Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 07:57 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

If you bastardize your birth sex you ARE an “it”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 08:04 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I looked through the whole doc referenced by the blog quoted in the OP, and nowhere did it mention calling anyone “it”.
WRONG, finny.
Quote:
What kids? Kids that identify as non binary do not “obviously have mental health issues” nor poor nutrition, any more than any other kid.

How many kids that identify as non binary or gender non conforming do you actually know?

There was no recommendation by the SFUSD in the doc to refer to anyone as it.

As usual the OP is misleading and hysterical.
where did anyone claim anything about a 'recommendation'?

nowhere. you just made that up.
Attached Thumbnails
San Fran Unified School District facilitates secret child sexual transitions & allows students to identify as "it"-fd1kxnmacaakru0.jpeg  

Old 09-30-2022, 08:19 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Pedophiles in control. They need to be locked away for life, away from children.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:31 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
WRONG, finny.

where did anyone claim anything about a 'recommendation'?

nowhere. you just made that up.

Yep you are right, I stand corrected.

In page 30 of 58, there is this reference:

Quote:
Teacher Tip Remind students that it is important to always be respectful in addressing someone and to use the pronouns that person wants used when describing them. 1) Pronouns can be self-determined based off of an internal sense of gender identity 2) Someones pronouns do not have to be fixed and can change over time 3) It is our collective job to show mutual respect by using people’s correct pronouns 4) We are increasingly seeing students using the pronoun ‘it’. This is sometimes considered a contentious practice. Please read our guide on how to navigate this
In which case, I’ll clarify that the guide likens “it” to a slur, like the n word, and that some students are “taking it back” so it loses its powers when they use it, like the n word. In which case, they recommended letting them use it. That’s also controversial and contentious.

They are not saying “it” should be a pronoun in common use by everyone.

And as you can see by the posts responding to your OP, plenty of people think “it” is suggested as a pronoun by the school district. Must be the way you worded it, uggo.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
And as you can see by the posts responding to your OP, plenty of people think “it” is suggested as a pronoun by the school district. Must be the way you worded it, uggo.
nope. just you, finny.

everyone else figured it out.

how about naming these 'plenty of people' for us?

look up the word 'allowed' and get back to us.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
If you bastardize your birth sex you ARE an “it”.
My kid’s non binary, they are a they, not an it.

They’re a lovely, kind, considerate, helpful, loving, funny person.

You?

Old 10-01-2022, 03:27 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:

You?
just curious, how old is your kid? reason why i am asking is because when my daughter was in 7th grade last year, her friend (12) came out as non-binary as well as a few other girls in the grade. one even cut her hair short and wanted to be he/him pronouns and even changed names to something more masculine but not anything similar to birth name (like you can just change names and that is perfectly fine). another girl came out as lesbian (12). anyhoo, back to the non-binary girl. this year she is back to she/her. what happened? turns out she found developing breasts uncomfortable and didn’t like having to wear a bra. now she is used to it and back to being a girl. ah yes, the noble tween mind. my point is, tweens and teens brains are developing as their bodies are. they are still new here and figuring it all out. how much do we indulge in affirming their mental fickleness? is it really doing more harm than good?

Old 10-01-2022, 03:36 AM

Quote:

You?
are you encouraging them to lop off body parts or sew new ones on?

Old 10-01-2022, 04:38 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
People from San Fran wonder why we call them fairies.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
just curious, how old is your kid? reason why i am asking is because when my daughter was in 7th grade last year, her friend (12) came out as non-binary as well as a few other girls in the grade. one even cut her hair short and wanted to be he/him pronouns and even changed names to something more masculine but not anything similar to birth name (like you can just change names and that is perfectly fine). another girl came out as lesbian (12). anyhoo, back to the non-binary girl. this year she is back to she/her. what happened? turns out she found developing breasts uncomfortable and didn’t like having to wear a bra. now she is used to it and back to being a girl. ah yes, the noble tween mind. my point is, tweens and teens brains are developing as their bodies are. they are still new here and figuring it all out. how much do we indulge in affirming their mental fickleness? is it really doing more harm than good?
That’s a fair question. You know, as rude as some people are about this, the majority of parents in this situation only want what’s best for their children and are just as confused and concerned as anyone else would be.

My kid is nearly 16 and this also started when they were 12. We had the same thoughts about whether early puberty and rapid development was a contributing factor.

But we also recognised that there were a lot of signs about being uncomfortable confirming as a girl throughout childhood, that we didn’t take particularly seriously.

And they are splendidly happy living their chosen identity. There aren’t any others in their year group AFAIK.

However, we do wonder and have done whether it’s a phase or whether it’s something they’ll grow out of. Of course we do. We’re not stupid.

No signs of a reversal so far.

But they are not allowed to make any bodily modifications until they’re an adult capable of making informed decisions, and they’ve agreed to start counselling at 16 to make sure there’s nothing underlying that’s driving this, so they don’t do anything too drastic without understanding themselves properly.

They aren’t trans and don’t have a desire to transition, they aren’t self harming or suicidal, in fact they’re pretty happy as they are at the moment.

They just don’t want to be a girl. What we would have called in the past, androgynous.

Very much like Taylor Mason in Billions. A great kid. And super confident to go pull this off in front of their peers. I, well, wouldn’t have had the balls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies