Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 09:39 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

I am not voting for Stacey Abrams and it has nothing to do with Abortion rights, gun laws, taxes or even defunding the Police.

It has everything to do with the economy (stupid)...

Old 10-18-2022, 09:41 AM

426 posts, read 178,363 times
@atl2021 And cut out your lying in regards to the Georgia voting law. Black people have a right to vote and have as much access to voting as everyone else. Voting in this state can’t possibly get any more simple.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:49 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
You are precisely correct. Regardless of what Repubs think, women should be in control of their own bodies just like religious people have the right to go to church and preach and teach one thing but live a completely different lifestyle outside of church - https://youtu.be/J-XhaS0SI4U and please look at this mess here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGsjQg9viIg. Make no mistake, I am a believer in God, but I also believe in people being able to make their own choices.

It sickens me to the core, that these are the same people who would not wear a damn mask not long ago. Remember that fiasco and how they bit**ed and moaned about their freedom being taken away because they were required to wear a freakin' mask? Now, these same people are trying to tell women what to do with their own bodies simply because of their beliefs. Beliefs do not equal science or facts. Here is a fact though, if the woman has to carry the child, then it is her right to abort or not. It is a fact that a man cannot tell a woman what to do with her body no matter their belief. It is a fact that you Republicans are hypocrites. You judge women for having an abortion but refuse to hold Herschel Walker accountable for the pro-abortion stance he took when he paid for his girlfriend to have multiple abortions. And those are just the ones we know about.

Herschel has yet to admit that he took this stance which should tell the evangelicals that he is not repentant. He has not owned up to anything, actually, I take that back. He did admit that he was dumb, has a mental illness, and has threatened women and the police on multiple occasions. HE has yet to admit that he is not a policeman, paid for multiple abortions, did not graduate valedictorian (actually he never even graduated college), or that he was not around for any of his kids, and he has not owned up to being with a whole bunch of women. Republicans will tell you one thing but do another. Never listen to them preach to you about anything. They have said the loud part in public many times. It is not about who Herschel is or what he has done, they just simply want control of that senate seat so that they can destroy your lives even more based upon their "beliefs". They have taken abortion rights away, and are taking books out of schools, and refusing to teach about the wrongs of enslavement. What's next? Gay Rights? Interracial marriage? Your right to anything not based upon their religious beliefs? These people have shown us time and time again who they are. It is time for you all to wake up and believe them.

Lastly, Kemp is not a good person. He was one of the first Governors' to restrict abortions, he has restricted voting rights tremendously just because he didn't like that Biden won Georgia. The picture that was in the background, as he signed the restrictive voting bill, was a painting under a slave plantation. And if this bill was really inclusive why does he only have white men surrounding him as he signs the bill?

To progressives and people of color, these Republicans show you time and time again who they are. Believe them - https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-gov...m-crow-1579220.
It "sickens you to the core" that some people refused to wear a mask that was proven ineffectual, yet you are A-OK with murdering children because "women's rights?"

Wow.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
It "sickens you to the core" that some people refused to wear a mask that was proven ineffectual, yet you are A-OK with murdering children because "women's rights?"

Wow.
Yup, these people can shut the heck up. They preach body autonomy yet want to force everyone to get a vaccination that doesn’t prevent infection of covid or spread of covid.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:42 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Georgia has had a second look at Abrams...they are not interested. Last I saw she was down 10+ points.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:48 PM

154 posts, read 96,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
It is scientific fact life starts in the womb and that life in the womb is a human with potential, not potentially human life. These are absolute truths. Therefore a woman does not have a right to terminate the life that is in her womb. A mother’s womb is just a host to another human life and that human life has a right to life. That life in their womb isn’t the body of the mother’s.

We are all sinners and we all fall short of the glory of God. If we can be perfect, we wouldn’t need Jesus. We all struggle with sin, whatever those sins may be. There are many homosexual Christian’s and they are forgiven just as I am for my long length of sins. The difference between a believer and a non-believer is the believer is clothed in Christ.

It is good you are believer in God. Even the demons believe and tremble. Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior? It has to be personal. You have to claim Him, receive Him, and trust Him as your very own.
Everything you have stated, I already know. I grew up in the church. That still does not negate the fact that everyone should have a choice to choose whatever they want. No man, nor the church, own anyone including women. Those slavery days are over. You stating that women are mere hosts for a child is downright ignorant. There are many women on this earth who can not bear children. Are they still just mere hosts to bear children? No, women are here to do more than bear children. I am not sure who is telling you different, but you should definitely think about what you are saying. Just because your belief is that women should give birth to all children does not mean it is going to happen. People abort for many different reasons other than just to get rid of the child because they are not ready for it. People abort because they may have to for their own health. It is not up to you nor the church to tell someone to choose an unborn fetus over their own life. How dare you or anyone else try to make that decision for someone just because of your belief. You would not want anyone telling you what to do with your own life (and many of you pitched a fit when asked to wear a mask). It is not your life so mind your own business and get out of everyone else’s. This world would go so much better if people just stayed out of other peoples’ business. How about you ensure that your own members of your church are doing exactly what they are trying to force other people to do - https://www.care-net.org/churches-bl...what-can-we-do.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
It is scientific fact life starts in the womb and that life in the womb is a human with potential, not potentially human life. These are absolute truths. Therefore a woman does not have a right to terminate the life that is in her womb. A mother’s womb is just a host to another human life and that human life has a right to life. That life in their womb isn’t the body of the mother’s.

We are all sinners and we all fall short of the glory of God. If we can be perfect, we wouldn’t need Jesus. We all struggle with sin, whatever those sins may be. There are many homosexual Christian’s and they are forgiven just as I am for my long length of sins. The difference between a believer and a non-believer is the believer is clothed in Christ.

It is good you are believer in God. Even the demons believe and tremble. Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior? It has to be personal. You have to claim Him, receive Him, and trust Him as your very own.
Dude, just stop it! You do not know who is “clothed in Christ”. Only God knows. If you really believe that only a church goer will be saved then you really don’t know God. He is the decider, not you or any other church goer. And just because you go to church doesn’t mean you will be saved. Many of you are funding people like this and it is absolutely disgusting, yet you are upset because a liberal wants to fund healthcare for all - https://youtu.be/9LtF34MrsfI. It just doesn’t look good or feel right.

Last edited by atl2021; 10-18-2022 at 02:52 PM..

Old 10-18-2022, 02:06 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
First off it's Pro-choice..................a woman's right to make decisions about her OWN body. Secondly, because the black population turned out in record numbers in 2020 Kemp passed SB 202, which is directly aimed at suppressing their vote in future elections. But yet, you will go out and vote party line because that is what a good Trumpster is supposed to do. Don't think for yourself, but rather vote the way he wants you to.
Is there some reason why black voters are suppressed? Really? I guess you think they aren’t capable of having identification? Why is that? I have to identify myself to vote. What’s so hard?

I am pro choice, but I’m not a single issue voter. The Democrats have made such an abysmal mess of this country, that I wouldn’t vote for one for any reason.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Is there some reason why black voters are suppressed? Really? I guess you think they aren’t capable of having identification? Why is that? I have to identify myself to vote. What’s so hard?

I am pro choice, but I’m not a single issue voter. The Democrats have made such an abysmal mess of this country, that I wouldn’t vote for one for any reason.
Go back to sleep. After all, your party hates people who are awake - https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...eorgia-751346/.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
Everything you have stated, I already know. I grew up in the church. That still does not negate the fact that everyone should have a choice to choose whatever they want. No man, nor the church, own anyone including women. Those slavery days are over. You stating that women are mere hosts for a child is downright ignorant. There are many women on this earth who can not bear children. Are they still just mere hosts to bear children? No, women are here to do more than bear children. I am not sure who is telling you different, but you should definitely think about what you are saying. Just because your belief is that women should give birth to all children does not mean it is going to happen. People abort for many different reasons other than just to get rid of the child because they are not ready for it. People abort because they may have to for their own health. It is not up to you nor the church to tell someone to choose an unborn fetus over their own life. How dare you or anyone else try to make that decision for someone just because of your belief. You would not want anyone telling you what to do with your own life (and many of you pitched a fit when asked to wear a mask). It is not your life so mind your own business and get out of everyone else’s. This world would go so much better if people just stayed out of other peoples’ business. How about you ensure that your own members of your church are doing exactly what they are trying to force other people to do - https://www.care-net.org/churches-bl...what-can-we-do.
Either you have trouble with reading comprehension or are blinded by your radical leftism. I never claimed women are just a host to bear children. The point that I’m making is that a child in the womb is a separate body from the body of the woman. A pregnant woman has no right to terminate the life in the womb except for one exception, to save the life of the mother if she has an ectopic pregnancy (which are rare). Outside of being raped, every person who gets pregnant made a conscious decision to have sex. How does a pregnancy happen? This isn’t a mystery. If a woman is not ready to have children, don’t have sex. This is a pretty simple concept. Should people stay out of the business of murderers? They are just doing their thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: