Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 09:51 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My friend is going to a convention next week and if you are not vaccinated you need to bring a negative test with you that was taken within 72 hours or take a home test there. It’s pretty common knowledge now that you can get Covid just as easily and pass it on if you are vaccinated and boosted so it doesn’t make sense.
Once people get power they don't give it up without a fight.
And not too many are fighting it.

I bet your friend goes and gets a test or shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 09:59 AM

610 posts, read 264,127 times
Optics and virtue signaling, mainly. But events requiring this are in the minority at this point. Since April I have been to a large conference and multiple concerts/live theater performances and there have been no restrictions at all.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:10 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I have a question -- if we allow people not to get the COVID vaccine, can they opt out of all the required immunizations and are we all okay with that.

For years military, first responders, individuals have been required to get certain immunizations, some of which are questioned by others....and we really have never seen a push back.

Are we suggesting now that no one should have to have any immunizations or just the COVID one.
Let's start with the ones that work. The Covid one is irrelevant if you get it or not because it doesn't work. Yes it can help people who are vulnerable but that's it. There is absolutely no reason a healthy person who by now probably has had Covid at least once to continue this charade.

If I didn't have the Polio vaccine I would get it, because it is proven to work and has a long history and has proven itself.

Old 10-03-2022, 11:35 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
My body my choice

My convention my choice

My business my choice

Old 10-03-2022, 12:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
There's a big difference between childhood immunizations like polio, measles, chicken pox ect. and the covid vaccine.

The former were all tested on so many people over a period of many years. Covid vaccine was thrown together in months, tested on a minimum number of people and approved for emergency use only. Covid also has over a 90% survival rate for healthy individuals. The other vaccines pretty much eliminated polio and other diseases in this country. Covid vaccine does nothing to eliminate the virus or keep people from getting it or spreading it.

Apples and oranges you are trying to compare.

^^^^ yeah, this

while I supported the idea of 'warp speed' the rollout ignored basic science we were told to accept w/o question and now we have what we have. To an outside observer, the only sure way to get the disease more than once, is to get the vax, especially more than once. I question if this was the desired outcome.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:54 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
We still have covidians posting on this board who think if you are not vaxed and boosted, then you will get Covid and spread to others

Old 10-03-2022, 01:01 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
The only way to get the message across would be if no one attended the convention.

But we all know that won't happen. People will show up with their "vaccine pass" or negative test.

Old 10-03-2022, 02:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
What does fully vaccinated mean at this point in time?

Old 10-03-2022, 02:57 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What does fully vaccinated mean at this point in time?
19 boosters........

Old 10-03-2022, 03:03 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Why are some events still requiring a negative Covid test if not vaccinated when you can still get it and pass it on?
Because we live in a society filled with morons. And far too often those morons find their way to a position of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies