Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 10:28 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
They never have a response regarding any of that stuff. The truth is that deep down inside, a lot of open borders proponents believe that the undocumented should be able to have their cake and eat it too. "Victims" to lavish their liberal largesse to. Money just grows on trees. Scarcity isn't a thing to them. The QoL of Americans impacted by them isn't a concern to them. I actually don't blame migrants/undocumented folks for trying to come here/coming here. I do blame the government for allowing our border and entry/stay controls to be a farce. Our asylum laws need revisiting too. If they consider Mexico too unsafe to be seeking asylum there then they don't have a credible claim of seeking it at all due to safety.
Nah. The reason the OP is not getting responses to the original question is because he started the thread with an insult.

Nobody is going to say... yes I am a "Woke Democrat" and here is my answer.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:43 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
See, you kinda prove my point. No one (here) knows the optimum amount of immigrants and yet they argue and moan over them incessantly regardless of whether we truly need more or fewer of of them. It seems pointless when no one is working with relevant facts.
The OP was referring to illegal immigrants. I don't think anyone, Democrat or Republican, thinks illegal immigration is a good thing. We disagree on how strenuously to enforce the border and what the right balance is between compassion and law enforcement. Like do we give people a chance to apply for asylum or not? Do we deport people who were brought here as children through no fault of their own? These are questions that can be debated.

As for the right number of immigrants, that's a completely different question. Pre-supposing that they are all legal immigrants, there are those who would like to shut off most immigration, and those (myself included) who believe a steady influx of immigrants is crucial to keeping America great.

I think perhaps the right number would be the number that allows our population to remain near current levels, and maintains the average age of our population at or younger than currently, and allows for filling of unfilled job vacancies. We don't want a shrinking population, an aging population or a labor shortage.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:07 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Maybe re-read what I wrote. Where did I say that the anti-illegal crowd shouldn't feel better about themselves? Good luck finding it because I am pretty sure what I wrote was that using the term "open border" (when there is in fact, no open border), is a term used to make them feel better about themselves.

There is a difference. Try to understand it.

And oh my God, the wall again. We get it. Biden sucks. If the wall were up all our problems would be solved. I know, I know.

90%. I mean, no man, woman or child ever figured out how to go under, around or above a wall so I'm sure if the wall was up that 90% would definitely hold true. Let's make it 95% - that's a fact!
LOL. There is an "open border" no matter how hard you try to spin it. If the border wasn't open, all these "so-called migrants" would have been turned away at entry points.

Never mind the ones that elude the BP.

Stop floating down the River of DeNile

Old 10-11-2022, 03:10 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Well we had a record year last year for number of illegals.
And it looks like this year may top last year for yet another new record.

But...there is no crisis at the border.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It was overused to the point of extinction.

As far as the wall, the San Diego sector that's been built has brought it down to a trickle because they can't just walk across.

What we have now is a trojan horse where we let them in and then the disperse never to be seen again.
^^^^Well said!

Plus one needs to remind all the leftists as to whom it was who got that wall built. It was Bill Clinton. In fact, I voted twice for Bubba due to his stance on illegals. That was then. This is now. I didn't leave the democrats, the democrats left me.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
What is a "woke" Democrat? How do they differ from a "woke" Republican?
LOL! There are no "woke republicans". The term "woke republican" is an oxymoron. Anyone who calls themselves a "republican" but has gone "woke" is a RINO and needs to switch parties.

The majority of the republicans are not "woke". Instead, they are "awake" --- big difference1

Old 10-11-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Have you offered up your FL home to strangers who are homeless survivors of Hurricane Ian? If not, give it a rest.
What about you, Blondy? How many so-called migrants have you moved into your home?

Old 10-11-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Proof? Where have you ever seen a quote from anyone saying they want the border open?
If you and your ilk support the current status quo, then you are for open borders.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
When we reach the number of American immigrants, and replace the Natives killed.
Even the "Natives" came here from Asia. Did you think they just sprouted up from the ground?

Old 10-11-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Manifest destiny can be used by everyone. Welcome to freedom for all, not just white people.
What are you yammering about? It has been used by everyone. Not just white people.

Are you a reconquista and are pushing for that? If not, then what is your dog in this fight anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies