Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 08:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I guarantee you'd be saying something extremely different if that was your child killed.
I guarantee you that you make extremely dishonest statements about others because you just did. That's what happens when one cannot defend their position. They make things up about others.

It's not about anything else except the rights of the individual.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"in a deep blue jurisdiction'

I wish you would show the SAME passion ever time there is a killing in "deep red" jurisdictions, then after they do not get the sentence you wish for here!
You can't kill them at birth. You have to wait until they get older. See how that works? Yea I don't either.
Without the right to life, the other rights don't matter.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:36 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I guarantee you that you make extremely dishonest statements about others because you just did. That's what happens when one cannot defend their position. They make things up about others.

It's not about anything else except the rights of the individual.
You are everything that's wrong with this country. You coddle murderers.

What about the rights of those kids sitting in class who got slaughtered? Where are their rights?

Why should I have to pay for some POS for the rest of his life in prison??

Old 10-14-2022, 10:10 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...q54-story.html

Absolutely sickening. If this isn't a case where the death penalty is warranted, I don't know what is.

One lesson learned: If you are a sociopathic mass murderer, make sure you commit your mass killing spree in a deep blue jurisdiction like Broward County. Your chances of getting a left wing ideologue on the jury who won't impose the death penalty under any circumstances goes way up.

As for the "merciful" jurors, who were anything but merciful to the victims' families, I wish them the worst. They have given their stamp of approval to what this serial killer did, even though I'm sure they don't see it that way. The holdouts obviously lied during voir dire when they said they could impose the death sentence if warranted.

The State of Florida should have tried to remove the case to a sane, red jurisdiction. Now Florida residents get to pay for the killers' housing for the next 70 years. Hopefully the killer gets prison justice every day in the shower for the rest of his miserable life.

Well, unless you actually have sat in their position, I believe you have no horse in that race to judge the actions of the jury.

After all, in a manner of speaking, who is the guilty one here, the shooter or the system that allowed him to continue to be free despite the warning signs. On that line of thought, I can see justification for not putting him to death because alive, he is a constant reminder, if not a risk, to what one side was pushing.....if one believes that line of thought, that is.

After all, what's the best assassination? The guy who offs one's foe but is then dead so he can't be interrogated.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:20 AM

7,334 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You say that but how on earth do you know that? We have pedophiles in our classrooms now.
They are often segregated from the prison general population for a reason.

This guy reportedly did 10 years in a California prison.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnjqn5Ya33g

Old 10-14-2022, 10:41 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I'd be fine with it if there was no possibility of parole. According to Belling, Wisconsin eliminated parole quite a long time ago, but the current democrat governor has been releasing lots of vile criminals back onto the streets that went to prison back when they still had parole so they are grandfathered in.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/202...public-safety/

It's part of the reason he's lost momentum in the governor's race. Despite media censorship, this has come out.

My point? This individual should never leave the inside of a prison cell. Under democrat leadership, you never know however.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:43 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I agree, in that there is NO case that warrants the death penalty. Allowing the state to murder this young man will not bring back a single one of his victims. Not a one.
Quote:
It's not an opinion. It's about property rights and the right to life.

How dare those civil rights marchers be against Jim Crow. After all it's a law.

When a law is unjust, you break it. Or you can choose to bow down to tyrants.
Saying that the state should not have capital punishment IS an opinion, not an objective fact. Saying that the law is unjust is also an opinion. Your choices are to (1) submit to it anyway, (2) go through the legal process of having it changed, or (3) break it and face the consequences. What you don't get to do is negate what society (as codified in the laws of the State of Florida) has deemed appropriate, whether you happen to agree with it or not.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:50 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Because the society killing is a revenge kill. No ones life is being threatened so there is no need for force. Once the murderer has been captured, the threat has been neutralized.
False. Capital punishment is not revenge, it is a form of justice. It is society saying that those who commit the most horrible of crimes have forfeited their right to exist within that society, even behind its bars. "You must purge the evil from among you," as the Bible puts it. And, on a more practical level, the threat has not been neutralized. A man who has proven himself willing to kill 17 defenseless teenagers may be assumed to also be willing to kill another inmate or a correctional officer. The threat remains until the perpetrator has been neutralized.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:03 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I saw him and his lawyer smiling and smirking at the verdict.

He won't be smiling in prison. If he doesn't get shanked, being alone 23-hours-a-day will change his tune.
Life in prison for him will be worse than death. I'd like to see him executed, but living out his life in that kind of hell might be just as good. Maybe?

Old 10-14-2022, 03:48 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Saying that the state should not have capital punishment IS an opinion, not an objective fact. Saying that the law is unjust is also an opinion. Your choices are to (1) submit to it anyway, (2) go through the legal process of having it changed, or (3) break it and face the consequences. What you don't get to do is negate what society (as codified in the laws of the State of Florida) has deemed appropriate, whether you happen to agree with it or not.
This verdict, in fact, follows the state laws in Florida, "whether you happen to agree with it or not"...

Try harder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies