation of DNC lies.

Second, the only President who politicized a disaster response was vegetable Joe Biden and his handlers, who refused to deliver a fair and proportionate share of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines to red states, particularly Florida.

Old 09-26-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Well I'm at least glad you agree that Hurricane Katrina was politicized and laden with conspiracy theories about Bush.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D) would be happy to learn of that level of amnesia.

"My friends cousins nephew said they saw the national guard painting blacks blue and burying them in the swamp."

Then Spike Lee and others got in on the fun about blowin' up the levees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies