Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 06:35 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,117,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Equity implies there is someone to determine and distribute equity.

In this case it is the corrupt government who will decide to replace dreams, hope and hard work of individuals.

the vagaries of politics does not create a stable platform to rule over equity across administrations. To ensure consistent equity, the government must be stabilized with lifetime despotic rulers.
And it should be and only be about, "EQUALITY. Verbal Lettuce Harris has mad it perfectly clear that she's an idiot and is all about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 06:48 AM

52,541 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Racists are always looking for a new term for their condition in order to apply their intolerance to others.
yep. your team chose 'equity' as it's newest cutesy orwellian term for that purpose. enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Also, the people who actually run this country aren't white.
what color are they?

Old 10-06-2022, 07:08 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Well Verbal Lettuce Harris has proven again that (Equity) is the new word for (Racism).
Instead of equality being the key word to unite the folks of Florida in helping one another. She thinks that Equity should play the part of what FEMA should use in determining who gets help first.
The moron needs to shut up and let the experts do the job they are trained to do. Even Elon Musk thinks she's and idiot.
I personally could care less what color or nationality you are, we're all God's children and we need to work together as one.
She's just pandering to the Racist, BLM, Woke LEFT. She thinks she's going to be President someday, like that Office even means anything anymore. What a freaking joke of a country we've become.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:14 AM

284 posts, read 114,258 times
You can add "diversity" to the list of terms that equate to racism as well.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:30 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Well Verbal Lettuce Harris has proven again that (Equity) is the new word for (Racism).
Instead of equality being the key word to unite the folks of Florida in helping one another. She thinks that Equity should play the part of what FEMA should use in determining who gets help first.
The moron needs to shut up and let the experts do the job they are trained to do. Even Elon Musk thinks she's and idiot.
I personally could care less what color or nationality you are, we're all God's children and we need to work together as one.

This is what you get when you hire based solely on race and gender.

Competency isn't even in the top five of qualifications.

No harm if you're hiring a burger flipper.....

Old 10-06-2022, 07:35 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what color are they?
"White" isn't a color. Southern Europeans are darker than a lot of Japanese and Koreans. White is a vague concept where not even white-supremacists can agree what it means. But most people define it as being wholly or predominantly ancestrally European Christian.

All Europeans are a varying mix of Western European Hunter-gatherers, Anatolian Farmers, and the Yamnaya. While there is recognizable variation across European, almost all Europeans cluster fairly close relative to other populations.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41431-019-0466-6

https://media.springernature.com/lw6...ML.png?as=webp

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...nt-samples.png

Old 10-06-2022, 08:35 AM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
DEI, all of it, not just the equity part has some level of racism built in. To get Diversity and Inclusion someone still has to make an assessment and put white people at that back or not in all all really if we really think about it.

Just a few months ago I saw a whole slew of resumes across my desk from our corporate office. Of that about 10 or so I looked at that was only one name that could have been a black or white person.

The rest were all clearly ethic names, ie, not Jim Smith. The thing is that many of these resumes these people were educated and clearly capable people, but a few were so far removed from our business that I wonder if the corporate recruiter was stuck on checking off boxes or just didn't understand what our group was looking for in a candidate.

I'm thinking he was just looking for "diversity", especially being a large fortune 200 company, need to satisfy the corporate DEI chief's quotas.

Another insidious thing in my opinion is if we keep pushing all of this stuff it's going to cause resentment at some point. Non-whites are going to wonder if they were a token hire and others might assume that they are a token hire. Not across the board, but this give one group preferential treatment over another can't be good in the long run.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:46 AM

33,072 posts, read 12,328,151 times
Quote:

She's a hypocrite.

She wouldn't support she and her husband's wealth being taken away as part of 'equity'.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:48 AM

33,072 posts, read 12,328,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
She was supposed to ride Joe's coat tails. She obviously Managed to under perform ever expectation.Not everybody is fit to drive an 18 wheeler. Not with Corn Pop and Trump's supporters causing global warming with their F 150s.

Even my pompous, idiotic, liberal, son of a pony soldier, staunch ally of NK, urchin snouted, scut, who is a low example of what could only be vaguely considered any kind of prototype for a man, can not as a British person defend this admin. He sits in the co4ner avoiding eye contact. I run the retirement plan. Lol talk about an exercise in pomposity slowly breathing out and humility setting in.

For those of you that think I am being too harsh he is allowed direct daylight next week.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:50 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Nobody with an IQ north of 75 thought this.
Exactly. Just the people that voted for Joe and Kammie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies