Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 05:44 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times

Advertisements

hmm read the end of that article...i am far more surprised by the part that says the "51 year old retiree". Dont know if that is a great example of the right person worried about money since obviously most people are still working, and working for 15 or 20 more years, before retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 05:55 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Interesting.

Remember how, prior to the 2016 election, filmmaker Michael Moore predicted that Donald Trump would win (I do; I listened to his interview that was two weeks before, and I was chilled). Mr. Moore proved correct, to the delight of many Trump supporters.

Anyway, Fox News? Hmm. Here is an article on Fox News from September 22nd:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michae...bortion-ruling

"I think that there is going to be such a landslide against the traitors, especially against the 147 Republicans who just hours after the insurrection, voted to not certify the elected president of the United States Joe Biden, and I think there is going to be so many people coming out to vote," Moore said.

I agree with him. He was right in 2016, and I think he will be right this time.

Yes, 'it's the economy, stupid' has been viable in the past. But the Dodd decision, plus the Republican response (jail women whom have an abortion; death sentence for doctors; no interstate travel without proving not pregnant; report menstrual periods), has turned off a bunch of voters.

Gas up by 25 cents? Inflation high at 9 or so percent? Those will come down.

But the loss of individual rights?

That is the concern.

It's called 'whistling by the graveyard' to think voters are not mad as heck at Republicans.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:59 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Wonderful news. Who’d a thunk the economy would be the most important thing to voters. Amazing it took so long, however.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:03 PM

46 posts, read 26,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting.
You are delusional. Michael Moore is a moron - I liked his movie on healthcare though. Inflation is the direct result of democrats handing out money - thank God for Joe Manchin or we would be having a much worse time. He said he was concerned about inflation and the idiot libs called him a traitor, etc. Even the fed was backing this crap - it is transitory, March, 2021, no issues with printing more. November cannot come fast enough to put the brakes on these liberal policies. It is funny how parties change over time, I used to be a democrat now the democrats are the party of the wealthy and dumb.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:10 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Daycare costs $2500 a month or more for an infant.

It's the economy, stupid.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:13 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That woman is just plain LAZY, never mind doesn't know how to shop, cook, or STRETCH a meal into leftovers. Will she also be taking an unplanned child and just feeding it McDonald's too?
I doubt a 51 year old woman is too concerned about an unplanned child. I even doubt most women are concerned about having an abortion. How many does it affect in comparison to they and others affected by the economy? I fear the Dems have put all their eggs in one basket. How do you prefer it, poached or scrambled.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:13 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/female...all-about-cost

James Carville's line, "It's the economy, stupid", seems quite prevalent!

From the article:
It's always the economy first! It is easy to ignore 4 months before an election, but now voters know it cannot be ignored, and in a few weeks, they will make their voices heard on it.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:14 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting.

Remember how, prior to the 2016 election, filmmaker Michael Moore predicted that Donald Trump would win (I do; I listened to his interview that was two weeks before, and I was chilled). Mr. Moore proved correct, to the delight of many Trump supporters.

Anyway, Fox News? Hmm. Here is an article on Fox News from September 22nd:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michae...bortion-ruling

"I think that there is going to be such a landslide against the traitors, especially against the 147 Republicans who just hours after the insurrection, voted to not certify the elected president of the United States Joe Biden, and I think there is going to be so many people coming out to vote," Moore said.

I agree with him. He was right in 2016, and I think he will be right this time.

Yes, 'it's the economy, stupid' has been viable in the past. But the Dodd decision, plus the Republican response (jail women whom have an abortion; death sentence for doctors; no interstate travel without proving not pregnant; report menstrual periods), has turned off a bunch of voters.

Gas up by 25 cents? Inflation high at 9 or so percent? Those will come down.

But the loss of individual rights?

That is the concern.

It's called 'whistling by the graveyard' to think voters are not mad as heck at Republicans.
Yet the latest Trafalgar poll of generic Republican vs. generic Democrat has the Republicans leading by 5%. Sorry, I just don't think voters are as angry about the Dobbs decision as the resident leftists are trying to say they are.

"It's the economy, stupid," is - and always will be - the deciding factor in times of financial distress. If we weren't facing skyrocketing inflation, if we weren't dealing with massive crime, if we weren't watching what seems like the entire third world invading our borders, then abortion might be a major factor. Since we are dealing with those things, however, the Democrats' hope that abortion will save them seems a bit delusional.

Nobody has lost individual rights over the Dobbs decision. The issue is correctly a state matter, and the Dobbs decision merely sent it back to the states.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:20 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Usually, failing to **** away enough taxpayer dollars is a surefire way to lose an election.

Inflation seems to have *****-slapped us all back to reality.
But I recall our beloved president saying a year ago that this inflation is transitory! (TEMPORARY!) He also keeps telling us that our border is closed, and that there will be no tax increases for those of us making less $400,000 per year! WHEW!! Can you believe it!!?? I sure don't. His track record of promising, and not delivering, is abysmal, indeed!!

Old 10-17-2022, 06:43 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
But I recall our beloved president saying a year ago that this inflation is transitory! (TEMPORARY!) He also keeps telling us that our border is closed, and that there will be no tax increases for those of us making less $400,000 per year! WHEW!! Can you believe it!!?? I sure don't. His track record of promising, and not delivering, is abysmal, indeed!!
But it must be closed, our border czar hasn't been there since.......FOREVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies