Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 03:51 PM

1,419 posts, read 753,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Exactly, BECAUSE IT'S NOT A "TECH" PROBLEM!

Millions of years of energy are packed into fossil fuels. They are directly burned in an ICE.

A battery simply cannot compete with that.

How many centuries do electric vehicles and batteries need to exist before people realize that?
You've got to be kidding. There's nothing efficient about ICE, they are merely convenient. EVs are much more efficient.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:51 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I hate all full size trucks and they keep getting bigger man. Give me a S10 reg cab with a 450hp V8 or EV version.
Then you aren't using trucks for what they are intended for. Hauling and towing. A small truck is a compromise. There is one nice thing about small trucks, they are big enough to haul your crap but not big enough to haul everyone elses.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve about non-truck people. They always seem to mock and shame you for having a gas-guzzler UNTIL they need to move or need something moved. I don't know how many times I've sold something large online and they come to pick up the china hutch in their Prius. Then glance over at my truck. THEN tell you they live in the next county over.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:56 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Because it's not physically possible for batteries to compete with fossil fuels.

Same with wind and solar. We used to sail ships with wind....then we progressed to powering them with fossil fuels because the wind sucked!

The enviros want to take us back again.

Wait until you learn about solid state batteries. The tech will come. The point is that you build the infrastructure in the mean time.

It will create tons of jobs. Why do boomers hate it so much anyway? You won't be around for it to matter. The world is moving on from 200 year old obsolete ICE technology. Did you cling to your typewriters too because what if the electricity goes out and you can't type documents on a computer?

Cry and scream all you want. Senior executive leader at nearly ALL major automakers are going all in on EVs. You'll have to take it whether you like it or not. Or have fun walking.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:01 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Wait until you learn about solid state batteries. The tech will come. The point is that you build the infrastructure in the mean time.

It will create tons of jobs. Why do boomers hate it so much anyway? You won't be around for it to matter. The world is moving on from 200 year old obsolete ICE technology. Did you cling to your typewriters too because what if the electricity goes out and you can't type documents on a computer?

Cry and scream all you want. Senior executive leader at nearly ALL major automakers are going all in on EVs. You'll have to take it whether you like it or not. Or have fun walking.
You realize electric cars were around before ICE cars. They have had hundreds of years to catch on...

Also, if the electricity goes out I doubt I will need to write a letter. There's a very good chance I would need to drive a car though.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:13 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Then you aren't using trucks for what they are intended for. Hauling and towing. A small truck is a compromise. There is one nice thing about small trucks, they are big enough to haul your crap but not big enough to haul everyone elses.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve about non-truck people. They always seem to mock and shame you for having a gas-guzzler UNTIL they need to move or need something moved. I don't know how many times I've sold something large online and they come to pick up the china hutch in their Prius. Then glance over at my truck. THEN tell you they live in the next county over.
It a size thing to me. I just don't feel right driving a big truck. I never tow bro and only need to carry so much stuff. You would be shocked what i can stuff in my C6 Vette. But i have had 7 S10's over the years and two V8 S10's that were someone hack jobs. Plus i don't have a big garage. As you can see my C7 still was kinda big for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Towing with my Ford Lightning EV Pickup was a TOTAL DISASTER!-img_0606.jpg  

Old 09-28-2022, 04:13 PM

506 posts, read 477,510 times
Tow a massive battery: problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies