Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 11:20 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
They wanna criminalize Parental responsibility because they want the Government to raise your kids.

They see how well they hooked the inner city poor, this is the only way to get at the affluent.
This normally would sound pretty far fetched....although, what we are seeing now isn't normal. As scary as it seems to believe this , I think you are close to the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 02:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I indicated they are being confronted, the small loud minority is most certainly being confronted.
I think you missed my point .

The headline is false , but your post agrees to the premise that it is true .

Don't ever agree to the premise of an outlandish headline like this z go do research. As I said in my other post, even the article someone posted to try to prove the article is true says , titles like this are the opinions of republicans and that nothing in the actual legislation says that .

Old 10-17-2022, 03:01 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As I stated(and as your own link says), there is nothing extreme about the bill. The bill was proposed because Virginia, like other states, doesnt specifically spell out LGBT protections from child abuse, because believe it or not, we actually do let parents get away with treating their children like crap just because there arent laws on the books for a specific issue.

The Democratic Leader clearly saw this would be made political and thats why he pulled it. Look at your own link , They called out Jennifer Wexton and Abigal Spanberger( both congresswomen), when this is a state legislature issue.
I'm not arguing with you and the link I posted was because it showed that the bill was pulled.

Old 10-17-2022, 03:11 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Actually the voters with school aged children voted for the D in the last election. Youngkin won by turning out the elderly vote in western Virginia. Making up CRT nonsense was great for social media likes but didn’t translate to many votes.
WRONG.
Most of the young parents I know voted for Youngkin. Please show proof it was seniors.
I and many of my neighbors voted for Youngkin because of his strong policies, not just his stand on CRT and parent’s rights. He also had an incredible choice of powerful leaders w proven integrity and courage for his administration.
And BTW it’s written right in the Virginia education handbook to stress the importance of teaching CRT. Not madeup nonsense…..

Old 10-17-2022, 04:35 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
WRONG.
Most of the young parents I know voted for Youngkin. Please show proof it was seniors.
I and many of my neighbors voted for Youngkin because of his strong policies, not just his stand on CRT and parent’s rights. He also had an incredible choice of powerful leaders w proven integrity and courage for his administration.
And BTW it’s written right in the Virginia education handbook to stress the importance of teaching CRT. Not madeup nonsense…..
Can you provide a link for the bolded statement please, tia.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:37 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I think you missed my point .

The headline is false , but your post agrees to the premise that it is true .

Don't ever agree to the premise of an outlandish headline like this z go do research. As I said in my other post, even the article someone posted to try to prove the article is true says , titles like this are the opinions of republicans and that nothing in the actual legislation says that .
I don't agree that the premise is true, the larger issue is Youngkin's attempted roll back of VA schools transgender policies. This congresswoman is just background noise that gives the right wing some semblance of credibility with their anti-trans policies, this is was the winning issue that Youngkin ran on.

Old 10-19-2022, 06:57 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Can you provide a link for the bolded statement please, tia.
Here from VA’s dept. Of education:

Foundations of Critical Race theory in education
….”more recently CRT has proven an important tool in the field of education….”

https://doe.virginia.gov/administrat...19/050-19.docx

Virginia DOE telling teachers they hav to embrace CRT

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...t-being-taught

There’s plenty more documentation— Google is your friend

Thankfully Youngkin has stopped it or is in the process of it….

Old 10-20-2022, 05:25 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,681,950 times
Not surprising that you didn’t actually read the attachments…the one that clearly states:

“Finally, because the Department has received many related inquiries, Critical Race Theory (CRT) is not included in the Virginia Standards of Learning, which comprise the content in each subject area that the commonwealth's school divisions are required to cover in their local curricula. Nowhere in the standards is there a requirement for schools to teach critical race theory, or to incorporate critical race theory when presenting required content.

As stated in the memo, the purpose of the document was to support division leaders as they further the shared goal of fostering schools that are welcoming and respectful of all students, families, and school staff.”

Old 10-20-2022, 05:55 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
]

Here from VA’s dept. Of education:

Foundations of Critical Race theory in education
….”more recently CRT has proven an important tool in the field of education….”

https://doe.virginia.gov/administrat...19/050-19.docx

Virginia DOE telling teachers they hav to embrace CRT

That's one of many newsletters that the dept of ed puts out, it's not "telling teachers", it is not a directive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies