Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 03:32 PM

7,333 posts, read 3,812,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Pay attention to key words, Matt. Again, apologies for not explaining it thoroughly enough. Upon request, I will explain it more thoroughly to you.
Yes, yes, "Heinlein-lite" as in Starship Troopers, I got that from your initial post.

What YOU don't seem to get is it doesn't make any difference since registration is THE LAW.

I will refrain from being an insufferable tw** and I won't presume that it needs to be explained to YOU again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 04:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Guess they're not really women after all and trans men aren't really men.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transgender women must still register for the military draft, according to the U.S. Selective Service.

"US citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register," the Selective Service states on its official website.

Individuals who were born female, but identify as male do not need to register for the military draft, per the government.

The policy is not new, but gained attention after the Selective Service tweeted at parents on Friday, reminding them that their sons must register.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/transgend...trans-men-pass
Soy Boys dressing like woman

Old 10-11-2022, 04:30 PM

7,927 posts, read 3,469,281 times
I don't see how anyone who can be forced to sign up for selected services can also be allowed to play on a female sports team.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:36 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,818,241 times
#Everyoneknows what a woman is . and is NOT.
And Transwomen are MEN... when we need them.
And the military still needs them.
Reality bats last!

Old 10-12-2022, 07:04 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
True, only if enough people volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces. Since nobody is volunteering anymore than the government/military must go to plan B, which is to select individuals to serve in the Armed Forces.

My only gripe with this is that Selective Service registration should include every single American, regardless of their sex or a lack of one, which would be used to get out of their responsibilities to the country. Since they changed the policies about women serving in the Infantry and on tanks, than all women should be subject to a draft.

Women are always screaming how equal they are to men, so if that’s true than why should they get special treatment? Wouldn’t that be sexist, if women are excluded from being called up for military service?

And, yes, I did serve, 13.5 years on Active Duty and over 17 years in the Reserve.
So, I wonder why the powers that be have not added women to the registration requirement.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:09 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Yes, yes, "Heinlein-lite" as in Starship Troopers, I got that from your initial post.

What YOU don't seem to get is it doesn't make any difference since registration is THE LAW.

I will refrain from being an insufferable tw** and I won't presume that it needs to be explained to YOU again.
You still missed the mark, Matt. Totally, totally, my fault. Like I said, I'll spell it out to you upon request.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:03 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
"A" may be true, but it has nothing to do with Selective Service. I registered the second week of the July 1980 registration and as far as I know, was never called up.

"B" is, of course, true.
Same here. But then after serving in the Army with my Honorable Discharge papers and DD214 I was turned away from an interview for a job because I forgot to bring a draft registration card. At the time it was my biggest cost from the do something law passed after the Soviets invaded Afghanistan meanwhile my big brother lost his shot at competing in the Olympics

Old 10-12-2022, 08:07 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
what a c.f. !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies