Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 01:04 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
It's an intermediate cartridge detachable magazine select fire rifle.

Ammosexuals pick up on the misuse of the term because that's basically all they've got.
And Hoplophobes keep reusing the stupid made up term even after it's been explained to them hundreds of times.

Is that all they have left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 01:16 PM

17,348 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Then, in theory, you might have a case.

HOWEVER, the US government has a long history of modifying the law from how it was originally intended. Just look at social security or the Native Americans. Given that, I wouldn't trust them one bit for any more additional power over Constitutional rights.
Is it one to one matching or could it be applied to other possibilities. My LE researcher credentials should clear me for what I do but then again, outside my circle, who knows what I am. Would my research into school shootings, targeting school children, Entebbe, Beslan, Tactical Diagraming, etc, etc, etc...set off the alarms to someone to have them come "knocking on my door"?

There is something to always looking over your shoulder. I ordered my book, "Terror at Beslan" at a slightly higher price than from another book seller at a slightly lower price because the latter one seemed a little too right wing for my tastes. That should they be raided, I didn't want my name on their mailing lists.

Paranoid or falling into being antisocial? Or is it just learning to watch your back? What may be a red flag to one person may just be good thinking to another.
Perhaps they do in a matter of speaking but they didn't pull the trigger, just as all those who voted for a politician who then hurts many thru his policies aren't accountable, either.....or should they? Be careful of the can of worms one opens.

Consider, it is inside your locked house to begin with. You get home and something happens where you need that gun, where your one ace in the hole is that you know where it is. Maybe it is an intruder in your home, maybe it is someone who followed you home.

Your one chance is to get to that gun first and turn around and engage......but it doesn't mean a darn thing if you have to take time getting it out of a safe first or even worse, the enemy has found your safe first and has disabled it from being open, so they have the only guns.

Now, granted, when it is just you, it is one thing, where it is a situation of "The Enemy Within", it is another. How one treats it from preventing children accidently shooting someone to something there for children to use for defence is a very tough problem.

The basic of it is that it is not clear across the board, PARTICULARLY when one is dealing with those with all the answers from 20/20 hindsight.
I am talking very specifically about minor children. The parents are responsible for supervising them, getting them access to proper medical care, taking them to counseling if necessary. They certainly should not be leaving weapons out where their troubled kids can gain access to them.

In Ethan Crumbley's case, his father bought the gun and ammo. His mother took him to the range to teach him how to use it and bragged on Facebook about giving her son the gun for Christmas. They were aware that their 15 year old son had been hallucinating, having problems at school (calls from the school, meetings with guidance), had been drinking alcohol...yet, they routinely left that kid at home alone with an accessible, loaded gun. That was not going to end well.

I don't know what the situation is with this Raleigh shooter but it's probably going to be something similar.

Adding: Apparently the Raleigh shooter's mom arrived home in a panic and didn't even waste time pulling into her driveway before stopping the car and running inside where she found her 16 year old son shot dead in the bathroom.

Last edited by springfieldva; 10-16-2022 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-16-2022, 01:24 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why do people need to own an assault rifle. What’s the purpose
Because people like you and your hired far-left cohorts keep loosing criminals on the rest of us. Sometimes in large numbers, and we NEED to have the means to defend ourselves, our families, neighborhoods etc. Especially when the police usually don't show up until later. Often because you and your cohorts have defunded them, restricted them, vilified them, and generally prevented them from doing their jobs.

When a bunch of home invaders crash through my door at 3AM, I can't politely ask them to wait until the cops (maybe) show up to deal with them. **I** need to deal with them, right now, whether I like it or not.

Are there any other questions and confusions you have, that you need me to clear up for you?

Old 10-16-2022, 01:26 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,496 times
Biden doing as his handlers tell him to do. Sorry oligarchs, you are not getting our guns!

Old 10-16-2022, 01:30 PM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
It's an intermediate cartridge detachable magazine select fire rifle.
Phew none of my rifles have a select fire option so I guess they don't qualify as "assualt" rifles

Quote:
Ammosexuals pick up on the misuse of the term because
Much rather identify as an ammosexual than an hoplophobe or a sitting duck.

Quote:
that's basically all they've got.
Also have the second ammendment

Old 10-16-2022, 01:41 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Three of my grandkids own rifles (17, 13, 12). But we still have gun training here through the Scouts and 4 H. There is also a competitive shooting sports team for those under 21. A local 6 year old got a deer last fall. We have a youth deer hunting season. Kids are taught gun safety. We have had one gun murder in my county in 10 years.

Old 10-16-2022, 02:09 PM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
Three years ago I bought a shotgun for my kids to use when we go skeet shooting

And I regularly take them to the shooting range to learn how to safely handle my firearms

I do keep them in a safe expect one which i keep near my bed with a combination lock on it

Old 10-16-2022, 02:20 PM

17,348 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post

And I regularly take them to the shooting range to learn how to safely handle my firearms

I do keep them in a safe expect one which i keep near my bed with a combination lock on it
You are a responsible gun owner. I doubt that if one of your kids was experiencing a psychiatric problem that you would be leaving them alone with an accessible loaded weapon. Only a crap parent does something like that.

Skeet shooting is a perfectly fine sport, there is nothing wrong with a kid shooting targets at a gun range and learning about gun safety. Weapons should be kept in a gun safe when not in use.

Old 10-16-2022, 02:25 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,186,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post

Great to see this. I’ve also been shooting guns/targets for as long as can remember from a young child till present, was taught how to properly and safely use a gun, took a safety class, and my guns have always behaved, and I have very many of them. The ammo also behaves properly.

Old 10-16-2022, 02:33 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
You are a responsible gun owner. I doubt that if one of your kids was experiencing a psychiatric problem that you would be leaving them alone with an accessible loaded weapon. Only a crap parent does something like that.

Skeet shooting is a perfectly fine sport, there is nothing wrong with a kid shooting targets at a gun range and learning about gun safety. Weapons should be kept in a gun safe when not in use.
You think a home invasion is going to give you time to go unlock your safe? My kids know how to use every firearm we have. But then, they are not nut jobs either.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 10-16-2022 at 03:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies