Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 10:11 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no evidence at all that former Presidents took documents instead of leaving them for the National Archives. And the law is that former Presidents don't get to take documents with them when they leave. The documents belong to the nation, not to the person. In some cases, the National Archives may have given copies to the former Presidents after the cataloging was complete, and that's how it's supposed to work.
Why are there suddenly so many people who have never heard of photocopying? Look it up; it's a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 10:12 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I doubt it's anything that sophisticated. Everything has to do with his ego. Having the top secret docs is ego boosting.
There is no reason to think he had any "top secret" documents.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:36 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why are there suddenly so many people who have never heard of photocopying? Look it up; it's a thing.
The photocopies belong to the nation, not the holder of the office.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:48 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Throughout this incident of the documents Trump stole and hid at Mar-a-Lago, one question has bothered me: what was he doing with these documents in the first place? Why does he want them?

Now we have a possible answer. Trump wanted to make a deal with the National Archives to obtain other documents he thought would prove the "Russia investigation" was a hoax. In exchange for those documents, Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida.

I can't believe he actually thought that this scheme would work. But it makes more sense than previous conjectures that he wanted to sell the documents to the Russians. I don't believe Trump is that hard up for money. But he would do anything to protect his fragile ego.

https://a1skeptic.org/2022/10/10/tru...nd-story-ever/
Sure got him this time.. go gett’um tiger

Old 10-14-2022, 12:31 AM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I have asked that same question for weeks on CD. Finally, we may have the correct answer.

Trump will get himself indicted before the end of the year.
It's been like 500 days since that legendary "indicted in a matter of days" thread was posted

But I'm sure they'll definitely get evil orange man this time!

Old 10-14-2022, 02:00 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Do you think there was only one copy of these documents? A document is usually sent from one person to another, so there would be two copies: sender and recipient. Would the National Archives wait until a President leaves office to obtain documents or would they be keeping them all along as they are generated? We have a Presidential photographer that takes pictures constantly, so wouldn't they do the same with something more official?
You just made the case for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.She always said the person she was communicating with had a copy.

But no. Some of the secret documents were the only copy.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:31 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Well I'm not sure about the extortion, but now it seems the may have him on obstruction with video evidence and witnesses coming forward. Apparently he ordered boxes to be moved from the basement to his personal office after the subpoena had been issued and before he had his lawyer sign a letter stating that everything had been returned. So either he's a liar, a moron or has dementia and can't remember. I'm going with liar and moron.
"it seems", with "if", maybe", etc. is all we have heard for over 5 years now., and NONE hs come to fruition.

Give it up already!

Old 10-14-2022, 08:32 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,563,757 times
Quote:
There is no reason to think he had any "top secret" documents.

AND there is more reason to think that he did!

Old 10-26-2022, 05:56 PM

1,185 posts, read 803,968 times
Not aa fan of the orange dude but the dems did a witch hunt throughout his presidency instead of working for the people. Adam Schiff orchestrated the whole " i have damning proof of Russian collusion" but never provided said "damning proofs"

Now that the dems are in power, what are they still obsessing about? TRUMP. They want to get him so he can't run. Meanwhile, I like Joe but he definitely had a form of dementia or cognitive impairment and the media is covering for him so bad; nevermind being the "big guy" in Hunter's shady deals.

The dems say they have operational control of the border yet since the orange dude left office, the border has become porous as biden cancelled the trump stay in mexico policy and agreement with Mexico They must really take people for stupid. Time to put mayorkas on the witness stand and send him to the state penn.

Disclosure: both parties suck balls.

Man can't aliens just take over already?

Old 10-26-2022, 08:40 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
No, it wouldn't.
BS. These documents belong to the government of the United States. If you take something that doesn’t belong to you, that’s called theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies