Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 06:39 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Way to go. At least someone isn't bloodthirsty and out for revenge.

The only reason to take the life of another is when defending a life or property. The death penalty has no place in a civilized society.
I really don't get that logic. It's ok to kill a person who threatens you but not ok for society to kill him after he kills you?

Maybe I misunderstood you.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:49 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,739,513 times
I'd like to see how many millions (in dollars) were spent on these trials, keeping little Nicky safe in the jails, his food and medical care, and the future expenses to support him.

In the meantime good people can't afford their own medicine or pay for their food and utilities. Bridges crumble. Hurricane victims live in tents.

What a stupid country we became.

For anyone here who thinks that human life is sacred and shouldn't be taken: Nicholas Cruze is not human. The man is an aberration on nature, like rabies, tornadoes, or the bubonic plaque. Put him down.

Last edited by mgforshort; 10-13-2022 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-13-2022, 07:15 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
So most of y'all want to let it take the easy way out? It deserves to be bolted into a 6'x1'x2' concrete box and forcibly kept alive. No quick end.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:56 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
I’m not happy about this, but also not surprised. Broward County is one of the largest and most liberal counties in America, situated in the center of deep blue Miami metropolitan area.

Feel sorry for all of these families.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:01 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...q54-story.html

Absolutely sickening. If this isn't a case where the death penalty is warranted, I don't know what is.

One lesson learned: If you are a sociopathic mass murderer, make sure you commit your mass killing spree in a deep blue jurisdiction like Broward County. Your chances of getting a left wing ideologue on the jury who won't impose the death penalty under any circumstances goes way up.

As for the "merciful" jurors, who were anything but merciful to the victims' families, I wish them the worst. They have given their stamp of approval to what this serial killer did, even though I'm sure they don't see it that way. The holdouts obviously lied during voir dire when they said they could impose the death sentence if warranted.

The State of Florida should have tried to remove the case to a sane, red jurisdiction. Now Florida residents get to pay for the killers' housing for the next 70 years. Hopefully the killer gets prison justice every day in the shower for the rest of his miserable life.
"in a deep blue jurisdiction'

I wish you would show the SAME passion ever time there is a killing in "deep red" jurisdictions, then after they do not get the sentence you wish for here!

Old 10-14-2022, 06:32 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
The convict pled guilty once charged. There was a brief meeting with the courts to render his plea.
The $$$ that was saved by not having to hire experts or drag out into a media freezy was also saved.
This was a court hearing with jury to decide if the ' sentencing' phase was to be death or life in prison. That and only that was the responsibly of the jury.
Florida itself has some messed up laws so too with some of its inhabitants.
I have zero disrespect for the duty placed upon these folks. They ultimately have to decide and recommend to the court. That is not as easy when you consider the deep rooted values some have in a life in your hands. I'm not Archaic in the eye for an eye type justice.
There is no peace in this decision. There is justice. The jury followed the totality of all sides.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:42 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Child killers don't do well in prison. He's been held in jail so far, right? When he gets to prison, he'll have to be kept in protection 24/7 because all the inmates will want to murder him.

I know these were high school kids, not technically children, but the inmates may have a different view of that.
You say that but how on earth do you know that? We have pedophiles in our classrooms now.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:12 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
He's not a pedo the another inmates wont give a crap what he did! what he's going to learn howsegregated the prison is white inmates must automatically sit with white inmates he may enjoy that don't mean he join the peckerwoods i don't think they let him join someone there will "teach him the ropes"!

Old 10-14-2022, 08:16 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Way to go. At least someone isn't bloodthirsty and out for revenge.

The only reason to take the life of another is when defending a life or property. The death penalty has no place in a civilized society.
I guarantee you'd be saying something extremely different if that was your child killed.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I really don't get that logic. It's ok to kill a person who threatens you but not ok for society to kill him after he kills you?

Maybe I misunderstood you.
Because the society killing is a revenge kill. No ones life is being threatened so there is no need for force. Once the murderer has been captured, the threat has been neutralized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies