Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 06:25 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times

Advertisements

Democrats hate free speech. No, "not all" but clearly ones that have pull in big tech.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 10-09-2022 at 06:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 06:34 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I did a #blackconservative on Instagram. Found many Instagram accounts by Black conservatives. None of them are being restricted. Sounds like a KANYE problem.
So what exactly is the Kanye problem? Can you point to what exactly he said that is a problem?

Old 10-09-2022, 07:42 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Let Kanye rant, Dems and Twitter just look stupid Canceling him!
Problem, they look stupid to many who have no ability to respond in a useful, effective way. they look like heroes to the dems, big tech and media who control the message.

In a way, shutting down diverse thought and discussion diminishes our collective benefit. Diversity is nature;s way of ensuring species survival. A role model for society, the party of diversity of skin color and sexual preference, ignores to our detriment. Selective diversity is the problem the party of diversity owns.

Old 10-09-2022, 07:49 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I did a #blackconservative on Instagram. Found many Instagram accounts by Black conservatives. None of them are being restricted. Sounds like a KANYE problem.
31million followers vs 31,000 or 3,100 followers? 31? lol.

Old 10-09-2022, 07:53 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
well, I personally believe Kanye West has some kind of personality disorder. I don't take him seriously.

This said, I don't think he should be restricted, not like anybody's life have been threated by him. lol Let him talk, act, or wear whatever he wants to wear. Nobody should care. Either you believe freedom of speech/expression, or you don't.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:25 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
First, the sage words of Alice Cooper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Cooper
I call it treason against rock 'n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics.... When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick..... If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.
Next...

This is the same Kanye who said George Bush hates black people and that's why FEMA didn't respond to Katrina as fast he'd like.

Next...

This is the same Kanye who has dragon's blood.

OK, now that we have some context, I watched like 10 minutes worth of clips from the interview, and Kanye is both genius and Obvious Troll. His political opinion is meaningless, but he figured the same thing out that Fox News did a looooooonnnnnngggggg time ago - the left is saturated to the point of a hurricane of white noise with leftist echo chamber opining. There is a vast, untapped audience on the NotLeft that will spend money, give you deals, buy whatever you're peddling, etc. Apparently, he heard the Michael Jordan maxim that Republicans buy sneakers too.

He's on an island made of money that every other entertainer in his entire milieu stays 100 miles away from like it's cancer. And oh look, somewhere between 2005 and now, he reinvented himself into this newly minted conservative fundamentalist. The GOP hates black people in 2005, and in 2022, it's liberal policies that hate them.

Tucker gives him an hour. Pretty soon, the right leaning old white people with money and power will be handing him bags of cash to buy "I like black people" cred.

Watch/listen to him with a grain of realism salt.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:36 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
I watched it.
He is quite bright, mostly well-intentioned, borderline narcissistic, and definitely ADHD — has trouble staying focused and on point and rambles around.

What impressed me most was his courage to take a stand on important issues like the hard core liberal indoctrination in our schools — addressing how he couldn’t tell people he supported/voted for Trump policies because of the fear for his children by what the left would do to them…

I loved that he and Candace Ownes braved wearing the White Lives Matter t-shirts.
When asked why he did that, he said, “because they do!”

Old 10-09-2022, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
https://www.insider.com/twitter-remo...people-2022-10
In a tweet now removed by Twitter for violating its guidelines, the rapper and fashion designer said he was "going death con 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE."

West defended himself by saying he could not be antisemitic because "black people are actually Jew [sic]."

So bright, mostly well intentioned....and courageous right?

You all have to own this kind of behaviour along with Kanye's 'courageous' acts....

Old 10-09-2022, 09:16 AM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
I'll take Kanye with a grain of salt. I just can't trust a rapper.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I'll take Kanye with a grain of salt. I just can't trust a rapper.
https://www.insider.com/twitter-remo...people-2022-10
In a tweet now removed by Twitter for violating its guidelines, the rapper and fashion designer said he was "going death con 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE."

West defended himself by saying he could not be antisemitic because "black people are actually Jew [sic]."

Grain of salt? Why not just total dismissal of a man who would say something like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies