Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 06:51 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yet, Mr. Walker is against any abortion, for whatever reason, and claims that he has felt so for decades.
I think he really just parrots the GOP party line. His handlers well-prepared him for the debate to basically say nothing. On the stump, if asked a policy question he is lost.

Old 10-18-2022, 07:01 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Responders here are nailing him to the wall over this. Isn't he allowed to pivot and change his mind on issues like the Democrats often do?

When it comes to experience and mindset to become a US Senator there are plenty that are pointing out that Herschel doesn't have it, that he isn't ready but the same people are giving a thumbs up to Fetterman ?

It is ironic how a candidate has to be perfect if he has a "R" next to his name but if a "D" anything goes.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:05 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
When it comes to experience and mindset to become a US Senator there are plenty that are pointing out that Herschel doesn't have it, that he isn't ready but the same people are giving a thumbs up to Fetterman ?

Fetterman was a mayor and is currently the Lt Gov. What is Walker's relevant experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is ironic how a candidate has to be perfect if he has a "R" next to his name but if a "D" anything goes.

There's nothing ironic about your straw man.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:26 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
The bigger issue here is not that Walker has a chance to win but that the Democrats are worried about him. He has zero experience and widely considered a bad candidate, yet the Dems are worried... that should tell you all you need to know. The DEMS are in trouble this Nov but then again, that's not really news.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:25 AM

13,275 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What is the crime again?
Straw pulling again huh hehe

Old 10-18-2022, 10:42 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
If this is the worst thing the left can find about Walker, I think he's in pretty good shape. None of what he did is illegal; not even close. Im not even sure why this is even a story, other than thats all they can pin on him. The left looks really desperate on this.
Because he keeps lying about it!!! Can't you see that? If he had said at the outset "yes, I paid for the woman's abortion. My beliefs about abortion were different at that time" or "even though i personally oppose abortion, I felt I had to take financial responsibility for my actions", then fine, water under the bridge.

It's like Bill Clinton. Who gives an F if he got a BJ in the Oval Office? But when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" it was galling, like he took us all for fools.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:44 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The bigger issue here is not that Walker has a chance to win but that the Democrats are worried about him. He has zero experience and widely considered a bad candidate, yet the Dems are worried... that should tell you all you need to know. The DEMS are in trouble this Nov but then again, that's not really news.
Why aren't YOU worried? Why aren't you worried that we are putting unqualified, mentally ill people in the highest offices of our country?

Old 10-18-2022, 10:52 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Let me ask you a question, if there is an anonymous accusation on a Democrat woman in the Senate or House or VP Harris made on Breitbart or Newsmax or National Review that they had abortions and their ex-husbands paid for it should the woman be ask in public and in debates and be crucial having or keeping their job?

Should Pelosi, AOC, Harris and all the Democrat women in Congress be asked that question and be investigated? If NO, then why are they crucifying Walker over a hit job?

Question again:

1) How do We know the $700 was for a $575 abortion?
2) How do We know it was his baby?
3) If it was, what power Walker had over her to decide?
4) Is this a personal matter?
5) Is there a financial crime?
6) Why does Walker has to prove a negative and face the music while his accuser stays in secret?

If Walker was a woman, would this be news? if an ex-boyfriend of 12 years ago does a drive in a media 1 month before an election and keeps his name in secret and accuses that she had abortions and he paid for it, would the media jump on the woman? You know the answer.
I'm sure the last thing Walker wants is for us to know who this woman is and have her questioned or investigated lol.

He knows who she is.

If he wanted that he would identify her or have someone else identify her.

No way he wants this woman talking any more than she already has.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:08 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Why aren't YOU worried? Why aren't you worried that we are putting unqualified, mentally ill people in the highest offices of our country?

Because blind partisans just want a pulse who votes as they're told. Walker meets that criteria.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:09 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm sure the last thing Walker wants is for us to know who this woman is and have her questioned or investigated lol.

He knows who she is.

If he wanted that he would identify her or have someone else identify her.

No way he wants this woman talking any more than she already has.

I agree but if she wants that kill shot she'll need to come out from the shadows and start providing more specifics.

But then maybe her story isn't all that she claims.

Maybe when Walker sent the check he had no idea she was using it for an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies