Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 08:45 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,311,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
But she didn’t say she was joining the Republican Party. Hopefully she’ll start a third party, it’s sorely needed.
Bill Clinton agrees.

Third parties will be as pure as the driven snow until they can win elections.

Then, they will be for sale just like everything else in the DC swamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
As Gabbard said, the democrats are a bunch of racist worthless warmongering tyrants.

The Republicans have been unjustly judged by weaponized and politized intelligence community, the media, etc., so I disagree with you.
"As Gabbard said, the democrats are a bunch of racist worthless warmongering tyrants."
She got that one right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9dwhWAopog

Old 10-11-2022, 09:01 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
Welcome news! I admire her stands against the current demoncrat party, this was bound to come for sure.
I can only assume you feel the same way about Kinzinger and Cheney, should since you are a fair person. I have more respect for them since they are attempting to reform the Republican Party.

Still not sure what happens when she leaves the party, sounds more like a photo op.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:12 PM

1,123 posts, read 438,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Interesting video.

I've always liked Tulsi Gabbard so this is welcome news. I could never figure out why someone like her would align with the democrat party. Well no more. She's leaving it and she lists the reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Z1x8Ou8VU&t=283s
I don't trust her. I think she is planning to split the Republican vote to insure a democrat presidential win.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:12 PM

16,059 posts, read 10,655,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't think this is realistic.

She will lose the Evangelical vote. That is like knocking off one leg of a three legged stool.
Wow, Cheney is a reliably straight line Republican, much more so than Gabbard could ever be.

I am surprised to see this comparison made. Sure, you don't like Cheney because she calls out the January 6 shenanigans the people around Trump were up to, I get that, but she was a reliable vote in Congress for all things Republican. Votes on issues matter.

In fact, there are literally thousands of Republicans serving right now at all levels of government across the country who would make better Republican candidates than Gabbard would.
I tend to agree with you. She is not a good fit as a Republican and not a Trumper. She had an odd affinity and empathy with Assad in Syria and went there secretly to meet with him during the civil war. She is unlikely to be a welcome Republican and I doubt that she has that in her sights.

Both Gabbard and Cheney have been big wheels in their respective parties for several years. Now, to see them both as free-range politicians, or close to it, is an interesting development. It gives them both a chance to speak outside the party line. I see that Cheney still claims to be a Republican, but the GOP isn't listening.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:26 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I tend to agree with you. She is not a good fit as a Republican and not a Trumper. She had an odd affinity and empathy with Assad in Syria and went there secretly to meet with him during the civil war. She is unlikely to be a welcome Republican and I doubt that she has that in her sights.

Both Gabbard and Cheney have been big wheels in their respective parties for several years. Now, to see them both as free-range politicians, or close to it, is an interesting development. It gives them both a chance to speak outside the party line. I see that Cheney still claims to be a Republican, but the GOP isn't listening.
Cheney is a republican because she has republican values. The GOP is not listening because it's the party of Trump now.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:26 PM

14,179 posts, read 4,539,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cheney is a republican because she has republican values. The GOP is not listening because it's the party of Trump now.
name some of her "republican values"

i can wait

Old 10-11-2022, 09:27 PM

2,279 posts, read 937,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No thanks.

I understand why some Republicans love Tulsi - she's been sticking her fingers in the eyeballs of the Dem party since she ran for President.

But this chick is no Republican. Not even close.

Good for her.
Both parties are insufferable.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:29 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,181,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
name some of her "republican values"

i can wait
Make enemies overseas to fund the war machine using patriotism as a tool.

On topic, go Tulsi. She is a free thinker that I generally agree with. I wish her the best.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:31 PM

14,179 posts, read 4,539,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Make enemies overseas to fund the war machine using patriotism as a tool.

On topic, go Tulsi. She is a free thinker that I generally agree with. I wish her the best.
that sounds like the democrats in 2022, the party that tulsi is departing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies