Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:54 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Schools shouldn't be doing this at all..

Remember when schools just taught reading, writing and arithmetic?

Answer us this:

Do you think China and Russia are teaching their kids this woke social crap instead of actually EDUCATING them to become scientists, engineers, doctors, etc?

The rest of the world is laughing at us while Democrats cheer on our kids indoctrination into woke social stupidity.
HA! Sorry, the schools long ago gave that up. The majority of your schools cater to the athletics side of the curriculum because that is what brings in the grants and federal money now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 09:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Money is also tied to whether public schools implement transgender policies.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/27...rls-bathrooms/

Twenty-two states are suing the U.S. Department of Agriculture over its decision to interpret “sex” in Title IX to include “sexual orientation and gender identity.” As The Federalist previously reported, this interpretation would mean that schools could lose federal funds for lunch programs unless they allow boys in girls’ bathrooms.

Notice none of the above has anything to do with actual education.

Because the focus has been removed. No one cares if kids are educated.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:25 AM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The argument presented over several posts is that the parent needs to ensure that the child practices reading along with ensuring their homework is done, they are with the child 18 hours a day not the teacher. But the poster lays it squarely on the teacher everything is their fault and I disagree with that.
I think this is reasonable.

Nothing should ever be placed squarely on any teacher. It is a team effort. If as a parent you see your kid not keeping up, you need to step up for them. And think about a different school.

Do bad teachers exist? sure do. School systems are getting mentally abused by government going this way and that, paralyzing them and coercing them into these dumb policies. Losing focus. Which trickles down into letting these whack teachers stay instead of firing them, and firing or losing the good ones.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I think this is reasonable.

Nothing should ever be placed squarely on any teacher. It is a team effort. If as a parent you see your kid not keeping up, you need to step up for them. And think about a different school.

Do bad teachers exist? sure do. School systems are getting mentally abused by government going this way and that, paralyzing them and coercing them into these dumb policies. Losing focus. Which trickles down into letting these whack teachers stay instead of firing them, and firing or losing the good ones.
Whose fault is it if after 13 years of "education" a person cannot read or do math at a basic functioning level?

The parents?

If so, then WTH is the purpose of public schools since teachers have no responsibility for the education of students?

It's a reasonable question, and one that posters are ignoring. Because if it is the parents fault, we don't need to spend any money on public schools. Shut them down.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:17 PM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Whose fault is it if after 13 years of "education" a person cannot read or do math at a basic functioning level?

The parents?

If so, then WTH is the purpose of public schools since teachers have no responsibility for the education of students?

It's a reasonable question, and one that posters are ignoring. Because if it is the parents fault, we don't need to spend any money on public schools. Shut them down.
I am not ignoring anything. And I am not saying it is the parents fault or teachers exclusively. It is a team effort. I will not absolve a parents responsibility in sharing the task of educating their kids.
Nor will I absolve a teacher's.

I agree, there are some bunk schools out there with lazy teachers. And I point to the school systems that enable these bad teachers to remain. I point to frivolous woke government guidelines that take the focus off of education that coerces schools to keep the teachers who play along.

Fortunately for me, I am able to live in a community that still has excellent schooling and results. But I can see the edges trying to erode away at every PTA meeting. Hopefully schools like this can weather this sjw storm. It will just mean less competition for the 'real' jobs.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
it amazes me how many of you actually believe click bate titles .

The actual proposed law is about trying to send your kid to conversion therapy and beating them for being members of the LGBT community

Old 10-16-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I am not ignoring anything. And I am not saying it is the parents fault or teachers exclusively. It is a team effort. I will not absolve a parents responsibility in sharing the task of educating their kids.
Nor will I absolve a teacher's.

I agree, there are some bunk schools out there with lazy teachers. And I point to the school systems that enable these bad teachers to remain. I point to frivolous woke government guidelines that take the focus off of education that coerces schools to keep the teachers who play along.

Fortunately for me, I am able to live in a community that still has excellent schooling and results. But I can see the edges trying to erode away at every PTA meeting. Hopefully schools like this can weather this sjw storm. It will just mean less competition for the 'real' jobs.
Any school that allows the graduation of 18 year olds who cannot read or do basic math has FAILED.

How lazy do teachers have to be that after 13 years .... the kids still aren't educated? And what types of checks and balances are systemically ignored so administrators and teachers unions literally do not care and look the other way?

That's on the schools. I'm not talking about graduating rocket scientists, that takes parental involvement. But every kids, regardless of parental involvement, should graduate with BASIC skills.

Otherwise there is no point for public schooling if that is not the goal. And if teachers aren't held accountable, again, then what the crap are they being paid to do?

Old 10-16-2022, 02:31 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
it amazes me how many of you actually believe click bate titles .

The actual proposed law is about trying to send your kid to conversion therapy and beating them for being members of the LGBT community
No the actual proposed law by the state delegate if she presented it would create a state level requirement to recognize a Childs preferred gender association but it has all ready been shot down.
This was a response to our T-Party hack of a Governor "new proposed education policy to roll back school protections for students who identify as transgender but don’t want to confront their parents." https://richmond.com/news/state-and-...b99bf6f0e.html

But you keep promoting the Red Meat talking points as you posted above because that's what people want to believe even though they are nowhere near the truth.

Old 10-16-2022, 03:32 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
truly insane. youngkin's election drove them even further off the rails

Virginia state lawmaker to introduce bill making it a crime for parents not to affirm their LGBT child
Thankfully with Youngkin as governor and a GOP majority legislature this has no chance in hell of passing in VA. For now...

Old 10-16-2022, 03:35 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
No the actual proposed law by the state delegate if she presented it would create a state level requirement to recognize a Childs preferred gender association but it has all ready been shot down.
This was a response to our T-Party hack of a Governor "new proposed education policy to roll back school protections for students who identify as transgender but don’t want to confront their parents."

But you keep promoting the Red Meat talking points as you posted above because that's what people want to believe even though they are nowhere near the truth.
Well thankfully the majority of Virginians voted in your "T-party hack of a Governor" precisely because of insane woke proposals like this one

Far left woke lunatics need to realize the moment you start messing with parents and pushing an extreme transgender agenda, you WILL be tossed out like yesterday's garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies