Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 06:59 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
That is NOT true.

I have a off-grid solar house. Solar homes generate very little electricity. You really cannot use anything with a heating element if your house is off-grid, unless you have a HUGE number of panels.

I "need" a energy efficient coffee machine!!!

The average electric coffee maker uses more electricity than a washing machine. For years, the BPA (federally run Bonneville Power Authority) gave rebates for folks buying "efficient washing machines.

If they were serious they could save much more electricity by giving rebates for "energy efficient coffee machines"!!! I think some observant civil servant made the observation and somebody in Congress followed up on it.

Typical Democrat government solution.

Really if they were serious about climate change, just ban electric coffee machines for those households that get their electricity from coal and natural gas. Shame people into doing the right thing.

At my solar house I just pour boiling water in a Mileta drip cup with a paper filter and drip into a insulated carafe. Don't need a government program if people would simply do that.

The Japanese and Russians do it with their tea. Why do we think we are so special that we need electric coffee makers??
Where do you get the boiling water?

Granted, a drip coffee maker as you described makes good coffee, but it takes energy to boil the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If this was Trump the Left would be screaming about invoking the 25th amendment.

Biden really is losing it and worse he is becoming dangerous with his inflammatory comments about Putin, China and now Pakistan.

It sickens me to think about President Harris given that she did nothing to earn that spot. I'd take Hillary over Harris any day but the day is fast approaching when Biden will have to be put out to pasture to save us.

Spreading the Faith? Coffee machines? The country is falling apart and the guy wants us to have a new coffee machine? okay but will we be able to afford the coffee to put into that new machine?

Impeach Biden.
Hillary and I are 180 degrees out of phase on just about everything, but at least she has a brain. Yes, she'd be much better than Kamala.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:12 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Hillary and I are 180 degrees out of phase on just about everything, but at least she has a brain. Yes, she'd be much better than Kamala.
That's like saying getting shot in the butt is better than getting shot in the head. Factually true, but functionally irrelevant.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
That's like saying getting shot in the butt is better than getting shot in the head. Factually true, but functionally irrelevant.
That's true.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:44 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You need a wood burning stove.
I have a wood burning stove. That is how I heat the house when I am there, but use propane to heat it when I am gone.

My off-grid "solar" house emits much more CO2 than my in town house, which runs on 100% CO2 free electricity. I do have a coffee machine there....

For RocketDawg.....I use my propane stove to heat water for coffee.

Really, my off-grid "solar" home runs primarily on propane. But don't tell anybody. I rent it as a vacation rental and the city folks think its really cool to stay in a "solar" house.

Yeah, they ***** about not having a coffee machine.

I am a great fan of solar for the International Space Station, my "solar" fishing boat, my RV and of course, my solar off-grid vacation home.

I am not a fan of solar for a advanced industrial society. Though if we want to play with solar toys, lets put the solar panels on roof tops and not the desert lands of the southwest.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:14 AM

24,631 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Democrats are really angry that their administration turned out to be politically far worse than they imagined trump to be.
Yup. Looks like those mean tweets weren't so bad after all.

Old 10-17-2022, 04:54 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
personally, i know and trust Chuck Schumer because he has decades of experience as not only an economist but also a financial wizard, and inflation reducer.
Is this the comedy forum!

I remeber when I worked at the Senate office building and we were told,"If there is camera anywhere near here, get out of the way, becuae ole chucky will be charging to get to it."

Old 10-17-2022, 04:58 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,131,727 times
"The Inflation Reduction Act"--- perfect example of Newspeak from The Ministry of Truth.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:03 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This big change is going to require many little changes. It all adds up.
The fact that there are people like you out there that rationalize this as being something sensible is disturbing. It's just part of the big plan. Lol

Old 10-23-2022, 06:20 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
he said it with a straight face.....I kid you not. Biden said his ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ will help middle class families afford to buy energy efficient coffee machines (OP title)
Among the many other inflation-beating features of the act. The title of the act alone should eliminate inflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies