Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 07:14 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Several years ago, I was switching my business account to another bank, more perks. I left several hundred in the old account for several weeks because I did not have time to go there. Being a business account. I knew to the penny how much should be in it. I went to close it and was told I was overdrawn. Turns out there had been a Paypal withdrawl. I did not have a Paypal account. I fought them for months and never did get the money back. No way I would ever have an account with crooks like that. A teacher I know had the same thing happen to him. He never got his money back either.
----------------------------------------------------
Did Paypal give you a reason why?
Is it Paypal the company or someone who has a paypal account?
If someone linked your bank account to his Paypal account,he could withdraw from your bank account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 07:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Several years ago, I was switching my business account to another bank, more perks. I left several hundred in the old account for several weeks because I did not have time to go there. Being a business account. I knew to the penny how much should be in it. I went to close it and was told I was overdrawn. Turns out there had been a Paypal withdrawl. I did not have a Paypal account. I fought them for months and never did get the money back. No way I would ever have an account with crooks like that. A teacher I know had the same thing happen to him. He never got his money back either.
I had someone take out money from my PayPal.

Paypal credited me the whole amt. after they investigated.

Old 10-09-2022, 07:21 PM

5,147 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Now they're claiming it was all just a mistake.

PayPal Pulls Back, Says It Won’t Fine Customers $2,500 for ‘Misinformation’ after Backlash

Perhaps Musk was just trolling us again?
This was no mistake. Do you not think a team of lawyers went over every detail before this was released or was this just some kid gone wild from the mailroom. Cancel your account and bankrupt this company.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
This was no mistake. Do you not think a team of lawyers went over every detail before this was released or was this just some kid gone wild from the mailroom. Cancel your account and bankrupt this company.
Not so sure it wasn't just a big error.

Often draft documents get saved -- could they have hit the wrong document to 'send' -- sure.

They apologized, never implemented it and it never happened.

So it's over.

And if you don't want to use PayPal don't......

Old 10-09-2022, 08:03 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Could not even get Paypal to respond.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:18 PM

5,147 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Could not even get Paypal to respond.

The customer service is like trying to get a broker on the phone during the 1987 crash. No phone support. You can believe this was some kind of mistake but this is a large company not some start up run out of someone's garage.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:57 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:

Often draft documents get saved -- could they have hit the wrong document to 'send' -- sure.

So it's over.

The only "error" was PayPal's overestimation of their thinking that this would be accepted without question. Perhaps they have been listening to too much of their own progressive "misinformation" telling everyone that this type of control is what people want.

But to think this is over is very naive. This was a trial balloon, that burst. They will try this again at some point, probably in the near future. The next version won't be as drastic. They do this to get the people that are really naive to say "Oh gee...this is much better it's only a $200 fine instead of $2500". Where they welcome it with open arms because it isn't as bad. Without realizing that PayPal is still going after "misinformation" as they define it.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:59 PM

829 posts, read 465,550 times
Okay, I wonder. They did this on Friday right? This gives everyone a couple of days to get stirred up about it. PayPal has towers full of lawyers. It was no mistake. The new AUP got up long enough to cause an earthquake and was then pulled and brushed of as an "error". So why would PayPal do this? Could it be the board or whoever makes these kinds of decisions, is trying to get the stock price low enough for some purpose we have not yet recognized? Maybe to buy back or they know someone would come in and take a controlling interest because they are in trouble? One article I read claims they are about 1/3rd the capital they were a while back. At first I thought it was a trial balloon by the wokesters but the more I think about this the more crazy it gets. It just all seems weird that all of MSM is so concerned they run the article all over the internet. They (MSM) probably all wish they could fine anyone who "misspeaks" so I wonder. With the manipulation that goes on with the press now-days it makes one suspicious.

Old 10-10-2022, 03:44 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:

So it's over.

Why are you defending this company so much? Do you work for them or have a high amount of stocks with them? It's odd.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:09 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
Quote:

before or after you read Kaynes tweet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies