Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 07:22 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Upon further reflection of this actress/lunatic/hypochondriac, if she indeed was in chronic pain and had numerous diagnosis (ibs, ehlers-danlos, adhd, cluster headaches) - this seems to be the first time she visited this neurologist.

Then visited at least two other hospitals seeking treatment.

It sounds like doctor shopping, which sounds like she was seeking opioids (but she says in one of her many vids that it wasn't opioids she wanted) ... but in any case, if she was this ill, she should've had a team of docs in place.

She's also seeking a high powered attorney as well as saying she had numerous "high powered non profits" that were going to take on her case.

My diagnosis is that she's still nuts.
Sometimes people DO doctor shop because they need second or third opinions. Depending on the complexity of your issues, that may be necessary. We have one regular poster on CD who has a complex medical history and often ends up seeing multiple doctors for various conditions and typically receives different answers from each doctor. I don’t think this poster is a hypochondriac, but instead has a complex condition that can be hard for doctors to treat.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:25 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
It caused birth defects, huge scandal at the time.
Yes, because it was prescribed to PREGNANT WOMEN for morning sickness. What does this have to do with prescribing a medication (apparently we dont know what medication) to a patient with cluster headaches who is NOT pregnant, nor does she intend to become pregnant?

Old 09-29-2022, 07:28 AM

78,332 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Sometimes people DO doctor shop because they need second or third opinions. Depending on the complexity of your issues, that may be necessary. We have one regular poster on CD who has a complex medical history and often ends up seeing multiple doctors for various conditions and typically receives different answers from each doctor. I don’t think this poster is a hypochondriac, but instead has a complex condition that can be hard for doctors to treat.
And there are an estimated 2 million prescription opioid addicts in the US.

https://psychiatry.org/news-room/new...one-addicted-t

As such, I find it unrealistic that we should not be harboring some reservations about her story and most certainly should not be knee-jerk believing her side of everything.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:28 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes, because it was prescribed to PREGNANT WOMEN for morning sickness. What does this have to do with prescribing a medication (apparently we dont know what medication) to a patient with cluster headaches who is NOT pregnant, nor does she intend to become pregnant?
Well, I don't know, I didn't make the comment. I was just trying to explain where they came from.

Like I said, if I had my perfect world, I would take Docs out of the Rx business. Docs can recommend but not prescribe drugs. Patient can go to pharmacy and buy whatever drug they want.

If they do damage to themselves, they cannot sue anyone. And that's that.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:30 AM

17,356 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, it sounds from her videos that this was the first time this patient visited this doctor.

She apparently has complex medical issues.

He could be trying to NOT prescribe her anything and was simply searching for a reason to not give this wack-a-doo more drugs.

According to her videos what he did end up prescribing was a weekly injection that would need to be done at a medical facility. Which her insurance denied apparently.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't know, I didn't make the comment. I was just trying to explain where they came from.

Like I said, if I had my perfect world, I would take Docs out of the Rx business. Docs can recommend but not prescribe drugs. Patient can go to pharmacy and buy whatever drug they want.

Interesting point. They'd have to put lawsuit restrictions in place for all of the Rx businesses.

This is kinda what's happening to some degree with fentanyl anyway.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:34 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:

Fair enough. I should have responded with that to Rocketdawg.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:38 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Interesting point. They'd have to put lawsuit restrictions in place for all of the Rx businesses.

This is kinda what's happening to some degree with fentanyl anyway.
I see it like alcohol. If someone drinks themselves to death or drives drunk, they won't sue the alcohol manufacturers.

We need some personal responsibility.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:39 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And there are an estimated 2 million prescription opioid addicts in the US.

https://psychiatry.org/news-room/new...one-addicted-t

As such, I find it unrealistic that we should not be harboring some reservations about her story and most certainly should not be knee-jerk believing her side of everything.
She didn’t tell us what the medication is. Apparently she didn’t even know what it was. As I mentioned above, Depakote is an effective treatment that can treat cluster headaches, but it is not prescribed to pregnant women. Depakote is not an opioid.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I see it like alcohol. If someone drinks themselves to death or drives drunk, they won't sue the alcohol manufacturers.

We need some personal responsibility.
Um....they already get sued and that's with a prescription.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/08/17/...reens-walmart/

P.S. Dram shop laws for distributors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies