Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 01:09 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yea and the Dems will claim the new Congress is to blame for the mess that they themselves have cause over the next two years and into the 2024 Elections.

A Republican Congress can onlt mitigate what has already been done so much and slow further damage.

When the blme comes any halfway intelligent person would and should know better.
The damage has already been done. Biden and the Democrat Party have already spent all of our future and the money we had in our pockets by printings Trillions of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 01:19 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Since Biden became President:

My Salary lost about 20% of its value.
My house increased 30% in value
My 401k is down about 30%
Everything is more expensive.
That only benefits you if you have multiple properties and you want to sell some of them

Other than that you can’t sell your primary residence for 30% increase in capital gain, buy another property for 30% more expensive with 8% interest

Old 10-15-2022, 02:09 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did you hear about the GLOBAL pandemic?
Yeah, the same pandemic that your Democrats were all too happy to use to hurt Trump’s re-election, making a bad situation much more worse. They didn’t care that it hurt the country, just as long as they can gain power again and dumb blue state mindless rubes even rewarded them for it.

Oh, and what about all the anti-oil production EO’s Biden signed off on and all the trillions he fluttered away on those bills his Democrats orchestrated. Yeah, I bet you don’t think there were any effects there either.

The part that bothers me is that the Democrats didn’t do all of this out of ignorance. Most of us had warned exactly of this happening with each action Biden and the Democrats took so if we average citizens knew it, I am sure the Democrats knew it too. The scary part is that they did this knowing full well the consequences and still did it anyway. Sickening how bold and nefarious they are because they know half the country will automatically vote for them regardless.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Lost $6000 in wages? Yes I believe it.

Biden is a blithering imbecile and the whole world sees it on a daily basis. I heard democrats say Trump was terrible everyday for 4 years. Those same democrats are now alot worse off because none of them know how to do anything having to do with money. They voted Biden, now they have to put up with this incompetence of a federal government for 4 years.

Even if one of these people tries to say their income hasn’t gone down. It really has. They don’t do enough research to realize the mass inflation on everything due to a falling economy has caused their income to significantly drop.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:37 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Lost $6000 in wages? Yes I believe it.

Biden is a blithering imbecile and the whole world sees it on a daily basis. I heard democrats say Trump was terrible everyday for 4 years. Those same democrats are now alot worse off because none of them know how to do anything having to do with money. They voted Biden, now they have to put up with this incompetence of a federal government for 4 years.

Even if one of these people tries to say their income hasn’t gone down. It really has. They don’t do enough research to realize the mass inflation on everything due to a falling economy has caused their income to significantly drop.
And the people who hurt the most from Bidenflation and gasflation are poor minority that the democrats vowed to protect. It’s not like they can go out and buy a $60k EV or spend $30k to buy roof solars (assuming if they own a home and their roofs are new enough to support solar panels)

Old 10-15-2022, 03:04 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just got a statement yesterday and I have lost about 25% of my investments thanks to Brandon.

same here… down 23% YTD. Still have 27 years til retirement though… not too worried. Yet.

Old 10-15-2022, 03:53 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
same here… down 23% YTD. Still have 27 years til retirement though… not too worried. Yet.
The best thing you can do at your age is to hope that the Market continues falling while you continue to buy at a steady rate. Do dollar cost averaging is your best option with minimal risk.
YMMV

Old 10-15-2022, 04:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The $6k is from income.
Other than that my brother tells me he is down around $250k. so far.
If his investments are down $250k, then he started with quite a stash. I suspect he still has quite a stash. Good for him.

Last time the market tanked (2008) I was 2 years from retirement. I kept buying shares in my 401k at bargain basement prices. When the market turned around, I had a lot more shares, and every share went up. Now is a good time to buy, if you can.

Old 10-16-2022, 05:41 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
Actually we began losing money during Obama. While we were being forced the Obama Care packages. If we didn't have health insurance, we were penalized.

Under Trump, it was a breath of fresh air. Now the air is stagnant again. Time for us to start breathing again.

Last edited by DeanGuitarist; 10-16-2022 at 05:53 AM..

Old 10-16-2022, 06:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
My grocery bill topped $200 for the first time yesterday. Now I did buy extra on some items, but I also used the store card for about 15% off, without which the total bill would have been $230. Inflation is real and it's not easy to stop, and won't be with the incompetents we have in charge now, all of them more interested in buying votes than doing anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies