Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 09:42 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post

The thing with Indian immigrants in the US is they are pretty elite. Not just because they went to an IIT, but I think 90%+ of US Indians who are Hindus are brahmins. Indian society is very stratified by class and family, and many of these upper caste Hindus import their prejudices and entitled attitudes.
So that is how they are able to afford all those gas stations, and hotels/motels as soon as they step off the boat. They are already wealthy. I think that is the same with the Moslems. From what I seen, they open businesses right away in very expensive markets like a DDs in NYC. They never actually worked for anyone or earn their way to owner class except working for their fathers in their father's business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2022, 09:44 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Diversity is our weakness.

Old 10-02-2022, 06:29 AM

7,288 posts, read 3,796,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Here's a whole article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...#United_States

"Christian nationalists believe that the US is meant to be a Christian nation and want to "take back" the US for God. Experts say that Christian-associated support for right-wing politicians and social policies, such as legislation related to immigration, gun control and poverty is best understood as Christian nationalism..."

"Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene has referred to herself as a Christian nationalist. Fellow congresswomen Lauren Boebert and Mary Miller have also expressed support for Christian nationalism. Kris Kobach has described himself as a Christian nationalist. White nationalist Nick Fuentes has expressed support for Christian nationalism..."
I don't believe any of that. The issues of immigration, gun control and poverty are unrelated to Christianity.

I will say that when it comes to poverty, Christians give more than any other group in the US.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:13 AM

25,718 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What country is this in?
Why... it's in OUR country. You know, Woketopia?

Old 10-02-2022, 12:44 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes it is. I have family members who live in Jersey City, the most diverse area of the whole country. We visit often, and it is a fantastic place to live. 99% of the time everyone gets along. My family members grow a great garden and give all of the extra veggies to their neighbors who range from Italian to Greek to Afghani to Indian. The old Afghani couple is very sweet and considers my family member to almost be a second grandson to them. The Afghani couple cooks my family members absolutely delicious food allll the time. Homemade, from scratch. When my family members moved into their neighborhood in Jersey City, there was a bad ice storm that year and some of the ice froze and ripped off part of the siding of their home. My family member’s Hispanic neighbors helped fix it for them for free because the Hispanic guy was quite handy and did it just to be a kind neighbor. Believe it or not, diversity really isn’t that big of a deal and everyone can get along. It may shock some of you living in far less areas that people of all different races, ethnicities, religions, and customs are pretty much your typical average joe schmoes for the most part and are concerned about the same things you are too - like simply providing for their families and trying to make day to day ends meet. Love going to Jersey City to visit….last time we went we went to an absolutely amazing old school Italian deli for lunch. Then at dinner went to a place a few blocks away for Egyptian food. It was absolutely incredible. I mean how many places can say they have those kinds of options available? Much better than boring suburbia with strip mall after strip mall that all have the same restaurant chains serving mediocre food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies