Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 09:16 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
There is no such thing as a "white rice" nor a "black race" as they are both just social constructs meant to categorize people. They have no basis in science.

I suspect that poster just doesn't care about the fake concept of race, so by extension probably doesn't care about demographic implications of illegal immigration.

Yes it's a fake concept created by the government to keep the people at each others throats.

Every form wants you to check off the "race" box. I always check "other" and fill in with American

Old 09-27-2022, 09:20 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,521,850 times
All Biden had to do was continue building the wall, and keep the "Remain in Mexico" policy in force. He revoked both and the floodgates opened. Hopefully these voters will remember in 2024.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
All Biden had to do was continue building the wall, and keep the "Remain in Mexico" policy in force. He revoked both and the floodgates opened. Hopefully these voters will remember in 2024.
Remember what ? "There is no crisis at the border"

Old 09-27-2022, 09:22 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
So you want open borders but want to call them closed borders. While I think it's stupid to call open borders closed borders, it's at that point just semantics.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration...en-doesnt-care

E.g., take the story in this case. A truck with 53 illegals in it crossed a legal port of entry with 53 illegals in it. They died. Legal port of entry that's open. Not even Abbott is anywhere close to that stupid as to want closed borders. He just wanted to do more inspections. That's more understandable. He's a silver spoon type that didn't know what he was doing. He isn't an idiot though. When he saw how disruptive it was he gave up on the idea. Ignorant, not stupid.
Huh? If you don't understand what a closed border other than legal ports of entry is then I can't help you. Of course illegals have still managed to get smuggled into legal ports of entry but that can be fixed by better inspections of the vehicles passing through. Give it up already will you? You're just twisting in the wind now trying to make some ridiculous point that isn't even comprehensible.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
There is no such thing as a "white rice" nor a "black race" as they are both just social constructs meant to categorize people. They have no basis in science.

I suspect that poster just doesn't care about the fake concept of race, so by extension probably doesn't care about demographic implications of illegal immigration.
Tell that to those who designed the consensus.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/rac...ical-variation

If you are referring to that black poster that I mentioned he should as an American care about illegal immigration because it does impact his race and other races in this country negatively to but since he doesn't I can only assume that he embraces a dilution of the white race (and yes white is a race) in this country by minorities such as himself.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM

21,873 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It depends what people are talking about. Closing the ports of entry will never happen. Securing the border is necessary and we need to finish the wall. We need to put a 10 year moratorium on any so called refugees or migrants. Turn them back. We can't afford to deal with them. We have a housing crisis. They need to walk back home.
I agree. Closing the ports of entry will never happen, way too damaging to close the borders.

You'd need to define migrants. It's an umbrella term that's used by different people that want to avoid calling spades spades. Illegals are migrants because they fall into that umbrella term, but so are legal immigrants. If you mean we need to put a 10 year moratorium on immigration I definitely disagree.

Asylees are legals. The problem is the process is not functioning. It needs to be fixed. A lot of people coming here claiming asylum are just doing using that system to bypass standard immigration, to cut the line so to speak. Completely broken system. It was broken under Trump as well, took about two years before Trump used COVID as a band-aid. That just made it worse by pushing the backlog down the road.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:35 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
I agree. Closing the ports of entry will never happen, way too damaging to close the borders.

You'd need to define migrants. It's an umbrella term that's used by different people that want to avoid calling spades spades. Illegals are migrants because they fall into that umbrella term, but so are legal immigrants. If you mean we need to put a 10 year moratorium on immigration I definitely disagree.

Asylees are legals. The problem is the process is not functioning. It needs to be fixed. A lot of people coming here claiming asylum are just doing using that system to bypass standard immigration, to cut the line so to speak. Completely broken system. It was broken under Trump as well, took about two years before Trump used COVID as a band-aid. That just made it worse by pushing the backlog down the road.
Asylees are only legal if their asylum claim is legitimate. Trying to immigrate for one's own economic benefit is not a valid reason for claiming asylum. One has to have proof that they have been personally persecuted by their country's government due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion to claim asylum.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
One of the reasons some car parts (and other items) are manufactured in Mexico is NAFTA.

Another reason is labor is cheaper there.

The third reason, and the one you would be most interested in, is by having manufacturing facilities in Mexico, the people there can get good jobs and can stay home... fewer Mexicans coming across our border. So you can see why manufacturing parts in Mexico has helped the immigration problem from that group.

From what I have read, most people trying to get into the US are from central America and now Venezuelans from South America.
There is a downside to NAFTA to. It also reduces job opportunities for Americans. Yeah, we know about the greedy corporations who move their businesses out of our country to employ cheap labor in another country and they are doing the same thing in our country to by employing illegals here. It's a two edged sword.

NAFTA doesn't seem to be working too well as we still have millions of illegals coming here to work. What difference does the country that an illegal alien or bogus asylum claimant is from make?

Old 09-27-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:

The problem arises when these leftists lump both legal and illegal immigrants under one umbrella by blurring those lines by calling both groups plain ole "immigrants".

These asylees know what constitutes a valid asylum claim or at least they should and 80% of them are not coming here because of persecution they are coming here to take American jobs, taxes and resources.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Asylees are only legal if their asylum claim is legitimate. Trying to immigrate for one's own economic benefit is not a valid reason for claiming asylum. One has to have proof that they have been personally persecuted by their country's government due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion to claim asylum.
But...they have gangs and drugs in their countries is what some left leaning say.
They are escaping to America....where we have gangs and drugs

The saving grace though is that we have welfare programs....FREE MONEY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies