Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 05:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Of course I'm not ok with parents setting their kids on fire. Don't be ridiculous. Parents are not trying to harm their children. But, as I've said repeatedly AD NAUSEUM, I don't think it's prudent to give children irreversible medical care in this situation.

HOWEVER, I also don't agree with the state dictating such for parents, because I don't know their circumstances, and if they dictate this, what else are they going to dictate? Mandatory Covid vaccinations for 1 year olds? Ok with that are ya?

I don't know how much more reasonable I can be about it.

You can keep shouting me down but here as I'm sure IRL, people who you could educate in some ways - because I don't completely disagree with you - may actually listen to you if you weren't bloviating to this extent.

The state has laws against child abuse, yes? Are you also against those?

There are limits to what parents can do to their own children.

Subjecting a child to irreversible bodily harm falls under child abuse.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:57 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
The high school my kids went to in Illinois is spending $500k on a 'healthcare' clinic. The school is literally next door to a major hospital. Why do they need a healthcare clinic? I am convinced it's so they can provide 'gender affirming' care...( ie hormones and counseling (indoctrination) for this shi$.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The high school my kids went to in Illinois is spending $500k on a 'healthcare' clinic. The school is literally next door to a major hospital. Why do they need a healthcare clinic? I am convinced it's so they can provide 'gender affirming' care...( ie hormones and counseling (indoctrination) for this shi$.
And abortions, psychotropic drugs, and vaccinations.

All without parental consent.

If I bet money on that, and I'd win. Keep us posted.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:59 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The state has laws against child abuse, yes? Are you also against those?

There are limits to what parents can do to their own children.

Subjecting a child to irreversible bodily harm falls under child abuse.
If it works out for the child, then it isn’t harm is it? You assume that no child benefits.

This is your definition of child abuse. Abuse would be purposefully harming a child. Parents are trying to help their children. That is not, by definition, child abuse.

There are lots of things that can do irreversible harm to children that we could classify as child abuse if we’re just going to throw that term around like you do.

Like, religious indoctrination that the child never escapes psychologically. Or pushing kids to do so well in sports that they harm themselves. But we don’t classify those things as intentional child abuse. (No I’m not equating with gender care, I’m making an analogy).

I’m going to repeat myself ONE MORE TIME.

I think in most cases it is NOT PRUDENT to make modifications to the either the hormonal or physical body of someone who is not mature enough to make the decision.

I also think there are some rare instances where it could be the best course of action, but I don’t know who that would be for because it is not my child, I’m not the doctor, and I don’t want the state deciding my child’s medical care.

And whether you like it or not, it is still classed as medical care, not child abuse.

Old 10-12-2022, 02:27 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,579,249 times
Quote:
If you don't like setting puppies on fire, then don't do it. Because it's OK if other people do it.

Right? Idiot logic.
Making a decision about your body is not the same as taking on another person or animal. Try again.

Old 10-12-2022, 02:38 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,579,249 times
Quote:
My theory?

Is backed by stats of the massive rush to hormones and surgery, the intense indoctrination of kids and the whopping increase in LGBTQ populations among younger adults.

if you are seriously pretending that schools are NOT celebrating this, and writing that with full belief that kids aren't being celebrated in public schools you are being incredibly dishonest with yourself. And kids are not adults. Tell a 40 year old gay man he is transgendered and he'll tell you to pound sand. Tell a 12 year old questioning LGBBTQ that trans is uber cool ... what do you think they will choose? They will do what makes their teachers happy at that age. They have no idea what's going on.

I know of many instances where normal kids have chosen to be LGBTQ simply because of the massive amount of support that they get. It's more fun to be depressed and celebrated than to figure out what the real problem is. And then one has a lightbulb moment and *all of a sudden* none of the group are LGBTQ.

Per the bolded: you contradict yourself. You're against it until another parent says bu bu but my kid.

No. No kid. Ever. Leave them the flip ALONE.

As far as expressing themselves, what the crap does that mean? Kids have been expressing themselves for decades with makeup, hair, clothes, jewelry, tattoos, piercings ... why is transgender somehow special?

I know of transgender kids who refused to wear the school uniform and the parents stood behind it and the kids lost their opportunity for a good education. Because the kids refused to wear shorts. Just imbecilic. How is that any different than any other kid refusing to wear a uniform? And last I checked, girls AND boys wear shorts. Covers everyone, nobody is special. If a kid is suicidal because he can't wear a skirt that kid has mental problems. No way around that. That's a mental health issue. It's the equivalent of an adult saying they want a BMW and not a POS car. And will kill themselves if they do not get a BMW.

And if you believe your kid is in danger, don't send them into circumstances where they are in danger. As a parent, that's on you. You must protect your own kid.
And you think adults are immune to indoctrination? Actually they very much are not, otherwise there would not be so much clickbait and ad revenue. Many people remain susceptible to social influences throughout their lives - even to the point that your own chance of building wealth (or not) is most strongly tied to that of people around you.

However, susceptibility to outside influences is not necessarily a reason to assume that a person’s choices were not voluntary. If it were, then you would also not be justified in supporting so much autonomy for those over the arbitrary age of 18. Especially when you consider how many adults run up lots of high interest debt on frivolous purchases just to impress people they don’t even like...

Old 10-12-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Making a decision about your body is not the same as taking on another person or animal. Try again.
Parents are making irreversible and harmful decisions for their children that will change the child's life FOREVER. They are gambling their child's health away.

It is exactly the same thing.

Irreversible drug damage, irreversible genital mutilation, lifelong chronic drug takers and side effects, most of which we have not seen because ALL OF THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL.

The industry and virtue signaling trendy parents are creating a generation of children to be 100% dependent on drugs for LIFE.

LIFE. Their entire LIFE. Why? Because Dalton likes the color pink and plays princess with his sister, he must be a girl.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
If it works out for the child, then it isn’t harm is it? You assume that no child benefits.

This is your definition of child abuse. Abuse would be purposefully harming a child. Parents are trying to help their children. That is not, by definition, child abuse.

There are lots of things that can do irreversible harm to children that we could classify as child abuse if we’re just going to throw that term around like you do.

Like, religious indoctrination that the child never escapes psychologically. Or pushing kids to do so well in sports that they harm themselves. But we don’t classify those things as intentional child abuse. (No I’m not equating with gender care, I’m making an analogy).

I’m going to repeat myself ONE MORE TIME.

I think in most cases it is NOT PRUDENT to make modifications to the either the hormonal or physical body of someone who is not mature enough to make the decision.

I also think there are some rare instances where it could be the best course of action, but I don’t know who that would be for because it is not my child, I’m not the doctor, and I don’t want the state deciding my child’s medical care.

And whether you like it or not, it is still classed as medical care, not child abuse.
Because something is allowed does not make it right. If it wasn't classified as medical care would you be outraged?

It's all EXPERIMENTAL. None of it is approved. None of it. There is not one long term pediatric study of ANY of the drugs used in kids for "gender affirming care." There are no studies on how t preform these surgeries. They are making it up as they go along. Jazz Jennings called his surgery a Franken-vagina. Because he didn't have enough of a penis, since growth was stunted by puberty blockers and hormones, to even create a fake vagina. Faced multiple complications and additional surgeries. Then announced a binge eating disorder --GASP -- a mental health issue??? Shocker. That child is doomed. I hope he gets the mental health care he desperately needs, his parents are criminals, profiting off their virtue signaling. Appalling and disgusting.

They are sterilizing children. If a woman want to get a hysterectomy she'd be better off saying she's trans, because they will sign her up immediately to carve her up and remove her uterus. If she's hetero and doesn't want kids, it's more difficult.

These kids are lab rats. They are already discovering incredible cases of osteoporosis among biological females who have been taking these drugs. What else will they discover?

The surgeries? Have a 67% complication rate.

Name another surgery that is physically unnecessary that is allowed at that high of a complication rate.

Any parent that does this to their child? Is HARMING the child.

There is no other objective way to state that, because that is a fact.

Last edited by newtovenice; 10-12-2022 at 06:47 AM..

Old 10-13-2022, 07:16 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,816,274 times
Quote:
Ok.

So what’s your solution for people who are transgender?

What do you suggest they do if they’re mentally ill?

And I’m genuinely curious, do you think gay people are mentally ill?

Do you think maybe 30/40 years ago most people would have classified gay people as mentally ill?
FR. I sympathize with your situation as a parent under stress, but you and everyone on this forum would be well advised to refrain from two things, IMO.

1. Indiscriminate use of the use of the word 'gender'.
As a proxy for sex the ubiquitous use of 'gender' is a tool of Radical Transgender Ideology to manipulate language (pronouns, anyone?) for political advantage. Based solely on 'feelings' which cannot be authenticated or denied empirically, this ideology is more akin to a religion than a demonstrable objective reality.
Though we all may practice our own religion (or none) who else demands like TRAs that everyone 'affirm' their beliefs by praying with them in their church?

2. The use of homosexuality as an equivalent comparison to transgenderism is false.
We are quite in accord with straight folks about the reality and basis for being gay though we may differ on it's moral value; I can live with that. But our primarily goal was to be simply left alone and not be prosecuted as criminals for private sexual acts between consenting adults. The marriage stuff was IMO trivial and unnecessary; its over-hyped 'success' is more a reflection on the decline of marriage as a moral imperative than any real 'need for liberation'. But I digress.

Now even WE are faced with an existential crisis as more trans identified males demand access to women-space and women-bodies under their battle cry 'Transwomen ARE Women!'. Whodathunk that Lesbians would be faced with vitriol from men with lady-dicks who call us transphobes (and worse!) for not having sex with them?

The latest and most egregious step of this horrific process has unflinchingly led us to reality-denying laws, propaganda infused educational institutions and a cultural celebration of diversity and inclusion that knows no bounds.
Is it any wonder why we have an exponential increase in pre-pubescent gender dysphoria 'diagnoses' resulting in the cluster@#$% that is gender-affirming medicalization of our children?

Gay people are not transphobic and hope, like all good people, that hurting people find peace.
But not at our, or OUR CHILDREN'S EXPENSE.
You see, WE have children, too!

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 10-13-2022 at 08:07 AM..

Old 10-13-2022, 08:28 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Thanks for posting this. I would like to dig into it a bit further, because I’m not sure that some of these articles don’t just take the sensationalist angle and distort the truth.

Having said that, as the parent of a gender non conforming child, it makes me livid that there are medical professionals out there who would exploit these kids for monetary gain.

Anyone doing that should be investigated and lose their license if found to be doing so.

This is hard enough for families to navigate. There ARE kids who need help.

Any trans (or any gender non conforming person, kid or otherwise) considering drugs or physical modification should only be approved after extensive work with the appropriate team and after taking a decent amount of time to be sure, with full understanding of possible ramifications and clear grasp that nothing is a magic bullet, everything is work, and you may still be unfulfilled.

I do not think children are capable of making these life altering decisions, but I am all for support or care that helps them sort themselves out emotionally. That care needs to be objective and not biased toward profit for the institution or professional.

Non invasive support until the person is at least 25 would be my ideal scenario. There should be no production line approach to this.

Also, cowboy doctors cause the state to step in, which then restricts services to people who genuinely need it.

I guess this is what happens when medical care is all for profit. It’s unconscionable.
isn't what state legislatures are taking steps to stop only the drugs/surgeries for minors though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies