Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Well, congratulants. You're the first person who had the "balls" to ask links to for previous posts. Big balls, Lillyflower. Sort of what the the Iraqi Information said, EXCEPT AN ANSWER IN 8 HOURS!!!.
I don't know whatever your point is, quite frankly, I don't even know what we are arguing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 08:54 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDuskMoya View Post

I’m not military and I am not advocating to send Americans to war.
I think this is the entire point.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:13 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Because their Covid power trip is over and they need something to fill the rush.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:24 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
And if Biden did nothing and let Russia Annex all of Ukraine the right would Call him weak for not defending our allies. Its a no-win situation.

It's easy to be an armchair general on C-D.
did we make some kind of treaty pact with ukraine? if so, can i see it?

Old 10-11-2022, 09:55 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times
Quote:
Once again, Pro-Russia proponents / Ukraine skeptics framing the argument incorrectly (Unless you are so deranged that you view this totally through partisan lenses). Why is Russia so eager to invade Ukraine? Why is NATO so threatening to Russia?
Because it has violated all agreements and has steadily advanced towards Russia, even planning to install hostile military bases on Russia's borders. People still don't get it ?

Old 10-11-2022, 10:13 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
We've been training them and helping them to prepare themselves for years now. The Ukrainians have also done a good jog at expunging themselves of all the corruption that made it impossible to militarily resist the events of 2014. Ukraine of 2014 is basically Russia of today. 6000 tanks ready to go in reserve... LOL... If you want to align yourself against a country who recognizes where the good stuff is at (the West for all those Pro-Russian/Anti-Ukraine sceptics), that's totally your prerogative. Don't except the adults in room to go along with you. Russia greatness, yadya yadya yadya. So, Seinfeld says. I'll pick a country who wants to do right for it's citizens and is fighting for it's freedom, ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Keep playing those mental gymnastics Russia lovers

I fail to see how my post made me a "Russia lover".

The USA has always maintained a strategy of doing everything possible to avoid a nuclear conflict with Russia because everyone knows the end result would be extremely undesirable for everyone involved. That doesn't make America a "Russia lover". Your post just sounds extremely immature and childish.

While Russia clearly is in the wrong, it has little to do with the US except for the fact that we have involved ourselves in that region, and also "10% for the Big Guy" Biden and his son were neck deep in the corruption over there. As I mentioned before, there are 195 countries in the world. We are not the world's reserve army waiting to spring into action every time a bully acts up. It would be the end of the USA as a country if we tried, and we would end up being an empire and blamed for all the world's problems.

The USA has always done well by handling Russia intelligently, and picking and choosing points of conflict. We decided supplying Ukraine with weapons and money was the way to help Ukraine this time, but going beyond that is most certainly a step closer to nuclear war. Not going beyond that means this conflict will be long and drawn out with many civilian deaths, as we have already seen.

What some on the left are trying to do is say that all this killing in Ukraine is partly USA Republican's fault because we aren't doing enough to stop it. These types of positions are insane and are not grounded in logic. They are just mindless partisan jabs that would end up with hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions dead, if we actually acted out on these foolish ideas. Wanting to avoid nuclear war should be the goal of every sane, rational human being on the planet.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:04 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj67 View Post
Most republicans would have strongly opposed Russia's invasion of the Ukraine pre-Trump, but since Trump has made it clear he wants warmer relations with Russia, antagonizing Russia has become a personal insult to Trump Republicans.
Trump prevented this war for four years. What do you think Russiagate was about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWHviwLMy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjGPEX9Omw

Old 10-12-2022, 04:58 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
They are pounding war drums, and antagonizing Russia. Ill tell you what I did not vote for Biden, who's weakness and actions was a catalyst to this mess.
It not just the Democrats, but republicans. George Bush did surely bring the tension between Russia and the USA with his endorsement for Ukraine to join NATO back when he was president.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:27 AM

7,913 posts, read 3,458,721 times
The establishment in both parties want war with anyone. They want it with Russia more than anyone else because of oil and Russian nationalism. The populist wings of both parties do not want war. The democrats have crushed the populist wing of their party while the GOP's populists have gained strength so there is an appearance that the democrats are more pro-war. Those who vote dem but may not be too enthusiastic about war vote for dems anyway because Orange Man Bad. The establishment GOP types side with the dems over Orange Man because they care more about perpetual war than they do about taxes, borders, etc. This also allows some dems to think their party is more moderate than it is. The "moderate"(pro-war) republicans are siding with them so they're bipartisan!

Old 10-12-2022, 05:55 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yeah link posts please.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post64251952

Number 6530

Quote:
Some of you guys make me chuckle. Does Russia even want to negotiate in good faith? Russia's goalposts are always moving. Ukraine's has as well but they are being more transparent about their goals. Ukraine has the initiative right now. Outcomes on the battlefield will ultimately decide what any peace agreement looks like. It will probably happen when both sides are exhausted. Any hint of the West waffling in support of Ukraine if Putin used tactical nukes in Ukraine would only encourage him to actually use them.
Like any conflict. Force of arms will decide outcomes. $40ishB in military aid is a drop in the bucket. I'm going to take my Captain Obvious hat off now and go on my morning jog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies