Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 09:47 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

As to illegal aliens' "claims" of asylum? The Transaction Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks immigration court decisions, reports that 72% of those "claims" are invalid and therefore denied. The asylum claim denial rate has been increasing.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:48 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But...they have gangs and drugs in their countries is what some left leaning say.
They are escaping to America....where we have gangs and drugs

The saving grace though is that we have welfare programs....FREE MONEY
Gangs and drugs in one's home country are not valid reasons for claiming asylum. As you noted, we also have those here in the US.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:59 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Tell that to those who designed the consensus.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/rac...ical-variation

If you are referring to that black poster that I mentioned he should as an American care about illegal immigration because it does impact his race and other races in this country negatively to but since he doesn't I can only assume that he embraces a dilution of the white race (and yes white is a race) in this country by minorities such as himself.
Thank you for your link. It supports exactly what I said - white isn't a race (nor is black or any of these made up races in America). Of course ethnicities, nationalities, and differences in DNA from people who evolved on different parts of the planet is a thing - a person born and evolved in Ethiopia is going to look and have different physical and DNA patterns than someone born and evolved in Eastern Siberia. However, at the end of the day they are all part of one single race - homo sapiens. There are no subgroups of homo sapiens for a reason - because there is only a single race when it comes to humans. A "white" person and a "black" person mixing and having offspring is no different than a tabby cat and a black cat having kittens.

Contemporary classifications of race (especially in this country) have been created purely to categorize people for the benefit of those doing the categorization. There's no scientific basis for who is "white" and who is "black" - it's simply based on self-identification and how someone "looks".

As far as that poster goes neither you nor I knows what he actually thinks. Perhaps if you're interested in actually knowing (as opposed to assuming in order to make whatever point you're clearly trying to make) you should ask him?

Old 09-27-2022, 10:04 AM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The Blacks have no chance in Austin. They are such a small minority.

The minority in power in Texas are Hispanics.
Hispanics or people with Spanish surnames are the majority in Texas. However if you are born in the USA you are not Hispanic.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:06 AM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Huh? If you don't understand what a closed border other than legal ports of entry is then I can't help you. Of course illegals have still managed to get smuggled into legal ports of entry but that can be fixed by better inspections of the vehicles passing through. Give it up already will you? You're just twisting in the wind now trying to make some ridiculous point that isn't even comprehensible.
Yes, you're just having a semantics argument for some reason. I have no idea why people loving arguing semantics. We both agree that ports of entry will never close and that it would be stupid to close them. Closing the borders is dumb dumb, won't happen. You've always been required to enter through a port of entry, aside from the I-68 exception for boating up Great Lakes area.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:09 AM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Asylees are only legal if their asylum claim is legitimate. Trying to immigrate for one's own economic benefit is not a valid reason for claiming asylum. One has to have proof that they have been personally persecuted by their country's government due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion to claim asylum.
Yep.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:12 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Hispanics or people with Spanish surnames are the majority in Texas. However if you are born in the USA you are not Hispanic.
A fact not lost on me whenever I hear someone from Mexico etc. complain about European colonialism in the vein of it being "white people".

Old 09-27-2022, 10:20 AM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Asylees are only legal if their asylum claim is legitimate. Trying to immigrate for one's own economic benefit is not a valid reason for claiming asylum. One has to have proof that they have been personally persecuted by their country's government due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion to claim asylum.
Well, you have to have the hearing.

I get what you're saying. Everyone knows a lot of these claims are bunkus nothings. The problem is it's a five year damn waitlist to determine they're bunkus. Even if you want to do it strictly legally, you can come here wait out the 150 days and get a work permit, work for 4 1/2 years and then get sent back home. 4 1/2 years is a lot of remittances and that's all completely above board legal immigration. Broken? Sure. But legal.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:39 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
A closed border is a closed border. It's a simple concept. No idea why so many people want to close the border as it's ridiculously stupid.
Are you particularly dense, or just being obtuse? A closed border means a border secured so only those authorized to cross it may do so. Perhaps you'd prefer the term secured, rather than closed?

Old 09-27-2022, 10:50 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I agree. Closing the ports of entry will never happen, way too damaging to close the borders.

You'd need to define migrants. It's an umbrella term that's used by different people that want to avoid calling spades spades. Illegals are migrants because they fall into that umbrella term, but so are legal immigrants. If you mean we need to put a 10 year moratorium on immigration I definitely disagree.

Asylees are legals.
Quote:
The problem is the process is not functioning
. It needs to be fixed. A lot of people coming here claiming asylum are just doing using that system to bypass standard immigration, to cut the line so to speak. Completely broken system. It was broken under Trump as well, took about two years before Trump used COVID as a band-aid. That just made it worse by pushing the backlog down the road.
The process is functioning fine. Two problems-first "the process" is overwhelmed with the shear number of migrants flooding our country, legally and illegally. Mostly due to Biden's policies that have encouraged them do to so. Even though 75% of the asylum claims are denied, they know that once they are inside the border, no real effort will be made to remove them and they can and will stay indefinitely, legally or not. Biden did away with the "stay in Mexico" policy that kept them out of the country until the validity of their claims was determined. That has encouraged such a flood that "the system" can't keep up-and never, ever will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies