Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 10:08 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jen...sexual-assault

I understand that politics is a 'blood-sport', but there was no reason to stoop to a new low, and make this incident public. And, as the GOP House candidate pointed out, is the possession of this record even legal?

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
Jennifer-Ruth Green, the Republican candidate in the race to represent Indiana's 1st Congressional District, is livid after Politico published details about her sexual assault while in the military, without her permission, and blames her opponent for "illegally" obtaining the information. But now she's ready to speak out.

In a profile of Green's career and candidacy in the Indiana congressional race, Politico reporter Adam Wren used the documents, which the outlet claimed "were obtained by a public records request and provided to Politico by a person outside the Mrvan campaign" to report last week that "an Iraqi serviceman sexually assaulted her by grabbing her breast and exposing himself" when "she and a small group of officers visited the national training center."

"The reality of it is – like I said at one point in my life to my assailant, 'No. Please stop. Don't.' – and he did what he wanted to do … This is the exact same situation all over again, all because there was a man who wanted some sort of gratification," Green said. "Congressman Frank Mrvan gets his gratification of trying to think he's smearing my name. Adam Wren gets his gratification of thinking he's going to get a good smear story out of it. And all it does is essentially reopen wounds for victims."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
After Politico ignored her pleas not to run the information detailing her sexual assault, which the outlet claims to have received from an individual outside the Mrvan campaign, Green said, "They did what they wanted, got what they wanted." The Indiana Republican said Politico proceeded with the publication of the information "despite having clear interaction and engagement and telling them that the records were illegally obtained."

"I believe Congressman Frank Mrvan illegally obtained those documents and was floating them around to press," Green said. "That's what our Politico team told us, that they were farming it out to several different press outlets to see who could write a very disgusting, ugly smear piece against me with the intent to paint me as a disgraced military officer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 10:29 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
How does one smear a victim? I don't get it. It seems she could turn it back on him and frame her opponent as a lout.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:39 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I don’t see how making this incident public would “help” the Democrat in this race, as we all know that is the main goal of any writer at Politico. It’s sad, but … what’s the point? Trying to make her seem terrible because she doesn't want to talk about it?

Old 10-09-2022, 11:03 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Why would Politico air details of a sexual assault? This should backfire on them.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:04 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I don’t see how making this incident public would “help” the Democrat in this race, as we all know that is the main goal of any writer at Politico. It’s sad, but … what’s the point? Trying to make her seem terrible because she doesn't want to talk about it?
I live in this district. I'm livid.

This district has been in Dem hands for a hundred years - this is the first time in a LONG time that a Republican has come close to flipping this seat.

Jennifer Ruth Green challenged Mrvan to debate over a week ago - he won't even respond.

And now this.

Here's why Mrvan thinks it will help: he's floundering. And press is good press.

He still might win - this district is that blue. But holy crap he must be scared about losing.

Old 10-09-2022, 11:51 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Democrats don’t care about women who aren’t democrats. Their actions prove this over and over again, much like they don’t care about minorities unless they stay on the Democrat plantation. If one leaves then they are labeled an Uncle Tom. Dems are despicable human beings.

Old 10-09-2022, 04:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
How in the hell does it make it a smear against her?

She was the victim.

In what way were they going to spin that to make her the 'disgraced' one in the story?

I know the Dems twist everything around, but you have to be one of the lowest class of people to try turn an assault on a victim into 'she was a disgraced military officer'.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:04 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
well....this is going to backfire big time

she needs to immediately come out with an add....showing how democrats will dig into your private records

Old 10-09-2022, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How in the hell does it make it a smear against her?

She was the victim.

In what way were they going to spin that to make her the 'disgraced' one in the story?

I know the Dems twist everything around, but you have to be one of the lowest class of people to try turn an assault on a victim into 'she was a disgraced military officer'.
Honestly, I was waiting for her opponent to out her as a lesbian.

In fact, I give it two weeks before someone drops that "bombshell".

Except ... no one cares.

It only shows how desperate Frank Mrvan and his campaign is.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:25 PM

Mrvan has been quiet about the Politico article ... until this morning when his campaign tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/mrvan4congress/s...Z38d8y6V3zWiOw

I don't know how much more vile this man can get. The day after JRG's military sexual assault gets outed against her will, he posts pics with Veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies