Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 01:52 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Putin invaded Ukraine....illegally. There is no ambiguity here....many of us on here get information from both domestic and international sources. There is one source of what is considered true propaganda and that comes out of Russia....where a journalist can be arrested for calling the Special Military Operation a war as they did in the early days of the war....and still can be if they report negative news. Nobody is buying Russian propaganda because it's blatantly stupid.
History is written by the victors. If Russia wins (though I don't think they will) this Russian "propaganda" will be in the history books as the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2022, 01:56 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Why stop there...LBJ and Vietnam
We don't win wars we break countries and gotta pay to fix them.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:57 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
We have been throwing away money honey for years on no win wars. Look at Bush 1 and 2 and their 3 failed wars and money lost and life.

Of course. All for nothing. But the US wasn't being invaded by people from all over the world entering our border at the time. The money thrown at Ukraine should be devoted to securing our own border, and to our own natural disaster recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Do you think the US (and the other western countries) have any interest in promoting and protecting liberal democracy? Or do you think that given our other priorities/problems/responsibilities/etc. we need to recognize and tolerate imperialism, where bigger countries (typically with autocratic governments) just take over smaller/weaker countries?

The US should stay out.

They should stop also interfering with other countries' elections.
This country is famous for using bullying and provocation tactics.

The administration should take all the funds thrown freely to Ukraine and use them to support Americans suffering from natural disaster, and should use them to secure our own border. America first.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:59 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Just remember...it's NOT the world vs Russia.

China and India don't want to play these little war games and are allies with Russia.
How does that stop Russia from launching ICBMs? China's nuke arsenal is a tenth of Russia and India isn't worth mentioning.

Other possibilities are generals refuse to obey orders to launch nukes or generals arrest Putin before he can give such orders.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:02 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Of course. All for nothing. But the US wasn't being invaded by people from all over the world entering our border at the time. The money thrown at Ukraine should be devoted to securing our own border, and to our own natural disaster recovery.

The US should stay out.

They should stop also interfering with other countries' elections.
This country is famous for using bullying and provocation tactics.

The administration should take all the funds thrown freely to Ukraine and use them to support Americans suffering from natural disaster, and should use them to secure our own border. America first.
And fix our roads and bridges. We could have repaved the whole country with the money lost since 1990 on no win wars.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 10-02-2022 at 02:12 PM..

Old 10-02-2022, 02:05 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
I do know that back channels are open between Russia and US/NATO which is a good thing. The risk here the way I see it is that Putin maybe stupid enough to use a tactical nuke in some form and think there will be no response....not just from NATO but the entire globe. Outside of using their Big Nukes and engaging in Mutually Assured Destruction....the cost of Russia going nuclear far outweighs the benefits. It wouldn't be just NATO responding...there would be an international outcry and condemnation which would result in immense pressure put on China and India to respond. The first target from the analyst I read would be taking out the Russian fleet in the Black Sea with conventional weapons...and probably a massive response in conventional weapons. For Russia it wouldn't change the battlefield...it would just make it worse...Ukraine would be receiving the most advanced weapons that the west has held back on so far. I think if there were an actual advantage to using unconventional weapons for Russia...Putin would already be deploying them....there is no moral struggle here.

We have Putin's Russia on it's heels and ALL of the world leaders know this. According to a Yougov Poll only 20% of Americans think we are doing too much for Ukraine...and it is a strange intersection between the far paleoconservative right and the Noam Chomsky far left. That's up from 13% back in May. Putin has proved himself to be a menace to the security of the global community and spare me the but but The US...Putin has thumbed his nose at international laws and committed atrocities and war crimes on a level not seen since WW2. Back in 1945 the world made an agreement "Never Again" well that is applicable here.
Lot of text here. Putin on his heels dying of cancer Ukraine entering Moscow at any moment. Russia going to drop the bomb any moment now. This ain't 1959 and Putin ain't the nut. The country attempting to control the world's energy by destroying their own allies is the problem.

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How does that stop Russia from launching ICBMs? China's nuke arsenal is a tenth of Russia and India isn't worth mentioning.

Other possibilities are generals refuse to obey orders to launch nukes or generals arrest Putin before he can give such orders.
You're just itching for the US to go to war aren't you ?

2,137 posts, read 1,207,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Have you ever pondered the thought that’s it NATO that is the real bully?
My thoughts are more logical than that, whatever that ^ is, so I answer you: NO !

Old 10-02-2022, 02:12 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
"They knew not to build weapons of mass destruction in their own backyard"

Prometheus Ridley Scott

Old 10-02-2022, 02:24 PM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
I do know that back channels are open between Russia and US/NATO which is a good thing. The risk here the way I see it is that Putin maybe stupid enough to use a tactical nuke in some form and think there will be no response....not just from NATO but the entire globe. Outside of using their Big Nukes and engaging in Mutually Assured Destruction....the cost of Russia going nuclear far outweighs the benefits. It wouldn't be just NATO responding...there would be an international outcry and condemnation which would result in immense pressure put on China and India to respond. The first target from the analyst I read would be taking out the Russian fleet in the Black Sea with conventional weapons...and probably a massive response in conventional weapons. For Russia it wouldn't change the battlefield...it would just make it worse...Ukraine would be receiving the most advanced weapons that the west has held back on so far. I think if there were an actual advantage to using unconventional weapons for Russia...Putin would already be deploying them....there is no moral struggle here.

We have Putin's Russia on it's heels and ALL of the world leaders know this. According to a Yougov Poll only 20% of Americans think we are doing too much for Ukraine...and it is a strange intersection between the far paleoconservative right and the Noam Chomsky far left. That's up from 13% back in May. Putin has proved himself to be a menace to the security of the global community and spare me the but but The US...Putin has thumbed his nose at international laws and committed atrocities and war crimes on a level not seen since WW2. Back in 1945 the world made an agreement "Never Again" well that is applicable here.

same back channels told putin last spring that if he STOPPED at donbass it would be no blood, no foul.

As I said before, right now the back channels are outlining what targets he may hit.

the admin has ALWAYS planned for UKR to be carved up. nothing has changed, except much of europe has defied the current admin. There is a reason we are not on full speaking terms with the UK, germany and France at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies