Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 10:39 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
so, checking in days after my post and reading all the posts.

I noticed a trend...

those who are clearly 'pro internet' (even tho their definition of what the internet is is NOT related to the design purpose) like like like the fact that they can do online, 'stuff' that used to require meeting or interacting with someone in person, AND they equally advocate that wehen you want to interact, virtual is the way to go (I saw snapcrap, instacrap, hatebook and its weak sister nextdoor) AND they liked the anonymity to attack...

boy, this all sez something no?
What your post says is you like making up words to express your negative thoughts.

So tell us, why are you a regular on City Data? I noticed you didn't include this forum in the list of apps you don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 10:42 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
those who are clearly 'pro internet' (even tho their definition of what the internet is is NOT related to the design purpose) like like like the fact that they can do online, 'stuff' that used to require meeting or interacting with someone in person, AND they equally advocate that wehen you want to interact, virtual is the way to go (I saw snapcrap, instacrap, hatebook and its weak sister nextdoor) AND they liked the anonymity to attack...

boy, this all sez something no?
What it "sez" is that you didn't read and/or comprehend any of the "pro internet" posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I see the internet and smartphones and computer tech as a huge step backwards for the human mind. I would chose the typical tech of the 1970s and before any day of the week over where we are now.
So anyone echoing this sentiment will be leaving City-Data soon?

Old 10-11-2022, 07:15 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What your post says is you like making up words to express your negative thoughts.

Translation: I didnt read the thread like you did, but that never stops me from speaking ANYWAYS

Quote:
So tell us, why are you a regular on City Data? I noticed you didn't include this forum in the list of apps you don't like.

Im a regular? bwahahahahaha. didnt do any research again?

Old 10-11-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What it "sez" is that you didn't read and/or comprehend any of the "pro internet" posts.

ehhhh wrong. you want me to start quoting them? make ya look pretty dumb if I do. so be REAL careful with your answer.

like this one
Quote:
I love the internet because I can look up anything at any time. Much more convenient than going to the library and spending hours sifting through the card catalog and several books just to find the answer to one little question.

I also think email, and now texting via phone, has simplified communication and sharing of information.

The FIRST reply the reply-er is celebrating the fact that NO human F2F contact is required and god forbid anyone goto a REAL library. tsk

(sidebar: if secret govt agents were to take you into custody and take your cell phone and order you to march directly to your library - ok ok - you can drive - could you find IT? my bet is NO)

You forgot rule 1 of me posting: I never post ANYTHING here, unless I already HAVE the answer.

Like another randomly selected answer:

Quote:
I love the internet. I do most of my shopping and communication, and run a business off it. Plus you can always use it to read the news and fact-check the news with multiple outlets.

This person celebrates they no longer have to shop, talk or even RUN A BIZNESS interfacing with humans! trifecta!

EVEN you no longer have to leave the building AND you met your S.O. virtually. (so was the 'glance across the room' we used to experience been downgraded to 'the way he hit <enter>'?)

So summing up, I randomly selected 2 random posts from 2 randomly selected pages and - quelle surprise - supported my statement. actually, it was NOT a surprise to me, cuz well, I read them as I said and I posted my observations. before BOTH of my posts. Even sed so. wonderful how that works.

I did search YOUR contribution, that I alluded to. and sweetie? A lot earlier than the mid 90s

moral: what do I always implore CD posters to do when they 'Fire! Ready! Aim!'? one word: research.

PS: part of my stated research showed that people like social media to hurl insults from 'the void'. If CD is social media, which, in a way it can be thought of, then you just did that when you replied to me, talking about my obviously proven true post. Does your true reflection bother you? My bet: no.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:28 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Somebody seems to be having a bad evening. Posts a question, then comes back to make fun of the answers given. Sad.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:38 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
ehhhh wrong. you want me to start quoting them? make ya look pretty dumb if I do. so be REAL careful with your answer.

like this one

The FIRST reply the reply-er is celebrating the fact that NO human F2F contact is required and god forbid anyone goto a REAL library. tsk

(sidebar: if secret govt agents were to take you into custody and take your cell phone and order you to march directly to your library - ok ok - you can drive - could you find IT? my bet is NO)

You forgot rule 1 of me posting: I never post ANYTHING here, unless I already HAVE the answer.

Like another randomly selected answer:

This person celebrates they no longer have to shop, talk or even RUN A BIZNESS interfacing with humans! trifecta!

EVEN you no longer have to leave the building AND you met your S.O. virtually. (so was the 'glance across the room' we used to experience been downgraded to 'the way he hit <enter>'?)

So summing up, I randomly selected 2 random posts from 2 randomly selected pages and - quelle surprise - supported my statement. actually, it was NOT a surprise to me, cuz well, I read them as I said and I posted my observations. before BOTH of my posts. Even sed so. wonderful how that works.

I did search YOUR contribution, that I alluded to. and sweetie? A lot earlier than the mid 90s

moral: what do I always implore CD posters to do when they 'Fire! Ready! Aim!'? one word: research.

PS: part of my stated research showed that people like social media to hurl insults from 'the void'. If CD is social media, which, in a way it can be thought of, then you just did that when you replied to me, talking about my obviously proven true post. Does your true reflection bother you? My bet: no.
They actually said nothing of the sort.

You're just extrapolating.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Somebody seems to be having a bad evening. Posts a question, then comes back to make fun of the answers given. Sad.

im gonna limb and here and guess: reading is not a strong suit? or are we just trolling.

2 people challenged me that what I said was not in this thread and I proved it was and THIS is your response? choose your answer carefully.

oh btw - you didnt even read the OP, **I** did not start this thread. You should know, you gave the first answer....always being online and all that...

Old 10-11-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
They actually said nothing of the sort.

You're just extrapolating.

so let me get this straight, if we supply the oft request QUOTE, its STILL invalid cuz thats not what they said, lying eyes and all that? man you lefties ARE way out there. Not that this is political but generally only lefties behave this way.

doesnt matter, its still the truth and they said it :-)

btw - work on your definitions...
Quote:
Definition of extrapolate

transitive verb. 1a : to predict by projecting past experience or known data extrapolate public sentiment on one issue from known public reaction on others.

in this case, you do not extrapolate because you HAVE the data. (quoted previous post)

see the difference?

Old 10-12-2022, 03:30 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So anyone echoing this sentiment will be leaving City-Data soon?
I hate cars, but I drive one because it is hard to live without them. Are we better off because of cars? In some ways, yes. In other ways, no. Cars have been great for the economy and our standard-of-living, but terrible for communities, the environment, and our health.

As for the internet, I would disinvent all of civilization if I could, but I can't.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 10-12-2022 at 03:49 AM..

Old 10-12-2022, 07:50 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
The FIRST reply the reply-er is celebrating the fact that NO human F2F contact is required and god forbid anyone goto a REAL library.
The person you quoted said nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Again, the quote did not mention one thing about "interfacing with humans".

Try again.

Quote:
Sad, yes, but par for the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies