Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 09:27 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,055,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Based on what? You don’t even know if the meds she’s asking about are narcotics. Plenty of meds don’t make you high.

Being a loon is not relevant.

It’s gotten to a ridiculous point where people seeking legitimate relief are first treated as drug addicts that somehow have to disprove such with any new doctor.

It’s distressing on top of whatever pain you’re experiencing.
Her online presence.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:34 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Exactly so. Right now, a possible, potential, maybe future fetus has more rights over a woman's body than the actual woman currently inhabiting it. It's preposterous.
The woman can do whatever she wants with her body.

She can even do whatever she likes with the baby's body (NY ).

What she can't do is drag the doctor into a risky scenario against his/her better judgement.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:44 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Her online presence.
Drug seeking behaviour is specific to drugs that get you high. No one drug seeks Plavix, for example.

She’s seeking something specific to an ongoing ailment, which may or may not be narcotic. If it’s not a drug that gets you high, that’s not what she’s doing. And even if it is, she still probably isn’t doing it.

At the very least, you don’t know her well enough to make that assumption.

Casually labelling people as drug seekers is contributing to the stigma that anyone who tries to get help for pain is now enduring, regardless of whether they’re a fine upstanding member of the community or whether they’re off the street.

It’s really hard to disprove. And people are suffering because of it.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:49 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Plot twist: this lunatic is an actress

Well, that’s not really a plot twist. More like: I shoulda seen that coming from a mile away.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:50 PM

8,209 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I found some of her tik toks where she's not as shrill and screaming/crying.

This chick is a mess.

She says she has a whole host of medical issues - adhd, ibs, pots, to name a small few - and is on a whole slew of medications as is.

And suffers from "medical trauma". (I wish I we had a bigger eye roll emoji to use than this: )

At this point I honestly think the only thing she really has is hypochondria.
I have medical trauma too. I was forced to endure a prolapsed uterus for many years while it went undiagnosed. They refused to even examine me. I bled heavily for years and almost died. I was bleeding 24/7 and I bled so much that I used a tampon, pad, and adult diaper at the same time and I still had to change all of that every hour. I would be in severe pain like I was in labor (and I was in a way because my body was trying to eject my own uterus) and I had nurses laugh at me when I would react to the pain and one said "why don't you just take a midol?" I kept going to doctors trying to get help and the most they did was take my vitals and laugh at me while I was dying in front of them. I stayed sick from the blood loss. I finally found a doctor in another town and he saved my life, but I was definitely traumatized from the years of begging for help while being ridiculed. Even the doctor who saved me jumped on the nurses who were 'caring' for me because they were mocking me too when I was in pain and he was coming by and heard it.

I was so weak from blood loss at the time that I even crashed on the table when they were trying to find out why I was bleeding so much and they had to bring me back with the paddles. I woke up with very bad chest pain. Then I had to go back couple months later for the hysterectomy. He ended up doing it and eating the cost because Medicaid was refusing to authorize the procedure even though I was going to die without it and I couldn't wait anymore to get it done.

I was in so much pain before the hysterectomy that it felt like I had a huge pain pill after the surgery before they even gave me pain meds. I wasn't going to take anything because I felt so much relief already and the nurse was like you just had major surgery, you need to take something and acting like I was nuts. They didn't care about my pain before then.

That was not the only time I was denied medical care and basically tortured to the point of death. I have been sick since I was born and I was even set aside without oxygen and was going to be allowed to die back then. That's how worthless the infallible Creator created me to be.

The impoverished are often considered to be trash to the medical professionals and we are treated like garbage. It is very traumatic to many of us.

A lot of people who are in pain like that are driven to suicide because they can't take it anymore. It's definitely traumatic for them.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Or perhaps the doctor thinks she’s a whack-a-doodle who he can not give a drug which requires a higher than normal level of patient self responsibility to be safely taken. I watched just part of one of her videos - and dear lord, the lady is not stable - so I agree, if that’s his reasoning.
I don't think many people who are on TikTok are stable from what I have heard about it. She could be a medicine seeking nutball.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
She doesn’t mention it, but I’d have to guess it’s probably Depakote as that can be effective for cluster headaches and contraindicated in pregnancy. I think the only injection approved for cluster headaches is Emgality. It can be hard to get treatment like that approved because you have to show you’ve tried like a bazillion things before insurance will approve it.
I am on Emgality for my migraines. It's a miracle drug. I have trouble finding someone to inject me though. I have never been able to do it. I am very scared of needles. I keep migraines most days and I get some so bad I have trouble getting to the bathroom because of the auras. Migraines are not just headaches. You get very dizzy and even sick on stomach. I have ended up in the ER before from dehydration and stuck on an IV because of them before.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:35 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I don't think many people who are on TikTok are stable from what I have heard about it. She could be a medicine seeking nutball.
TikTok has over one billion MAU.

You really can't generalise like that.

You could also be a medicine seeking nutball.

But I don't know you so I wouldn't make that assumption.

Old 09-29-2022, 12:19 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sigh.

Watch her videos.

I've literally said it 3 or 4 times in this thread.
So you can't point to any particular part of a video, or even any video, that backs up what you say?

Why does anyone need to watch video after video in hopes of tripping over something that might support your point, when you can't even do it yourself?

Old 09-29-2022, 12:57 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So you can't point to any particular part of a video, or even any video, that backs up what you say?

Why does anyone need to watch video after video in hopes of tripping over something that might support your point, when you can't even do it yourself?
Lmao

Is the fact that her doc prescribed her a weekly injection an important plot point? Really?

Believe me, don’t believe me, I don’t care. She has dozens of insane videos - if it means that much to you, get to tik toking.

At the end of the day, she’s still an actress, a lunatic and a hypochondriac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies