Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 09:33 AM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Trump concocts, the simple truth is: He stole them, He hid them, He lied about them.

And this is another thread which has been hijacked to disparage anyone who dares oppose Trump the tyrant.
Haha, I know that you think this whole thing is a cult of personality (just like what we saw for Barack Obama, and that was ‘cool’ and okay because Democrat), but it’s really not that; it’s just that I’m failing to whip up any sense of ‘give a damn’ about these documents, especially after Hillary Clinton faced no consequences when faced with similar accusations, and for the most part, Democrats were okay with all of it. “BUT HER EMAILS!”

And to think that the OP thinks that somehow posting what low energy Jeb — someone who isn’t well-liked by a majority of Republicans — is thinking about this topic will somehow change minds, when it won’t.

Don’t care. NEXT!

Old 10-11-2022, 09:38 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No matter how many:

*Pitiful excuses (The FBI Planted the documents; there were no documents; they are MY documents),

*Pathetic whines (everyone hates me and is out to get me; the world is making up hoaxes against me; don't they know I'm the 45th disgraced and defeated insurrectionist POTUS & the Oval Office is at Mar-a-Lago), and

*Paltry & phony whataboutisms (all presidents before me including George HW Bush did it tooooooooooooooooooo),

Trump concocts, the simple truth is: He stole them, He hid them, He lied about them.

And this is another thread which has been hijacked to disparage anyone who dares oppose Trump the tyrant.
Guilty consciences always try to find worse examples to deflect the blame, even if they have to make them up. It's what liars and thieves do best.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:48 AM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Other presidents did the same thing.....but the Dems were not afraid of them, like they are Trump. The Dems are just trying to destroy Trump.....they know he can MAGA, and that is the last thing they want.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:51 AM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Guilty consciences always try to find worse examples to deflect the blame, even if they have to make them up. It's what liars and thieves do best.
We are talking about Trump and Jeb, not Biden.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:00 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Other presidents did the same thing.....but the Dems were not afraid of them, like they are Trump. The Dems are just trying to destroy Trump.....they know he can MAGA, and that is the last thing they want.
No, other former presidents have not done this, at least not since the Nixon admin when the presidential records act was passed.

This is a factually and quantifiably different thing than any other former president has done.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:02 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Maybe we should just have a tillman7 thread so he can continue to do his TDS therapy by posting anti-Trump articles without polluting the board with repeated nonsense.

Every president has an issue with what is "theirs" and what is the "governments." Obama had the same issues. President Trump didn't try to go all gestapo and prosecute him on it.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Maybe we should just have a tillman7 thread so he can continue to do his TDS therapy by posting anti-Trump articles without polluting the board with repeated nonsense.

Every president has an issue with what is "theirs" and what is the "governments." Obama had the same issues. President Trump didn't try to go all gestapo and prosecute him on it.
You can document this I assume? Please do.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:15 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Haha, I know that you think this whole thing is a cult of personality (just like what we saw for Barack Obama, and that was ‘cool’ and okay because Democrat), but it’s really not that; it’s just that I’m failing to whip up any sense of ‘give a damn’ about these documents, especially after Hillary Clinton faced no consequences when faced with similar accusations, and for the most part, Democrats were okay with all of it. “BUT HER EMAILS!”

And to think that the OP thinks that somehow posting what low energy Jeb — someone who isn’t well-liked by a majority of Republicans — is thinking about this topic will somehow change minds, when it won’t.

Don’t care. NEXT!
The bolded. Let's get Hillary in her orange jumpsuit, first. We can add a few more creatures who lied to everyone about the Steele Dossier.

As for Jeb!: "Please clap."

Old 10-11-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The bolded. Let's get Hillary in her orange jumpsuit, first. We can add a few more creatures who lied to everyone about the Steele Dossier.

As for Jeb!: "Please clap."
Hillary Clinton was cleared of wrongdoing by the FBI. Twice.

Her use of a private email server was a grey area at the time. Probably not prudent, but not illegal or forbidden by government policy. Also, the controversy at the time had to do with email that she sent and received, and possessed on a server, while she was in office. She was definitely entitled to her professional emails.

Trump is in a different position. He is violating the Presidential Records Act. It needs to be investigated and potentially prosecuted, which is the exact same procedure Hillary Clinton went through. Just because you do not like the results of the Clinton investigation, that does not mean she was guilty, and it does not mean that the situations are analogous.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:31 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Hillary Clinton was cleared of wrongdoing by the FBI. Twice.

Her use of a private email server was a grey area at the time. Probably not prudent, but not illegal or forbidden by government policy. Also, the controversy at the time had to do with email that she sent and received, and possessed on a server, while she was in office. She was definitely entitled to her professional emails.

Trump is in a different position. He is violating the Presidential Records Act. It needs to be investigated and potentially prosecuted, which is the exact same procedure Hillary Clinton went through. Just because you do not like the results of the Clinton investigation, that does not mean she was guilty, and it does not mean that the situations are analogous.
The FBI that was as, or more, corrupt than her.

Again, when she's in an orange jumpsuit, serving out the rest of her years, only then might I start to consider caring how butthurt the deep state was about Trump being president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies