Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 11:29 AM

7,336 posts, read 3,812,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Guess they're not really women after all and trans men aren't really men.
As if there was any question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Two things:

a. The U.S. is preparing for war, and this cannot be good news

b. transwomen are still men lol
"A" may be true, but it has nothing to do with Selective Service. I registered the second week of the July 1980 registration and as far as I know, was never called up.

"B" is, of course, true.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:38 AM

383 posts, read 181,467 times
*Jackie Chan "WTF" face meme

Old 10-11-2022, 11:39 AM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Two things:

a. The U.S. is preparing for war, and this cannot be good news

b. transwomen are still men lol
Very true. But they insist what they think they are and the USG defends that they are what they think they are.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:42 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I found a 2021 article,

Transgender soldiers can openly serve in the Army and the force will provide hormone therapy, mental health care and surgeries they might require, according to a force-wide memo issued out last week.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-soldiers.html

This cannot be good. Why should military pay for their sex change operations?

The Pentagon has spent $15 million in the past five years to treat 1,892 transgender troops, including $11.5 million for psychotherapy and $3.1 million for surgeries, according to Defense Department data provided to Military.com

They must be thinking money grows on trees Gee.

Just treat the military service members right, many would like to serve. My brother served, my fiance served, I lost my first true love in Middle east, I had at least 5 childhood friends joined Marines. They all loved the military. Totally unnecessary to spend all these money for sex change operations. Jesus!

Old 10-11-2022, 11:45 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Easiest way to get everyone to want to join selective service? Do a Heinlein-lite and make the voluntary registration of selective service a prereq to vote. Unless you are over 35. Then you get to vote regardless.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:49 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I wonder where the Millions of Illegal Aliens that Biden has opened the door for fall into this? They willingly came here to take from America so why not require them to sign up for the draft?

IF what the Democrats say is true when they Defend the Illegals that they are here to do the jobs Americans don't want to do that has to include being sent to some far off land (Martha's Vineyard doesn't count) to fight in a war that has no end and is based on a shaky reason to begin with. Why should only the strong and brave men and women of America go to Fight when we have Millions of able bodied "New Americans" to help out?

As for the Transgendered, they want their Rights and we are falling all over ourselves to give them what they desire so signing up for the draft is a small price for them to pay.

I do wonder IF they allowed Trans people to sit out a War how many draft aged men would suddenly start dressing up like Klinger on MASH?

Old 10-11-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Easiest way to get everyone to want to join selective service? Do a Heinlein-lite and make the voluntary registration of selective service a prereq to vote. Unless you are over 35. Then you get to vote regardless.
Wut? You don't join Selective Service. And the name is a misnomer. Every man is legally required to register within 30 days of turning 18.

Quote:
Under current law, all male U.S. citizens between 18 and 25 (inclusive) years of age are required to register within 30 days of their 18th birthdays. In addition, certain categories of non-US citizen men between 18 and 25 living in the United States must register, particularly permanent residents, refugees, asylum seekers, and illegal immigrants.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select..._must_register

As an aside, I wonder how many of Biden's asylum seekers and illegal immigrants registered?

Old 10-11-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder where the Millions of Illegal Aliens that Biden has opened the door for fall into this? They willingly came here to take from America so why not require them to sign up for the draft?
Illegal aliens and asylum seekers are required by law to register with Selective Service if they are between age 18 and 25.

I wonder how many actually do? I'm guessing zero.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:55 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Wut? You don't join Selective Service. And the name is a misnomer. Every man is legally required to register within 30 days of turning 18.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select..._must_register

As an aside, I wonder how many of Biden's asylum seekers and illegal immigrants registered?
My post indicated that the system needs to be changed and that everyone should have somewhat equal skin in the game to enjoy equal voting rights. I'm sorry if you weren't able to deduce that with the limited amount of explanation I offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies