Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Status: "Hey Guys: "Remember they started it"" (set 1 day ago)

938 posts, read 1,230,855 times

Advertisements

Trump is subject to indictment on various issues being considered. I admired NY DA attempt but seriously questioned her premise from first hearing it. In Real Estate the impression of a persons real estate value varies from shack to castle in the minds from appraiser to owner. In most cases never have I either made or considered approval of a loan without an appraisal. If I were to be prosecuted because I over defined the value of my property I believe our jailed would out number the free citizens. In short banks responsibility to certify value. Issue of reducing value of property For tax purposes clearly not a position researched properly. Assuming all his other properties are investments the higher the value of the property when placed in service the greater the tax write off which is attributed to depreciation expense. I didnt see Attorneys point on this fact either. What really is annoying!! These premises were so basic why did they even be brought up. I think a criminal like Trump does not deserve another feather in his war bonnett. Let Garland a seasoned pro handle this matter or if you have a case make it well defined not a matter of wrongly justified perception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 10:53 AM

Collusion prosecution is a terrible thing to waste. I wonder how Goldman Sachs might be doing right now. Dont know much about tracking their success. Anybody out there know. Well it's been said "it's not who you know..." Guess I'm grumpy today.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:53 PM

2,915 posts, read 1,364,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Trump is subject to indictment on various issues being considered. I admired NY DA attempt but seriously questioned her premise from first hearing it. In Real Estate the impression of a persons real estate value varies from shack to castle in the minds from appraiser to owner. In most cases never have I either made or considered approval of a loan without an appraisal. If I were to be prosecuted because I over defined the value of my property I believe our jailed would out number the free citizens.
Trump uses two very different values for the same piece of property—an oven-inflated one for the banks when he needed a loan and a different, low one for when tax time came around.

Quote:
Between 2011 and 2015, the Trump Organization presented several properties as being worth millions of dollars—in one case over $500 million—more to potential lenders than to tax officials.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...p_Organization

Is at something you would do? I hope not. Trump's not being prosecuted for overvaluing his property.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Trump is subject to indictment on various issues being considered. I admired NY DA attempt but seriously questioned her premise from first hearing it. In Real Estate the impression of a persons real estate value varies from shack to castle in the minds from appraiser to owner. In most cases never have I either made or considered approval of a loan without an appraisal. If I were to be prosecuted because I over defined the value of my property I believe our jailed would out number the free citizens. In short banks responsibility to certify value. Issue of reducing value of property For tax purposes clearly not a position researched properly. Assuming all his other properties are investments the higher the value of the property when placed in service the greater the tax write off which is attributed to depreciation expense. I didnt see Attorneys point on this fact either. What really is annoying!! These premises were so basic why did they even be brought up. I think a criminal like Trump does not deserve another feather in his war bonnett. Let Garland a seasoned pro handle this matter or if you have a case make it well defined not a matter of wrongly justified perception.
Stating one value to banks for loans, one to state taxing agency and one to Federal is just fraud.
Period.
And theft. Period.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:43 PM

Default Fraud Yes Not Exactly as you perceive

You ever have a friend you know at the bank. You didn't ask him for a favor. You wouldn't think of it. He however thinks you are "Honest Abe" and your need is presented to the powers to be in the most positive way. Low and behold you get what you want. A perception was cast to the powers to be. They respect you and your decision making and the benefactor is your friend who didn't ask you to do anything. You just did it because you felt it was warranted and probably your sly friend knew you would do it. This is called a relationship. Relationship can influence decision outcomes. It can also be considered collusion if you and your friend benefit from the goings on.

As far as reporting your property value improperly to taxing authorities. I'd like to believe my tax assessor would positively impact my taxation on property based on my perception of its value but fact is he wouldn't. Assessments actually have a formula. Yep a formula. As far as me stating my opinion of value on property I own well please tell me where you bank I'd like to know. I want to refinance my house and I would love to have a bank that would take my say so on my property value. Do you really believe that a bank will lend on my opinion of value. (Thus Paragraph 1) Maybe because I have an honest face. Don't think so. They have out in the marketplace this guy called an Appraiser.

Income Tax purposes I had an opinion on this. When you have a property as an investment I think Mr. Trump would most likely over value his property not under value. There is a this thing called depreciation. Its the value of your property divided by the number of years permitted to be written off over. Take a $150000. house(Investment) that can be written off over 15 yrs. This is $10,000 per year. This is a paper write off in most cases because unless it deteriorates over a year its monies in your pocket. If it does deteriorate and you do an alteration or repair that expense now can also be depreciated or be a write off.

I believe what has to be proved is that Collusion was at hand. Banker possibly didn't care what the value of the property. His client is just a fine upstanding citizen and an excellent businessman (Barf)might even become President some day and has cute smart kids and an interesting TV Show -- And so he sold your request for monies because he likes you (Until he stabs you in the back). Now that's illegal and unlawful. Who goes to Jail the banker or the borrower???

Trump as an influence is unparalleled. He is a one of a kind. He smiles when he kicks you in the teeth but he does get things accomplished or "Your fired". I look at him as I would a clever thief. You just think if only that thief would use that cleverness for the greater good. No denying Trump has made an impact. Its just seems he is having fun getting over on people and that is just plain wrong in every way you cut it.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 10-12-2022 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies