Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 05:55 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

He/she has proven there a LOT of thing regarding guns that he/she has never heard of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
And law abiding citizens are the only individuals who would follow the ban law, enabling those who don't follow the law to continue their lawlessness.
"enabling those who don't follow the law to continue their lawlessness."

Many of our dem friend IGNORE where MOST of the gun killings come from.

Hint, they are NOT using LEGALLY bought guns.

It has been proven, those locations with the STRICTEST gun laws ALSO have the HIGHEST numbers of gun crime rates.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Criminals cannot steal (and use) weapons obtained in home burglaries that are not there due to being banned.
And people CANNOT defend themselves with a gun if they legally CANNOT get one!

I am always amazed how so many of our anti gun friends NEVER talk about the victims or those that uses a gun to protect themselves and families with guns.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:01 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And people CANNOT defend themselves with a gun if they legally CANNOT get one!
That's why some gun lock laws make no sense. You can't remove a lock in an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am always amazed how so many of our anti gun friends NEVER talk about the victims or those that uses a gun to protect themselves and families with guns.
More people shoot friend or relatives (or the upstairs tenant) than defend themselves from lawbreakers with guns. The gun lobby oversells the home protection issue.

In NC this week, an upstairs tenant was killed by a gun fired in a downstairs domestic dispute. In Chicago two years ago, a cop shot an on-looker in the head who was peeping out a door to see the hubbub and the bullet missed the intended target. I have a friend in VA who found a round in her clothes hamper after the person in the next townhouse was cleaning his pistol!

In the McDonald case SCOTUS never seemed to consider that he could have bought a coach gun instead of a pistol and such gun would not kill someone across the street.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:10 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
That's why some gun lock laws make no sense. You can't remove a lock in an emergency.

More people shoot friend or relatives (or the upstairs tenant) than defend themselves from lawbreakers with guns. The gun lobby oversells the home protection issue.

In NC this week, an upstairs tenant was killed by a gun fired in a downstairs domestic dispute. In Chicago two years ago, a cop shot an on-looker in the head who was peeping out a door to see the hubbub and the bullet missed the intended target. I have a friend in VA who found a round in her clothes hamper after the person in the next townhouse was cleaning his pistol!

In the McDonald case SCOTUS never seemed to consider that he could have bought a coach gun instead of a pistol and such gun would not kill someone across the street.
If it saves just one life....

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, there were around 480,000 criminal uses of guns in 2019. Although this number might seem significant when viewed in isolation, existing research has consistently shown that the number of annual defensive gun uses vastly exceeds criminal uses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-than-crimes/

Old 10-21-2022, 01:01 PM

17,348 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:

Guns are great deterrents. If you were a criminal would you rather break into a house in a gun free zone or would you rather break into a house where a homeowner could shoot you?

Would you rather loot in an area that is soft on crime and big on gun control or would you rather loot in an area where the shop owners all have guns and know how to use them?

Would you rather be a sitting duck at the mercy of a psychopath or would you prefer to have the ability to defend yourself?

Old 10-21-2022, 03:55 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Guns are great deterrents. If you were a criminal would you rather break into a house in a gun free zone or would you rather break into a house where a homeowner could shoot you?

Would you rather loot in an area that is soft on crime and big on gun control or would you rather loot in an area where the shop owners all have guns and know how to use them?
Would a criminal be able to determine all this in advance? I doubt it. I can think of one house in my area where I'm sure there are no guns and it is known to be such. It has never been burglarized -- nuns live there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Would you rather be a sitting duck at the mercy of a psychopath or would you prefer to have the ability to defend yourself?
The fallacy here is that guns are the be all and end all of self-defense. Sometimes dogs can work wonders -- they are a great deterrent to keep folks out of your house.

As a hunter I can imagine just what it means to shoot a human being inside your home. You want to avoid that.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:05 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Would a criminal be able to determine all this in advance? I doubt it.
You don't think burglars will case a house or have knowledge about who or what's inside at times? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote:
I can think of one house in my area where I'm sure there are no guns and it is known to be such. It has never been burglarized -- nuns live there!
lol That you think one data point is meaningful explains a lot.

Quote:
The fallacy here is that guns are the be all and end all of self-defense. Sometimes dogs can work wonders -- they are a great deterrent to keep folks out of your house.
No, that's something that you made up.

Quote:
As a hunter I can imagine just what it means to shoot a human being inside your home. You want to avoid that.
It's about defending life and property and not about fewlings.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:27 PM

17,348 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Would a criminal be able to determine all this in advance? I doubt it. I can think of one house in my area where I'm sure there are no guns and it is known to be such. It has never been burglarized -- nuns live there!

The beauty of the 2nd amendment honoring states is that the criminals have no clue which house has the gun toting homeowner and which house does not.

I am a dog person big time. My dogs would be considered banned breeds in some areas. But they are awesome, well socialized dogs who would never harm a flea unless they/their family were threatened. I had a sweet Golden who ferociously growled and chased off a dude who "mistook" my house for a friend's house. Shocked the heck out of me but her canine instincts and love for her family kicked in.

Dogs are awesome.

Old 10-22-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:

"That's why some gun lock laws make no sense. You can't remove a lock in an emergency."
Especially late at night and you are awaken by hearing a bad guy breaking in.

"More people shoot friend or relatives (or the upstairs tenant) than defend themselves from lawbreakers with guns."

Can you back this claim up?

"The CDC lists accidental shooting deaths at somewhere around 400 a year, total. True accidental shootings that do not end in death (i.e. no suspicion of criminal activity) are so rare they do not make the cutoff for statistical significance in the CDC’s varied injury reports"

https://www.quora.com/How-many-peopl...y-year?share=1

"More than 30 percent of American gun owners say they have used a gun in self-defense."

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/08/arm...ds-and-family/

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-22-2022 at 06:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies