Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 04:53 PM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This district has been in Dem hands for a hundred years - this is the first time in a LONG time that a Republican has come close to flipping this seat.
Yes, this district is quite competitive. I believe it has been held by a Democrat since the 1930's. Ms. Green seems competent and Mr. Mrvan seems like a sleaze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 05:46 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...house-midterms

Something else very telling is the silence of the usual feminist groups including those with the Me Too movement.

1. How did they get these records?
2. Who obtained these records?
3. Who at Politico signed off the n this information being published?
4. Was there any collusion between the incumbent candidate and Politco?

Old 10-10-2022, 06:03 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do know that there's a police website for many agencies which has name, addres and age of a child SO.

BUT if you use this information in a derogatory manner, that's illegal. As it's printed

Using this public information to threaten, intimidate or harass sex/kidnap offenders will not be tolerated by the law enforcement agencies of Clark County. This abuse could potentially terminate our ability to release this important information to the public.

I really doubt the military permits sexual assault cases to be made public.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:08 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How in the hell does it make it a smear against her?

She was the victim.

In what way were they going to spin that to make her the 'disgraced' one in the story?

I know the Dems twist everything around, but you have to be one of the lowest class of people to try turn an assault on a victim into 'she was a disgraced military officer'.
She washed out of the military on bad performance. The claim is it was retaliation for reporting the sexual harassment. It's kind of nuanced. Washing out on bad performance is public interest for a politician, particularly one emphasizing their service record.

It's not really clear. Politico may have said fine, we won't mention the sexual assault complaint part but we're running the fact that you got does not meet standards and that you were washed out. My guess is that's what happened, or at least that's what they should have done. Of course that doesn't look good so then she felt forced to tell her side of the story which was she was washed out in retaliation for reporting sexual assault.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:28 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Yes, this district is quite competitive. I believe it has been held by a Democrat since the 1930's. Ms. Green seems competent and Mr. Mrvan seems like a sleaze.
I live in this district.

He is a tool.

JRG challenged him to a debate. He never responded - going on two weeks.

The Politco article came out yesterday: not a word from Mrvan.

I take that back. He took today to share a post about supporting veterans from a campaign stop from last week. He's literally trolling.

He can suck a bag of Richards for all I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies