Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 01:14 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Your claim doesn't need to be documented?
It is a falsifiable claim. Show me one president who has been accused, indicted or convicted of taking presidential records. If you can do that, I am proven wrong.

Trump has been accused of it, and there is currently an investigation happening to review that accusation. Should that investigation result in an indictment, it is possible he will be convicted.

Therefore, my claim that what Trump has done is quantifiably different from every other post-Nixon president holds. We all know he has been accused of violations of the records act, the fact that this and other threads exist discussing the matter are proof of that.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:39 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
See, that is the thing with conspiracy theories. You are in the tank for Trump and the right wing, so anything that shows the left may not be evil, or the right may have problems, is automatically dismissed and the conspiracy gets larger. So although Comey as director of the FBI initially release the news, now the FBI is in on it. And the DOJ of the Trump administration, because if there was anything there, they could have pursued. Once the Trump DOJ is in on it, doesn't that also mean Trump supported their decision? Where does this stop? Is there anything that could convince you that she followed the letter of the law?

I do not have to. The initial claim by another poster was that all former presidents did this, and I was merely responding. That poster has the burden of proof.

Yet, not one has ever been indicted or charged for this. Why not? Why should we accept the previous posters assertion that all previous presidents are corrupt, despite the fact that there is exactly zero evidence for their corruption in this area?

Right The Trump DOJ headed by Bill Barr could have done this, but for some reason did not. Maybe because there was no supporting evidence?

The presidential records act covers more than the president. It covers all records of the presidency, so it covers the entire admin, including Sec of State. So, she was covered by it during her time as SoS, she was not charged because she did not violate it.
What 'conspiracy'? You mean the bs lies that Hillary spewed?

If you get your way and 'omg!!!like, I mean, Trump is going to prison', guess what? He won't have a damn thing to lose.

Do you have a clue why they were so hell bent on searching his residence? Because he has all kinds of evidence of what they have done. He declassified it. The second that numbnuts was sworn in, he made it classified again. That meant that Trump could not publish it without going to prison.

Well, throw him in prison, watch what happens.

The entire lefty world of stupidly slurping up whatever propaganda is thrown out there is going to blow up in their face.

The whole thing is going to be revealed.

That's why they went in there..and they didn't find it. Instead, they gave you all some laughable photo of pretend 'Top Secret' documents spread out on a floor. No one with a brain believes that crap for a second.

One way or the other, this will eventually blow up in the face of the Dems. I am looking forward to it.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What 'conspiracy'? You mean the bs lies that Hillary spewed?
No. I already stated it. To believe that Clinton was guilty but not prosecuted because of a corrupt FBI requires you to believe that the FBI is corrupt at all levels. And that the DOJ is corrupt at all levels. And that Trump and his cronies did not care about her not being prosecuted despite their statements. All of these people would have had to be in on it. It is a conspiracty implicit in your claims.

Quote:
If you get your way and 'omg!!!like, I mean, Trump is going to prison', guess what? He won't have a damn thing to lose.
I never said he was going to jail. I never even said he would be indicted or prosecuted. I have said that all of these are possible, but nothing beyond that.

However, if he does go to jail, he objectively does have a lot to lose. His freedom for one.

Quote:
Do you have a clue why they were so hell bent on searching his residence? Because he has all kinds of evidence of what they have done. He declassified it. The second that numbnuts was sworn in, he made it classified again. That meant that Trump could not publish it without going to prison.
Well, none of it happened that way. You can believe it if you want, but it really doesn't even matter. Trump is not being investigated for having classified documents. He is being investigated for violating the presidential records act. The fact that some of those documents are classified is incidental, and he would be just as guilty, or not, if none of them were classified.

Quote:
Well, throw him in prison, watch what happens.
Again, I did not claim that this was going to happen. It is possible, but I doubt it is likely.

Quote:
The entire lefty world of stupidly slurping up whatever propaganda is thrown out there is going to blow up in their face.

The whole thing is going to be revealed.
Ahh. I see. You are a Q-Anon junkie. That is a pathetic viewpoint, based on nothing but fear and hatred. I am sorry for you.

Quote:
That's why they went in there..and they didn't find it. Instead, they gave you all some laughable photo of pretend 'Top Secret' documents spread out on a floor. No one with a brain believes that crap for a second.
Well, the DOJ does. The Trump lawyers do. The special master does. The FBI does. Even Judge Cannon seems to. Sorry if you do not, facts must be difficult for you.

Quote:
One way or the other, this will eventually blow up in the face of the Dems. I am looking forward to it.
It might. Politics is a dirty game. This might blow up on the Democrats, but it also might blow up on the Republicans. Time will tell.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:42 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Other presidents did the same thing.....but the Dems were not afraid of them, like they are Trump. The Dems are just trying to destroy Trump.....they know he can MAGA, and that is the last thing they want.
What other presidents did the same thing.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Jeb probably has a point, but Trump was right to call out Jeb as low energy. If you watch House of Dragons, Trump is Daemon/Aemond. Jeb is that old weak king. Jeb and the rest of the GOP field in 2016 were feckless in the face of Trump. The only one who had an inspired resistance was Rubio, but he got Romneyed (that guy was evistericated for saying stuff like we should make illegals self deport) after the small hands things. Trump's masterstroke was just skipping a debate to host his own event while the rest of the field either ate each other alive or spent their time talking about a guy not even on stage. How Trump lost to a guy who could barely string two coherent sentences together in 2020 is beyond me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stolen election, yadya yadya yadya.
Right. Real life politics us just like a TV show.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:50 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Jeb probably has a point, but Trump was right to call out Jeb as low energy. If you watch House of Dragons, Trump is Daemon/Aemond. Jeb is that old weak king. Jeb and the rest of the GOP field in 2016 were feckless in the face of Trump. The only one who had an inspired resistance was Rubio, but he got Romneyed (that guy was evistericated for saying stuff like we should make illegals self deport) after the small hands things. Trump's masterstroke was just skipping a debate to host his own event while the rest of the field either ate each other alive or spent their time talking about a guy not even on stage. How Trump lost to a guy who could barely string two coherent sentences together in 2020 is beyond me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stolen election, yadya yadya yadya.
Jeb was not low energy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Jeb, however, was not impulsive and ADHD like Trump. If you interpret thinking before you act and speak as low energy, well...

Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
No. I already stated it. To believe that Clinton was guilty but not prosecuted because of a corrupt FBI requires you to believe that the FBI is corrupt at all levels. And that the DOJ is corrupt at all levels. And that Trump and his cronies did not care about her not being prosecuted despite their statements. All of these people would have had to be in on it. It is a conspiracty implicit in your claims.

I never said he was going to jail. I never even said he would be indicted or prosecuted. I have said that all of these are possible, but nothing beyond that.

However, if he does go to jail, he objectively does have a lot to lose. His freedom for one.

Well, none of it happened that way. You can believe it if you want, but it really doesn't even matter. Trump is not being investigated for having classified documents. He is being investigated for violating the presidential records act. The fact that some of those documents are classified is incidental, and he would be just as guilty, or not, if none of them were classified.

Again, I did not claim that this was going to happen. It is possible, but I doubt it is likely.

Ahh. I see. You are a Q-Anon junkie. That is a pathetic viewpoint, based on nothing but fear and hatred. I am sorry for you.

Well, the DOJ does. The Trump lawyers do. The special master does. The FBI does. Even Judge Cannon seems to. Sorry if you do not, facts must be difficult for you.

It might. Politics is a dirty game. This might blow up on the Democrats, but it also might blow up on the Republicans. Time will tell.
It takes fish brains to not see how corrupt and biased the FBI and DOJ have been over the last 5 years.

Trump is being investigated because the Democrats see it as being to their political advantage. This is basically the same type of spat Obama had. Its just that Barr has common sense and is rational, unlike the guy we fortunately avoided having on the Supreme Court.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It takes fish brains to not see how corrupt and biased the FBI and DOJ have been over the last 5 years.
Ad hominem attack aside, let's look at what you said.

If the FBI and DOJ have been corrupt and biased for the past 5 years, it means that they were not corrupt or biased before that time, which would be 2017 and before.

That means that an honest, unbiased FBI/DOJ had the entire year of 2017 to investigate and indict Hillary Clinton, yet they did not. Presumably because they had no evidence that she had committed crimes?

Then, the FBI and DOJ become corrupt in 2018, right in the middle of Trump's tenure. As he was shuffling agency directors. Therefore, they became corrupt under Trump's tenure, because he corrupted them.

So, you agree that there was no evidence against Clinton, and Trump destroyed both agencies by appointing corrupt, biased individuals to positions of power and authority.

Hmmm. I may have found an honest republican.

Quote:
Trump is being investigated because the Democrats see it as being to their political advantage. This is basically the same type of spat Obama had.
Yes, it is to their political advantage, and Trump handed that advantage to them by being a crook in a way that is unique among modern presidents. Not sure what Obama spat you are referring to.

Quote:
Its just that Barr has common sense and is rational, unlike the guy we fortunately avoided having on the Supreme Court.
But you stated earlier in your post that Barr was corrupt and biased. Your thinking seems to be internally inconsistent and contradictory. Maybe you aren't an honest republican after all, just a typical one filled with bias and fear.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:15 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Jeb was not low energy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Jeb, however, was not impulsive and ADHD like Trump. If you interpret thinking before you act and speak as low energy, well...
What the hell are you taking about. Sput, sput, sput, gibberish. FYI Aaemond is a boss is and deserves to sit on the Iron Throne on the strength of Alpha energy alone. 4v1 one and he overcame their murderous asses and got the biggest and baddest dragon out of all of it. Laws of the land have to settle for what is is, but Aaemond is a total ****ing BOSS. KEEP ROOTING FOR THOSE BASTARD, ILLEGIMTATE SONS OF A LYING *****. If you don't follow the show, keep quite.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 10-11-2022 at 09:57 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 09:56 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Also, I think it would be interesting to take a poll on this topic. I think our misguided friends have a soft spot for illegitimate bastards. Yeah, yeah, yeah, patriarchy repression yadya, yadya, yadya. I once asked a lady what difference does it make if you keep your father's last name or took mine, it's more or less perpuating the patriarchy. Yadya, Yadya, Yadya, some stupid excuse. If you are totally adamant about disbanding the patriarchy, you'd just take your mother's name as your surname. Let's go ladies, **** THE PATRIACHY!!! Your mom's name is your last! Start making it happen, keeping your surname is just perpetuating your father's, father's, etc last name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies