Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 03:20 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times

Advertisements

I can't say that the judgment was fair, but I can say that Alex Jones is bat**** crazy and that personally I'm very tired of conspiracy theories. The dude was effectively monetizing the pain of grieving parents. Absolute scum. Screw that clown.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Texas has damages caps. $1 trillion is for show and a judge trying to make news, your crazy to think they will collect on a fraction of that.
So? He was tried and convicted in Connecticut, not Texas. Never heard of a state penalizing a convicted person according to another state's laws.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Now to hold those who fell in line behind him to terrorize those poor families accountable...

Old 10-12-2022, 03:36 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So? He was tried and convicted in Connecticut, not Texas. Never heard of a state penalizing a convicted person according to another state's laws.
And this is when appeals come in, one court at a time. It will eventually hit a federal court and it will all be squashed.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:48 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
Who are these jurors and decide who gets the most money but anyways this is the breakdown. I am not sure why some get more than others. But seriously this is about greed now and not even justice. They should just put the guy in jail but 960 million to split for 8 people just because he is a liar. Is ridiculous!!! Now everyone will be suing people for theories if that's the case then scientist will be on top to get sued on.

"The jury ordered Jones to pay $120 million plaintiff Robbie Parker, father of 6-year-old Emilie Parker, $55 million to David Wheeler and $54 million to Francine Wheeler, parents of 6-year-old Benjamin Wheeler, $57.6 million to Mark Barden & $28.8 million to Jackie Barden, parents of 7-year-old Daniel Barden and $73.6 million to Nicole Hockley and $81.6 million to Ian Hockley, parents of 6-year-old Dylan Hockley"

https://www.thewrap.com/alex-jones-p...-hook-victims/

Alex Jones stated he doesn't have the money and he will not pay for it. So I am not sure how they will get the money out of him. If I am alex jones I'll just burn all of my money right now. lol

BRB I am suing the weather man 1 billion for the wrong weather and i am all stressed about it. lol
Do you even know what Jones did? I suspect not or you would be posting a different opinion.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:51 PM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I sense a visit to Chapter 11 lies in his future.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Might depend on what Jones owns and where it's located.

When the Goldmans won their case against OJ in California, OJ was living in a house he owned in Florida. That house was out of the reach of that judgement. OJ was living off of his NFL pension, and pensions...or at least that type......= protected from that judgement.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:00 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
I'm sure this will be appealed. 1 billion is excessive. BigPharma hardly pays this when they poison us with drugs. All Jones did was spread conspiracy theories and possibly harassed them. Something on the other of 1 million per family is the maximum that should be allocated.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:12 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
IHe made up story that is not true.

First of all no one deserve that amount of money. Especially in this situation where someone is just talking crap out of nothing. Everyday we hear people talks crap and even lie. Does this mean I can sue the weather guy for 1 billion dollars for the wrong weather? lol

How about pharmaceutical creating medication that states it will cure you but it doesn't? Why are they not getting sued?

If they are really in for justice , they should put alex jones on jail or he should be fired from his career.

The only situation when money should be involved is when someone fraud them or got illness bec of a product.

I feel sorry for the 8 victims but if they want money they should go for the guy who killed their kids. This is not justice but greediness.
It really sounds like you don't know what he did. It's a civil suit. The monetary award is for damages. These parents endured 10 years of being publicly called liars, harassment, even receiving death threats, all all of which was done by Alex Jones for profit. They suffered greatly, while Alex Jones made millions from their pain. Taking away every dime that monster made from his lies and giving it to those he hurt is justice. He needs to lose everything.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:14 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I'm sure this will be appealed. 1 billion is excessive. BigPharma hardly pays this when they poison us with drugs. All Jones did was spread conspiracy theories and possibly harassed them. Something on the other of 1 million per family is the maximum that should be allocated.
No way. He got rich off of hurting these people. He should not be allowed to keep one cent of the money he made by hurting people and spreading lies. He needs to lose it all. Everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies