Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 06:16 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times

Advertisements

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Florida Emergency Declaration
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...declaration-4/

DeSantis has been crapping on Biden's dinner table for years but yet Biden steps up to help the people of Florida as he should despite all the hate shown him. I'm sure DeSantis did not hesitate one second to ask for help today and tomorrow he will be back throwing shade again.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:17 PM

18,077 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
0 days ago (today) Joe made a point to personally call 3 Florida mayors... the White House is being transparently juvenile.
So DeSantis needs what, specifically? It's a simple question. Attention? He's got the $$$$$ approved that his state will need--that is the major contribution from the federal government. And, as governor, he then decides how federal funds will get dispersed to the counties that need it.

Finally, Ian hasn't gotten to Florida yet -- that's due for late Wednesday.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:18 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Everything anyone in the Biden administration touches turns to crap. I suspect the current head of FEMA was picked because he is a guy in a dress, or a preferred minority-not because they were the best person for the job. Expect any Fed response to be a cluster.
Well according to the Florida Paper this evening:

"President Joe Biden announced the prepositioning of 3.5 million liters of water, 3.7 million meals and hundreds of generators and said he spoke with the mayors of Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater."
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...c4a-story.html
What else do you want at this point?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:21 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
So DeSantis needs what, specifically? It's a simple question.

Ian hasn't gotten to Florida yet -- that's due for late Wednesday.
What, exactly, did these 3 mayors need?

Joe preaches unity... then pulls a stunt like this.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:30 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Well according to the Florida Paper this evening:

"President Joe Biden announced the prepositioning of 3.5 million liters of water, 3.7 million meals and hundreds of generators and said he spoke with the mayors of Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater."
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...c4a-story.html

What else do you want at this point?
Seems they want to cherry pick the response from the president so they have something to bi**h about. It's seriously childish at this point. "Well you said this about Trump, so I am going to do the same about Biden".

Old 09-27-2022, 06:34 PM

18,077 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Seems they want to cherry pick the response from the president so they have something to bi**h about. It's seriously childish at this point. "Well you said this about Trump, so I am going to do the same about Biden".
True. There is nothing he could do to help FL that MAGAs would approve of. Oh he already authorized $$$$ 3 days earlier? Not good (enough). What is it that governors most want/need for a pending emergency? $$$$$$. DeSantis has the funds he'll need? Not good enough. Needs more effort. Personal Attention. MOAR!

Old 09-27-2022, 06:57 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
As a conservative that lives in Florida I have zero problem with Biden not calling DeSantis. Ron Desantis can handle what is coming. He in my opinion is the best governor in the United States. Biden is a tool bag. Ron DeSantis will be a leading contender for POTUS in 2024. Biden doesn't want to give him a win. No worries. Ron has this hands down!!!

Old 09-27-2022, 07:02 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Joe Biden is an insufferable dewsch, but I think most people realize that now.

Ron DeSantis will bludgeon Biden at the polls if both run in 2024. The problem is that SloJoe will likely not be in any type of cognitive shape to do much of anything other than lay in bed.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:06 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
True. There is nothing he could do to help FL that MAGAs would approve of. Oh he already authorized $$$$ 3 days earlier? Not good (enough). What is it that governors most want/need for a pending emergency? $$$$$$. DeSantis has the funds he'll need? Not good enough. Needs more effort. Personal Attention. MOAR!

Yep.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
As a conservative that lives in Florida I have zero problem with Biden not calling DeSantis. Ron Desantis can handle what is coming. He in my opinion is the best governor in the United States. Biden is a tool bag. Ron DeSantis will be a leading contender for POTUS in 2024. Biden doesn't want to give him a win. No worries. Ron has this hands down!!!
With all due respect to the governor, whatever party you're on, Ron does NOT have this "hands down".

Nobody "has" this. I have a dear friend who is likely going to lose her home on Siesta Key. Only God "has this" at this point, and it's highly likely this damn Ian is going to wreak more severe havoc than it already has in the days to come.

This isn't the time to fist bump and say "we got this". Nobody's "got this". It's time to rest in prayer, or positive thoughts, and prepare to launch an emergency response once this is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies