Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 01:35 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times

Advertisements

So Im a republican but Im pro choice in early pregnacy, however I respect the SCOTUS decision because of states rights.

That said, I heard something the other day that pro life republicans might think of.

It seems gender reveal parties are all the rage for the same progressives that want to legalize almost all abortions.

Does this mean that at the time they know the babys gender, they are acknowledging that as a human life?

Why invite all your friends over for a celebration for some lump of flesh you cut out in a medical procedure?

Old 10-17-2022, 01:41 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaFunka View Post
Because if your revealing the gender, that means it is a wanted pregnancy.
It’s a human fetus. But akin to a houseplant.

And as for late term abortions, they’re rare and if the fetus wears kept that long, it means it was a wanted pregnancy but the parents were met with unfortunate circumstances.
Not so rare. 1% of abortions but you can bet that number is a lie. That would amount to about 15,000 late term abortions annually.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:45 PM

4,546 posts, read 2,268,564 times
Quote:
Because if your revealing the gender, that means it is a wanted pregnancy.
It’s a human fetus. But akin to a houseplant.

And as for late term abortions, they’re rare and if the fetus wears kept that long, it means it was a wanted pregnancy but the parents were met with unfortunate circumstances.

So if you're wanted, you're a human but if you're not wanted, you're not? Interesting.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:45 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So Im a republican but Im pro choice in early pregnacy, however I respect the SCOTUS decision because of states rights.

That said, I heard something the other day that pro life republicans might think of.

It seems gender reveal parties are all the rage for the same progressives that want to legalize almost all abortions.

Does this mean that at the time they know the babys gender, they are acknowledging that as a human life?

Why invite all your friends over for a celebration for some lump of flesh you cut out in a medical procedure?
Because it's only a baby if they don't want to kill it. If they want to kill it, it's not a baby.

Because science.

Like, if I don't want a sunburn, that hot ball of fire in the sky? That's the moon.

Also, if I don't want to gain weight, that package of Oreos I just ate is really a huge head of lettuce.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Out of 325.9 million.

I mean if your gonna make the argument that 1% isn’t rare, then you gotta admit that the sea to roll was huge for Covid, therefore the mitigation methods were justified.

I’m not trying to detail the thread but just using the right’s logic.

But again, people have complex situations and what percent of that 1% had abortions based on unfortunate circumstances?
There are almost 330 million pregnancies a year?

I guess men really can get pregnant. As well as old people and 2 year olds.

Is that more liberal science?

Old 10-17-2022, 01:53 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
So if you're wanted, you're a human but if you're not wanted, you're not? Interesting.

That's about it.

It is odd how the self described "party of science" when it comes to Covid are the same that would be celebrating IF NASA finds a few cells on Mars as PROOF OF LIFE! but when a few cells are doing their thing inside a womb those cells are seen as unwanted garbage by some?

Still to each their own. I think politics should stay out of the Abortion issue. I'm not a fan of abortion but realize that sometimes it is a necessary procedure be it a medical one or that the woman flat out does not want that baby. What kind of expectant mother would she be and once born what kind of mother would she be. The baby, family and society might be better off if that baby was never born. Sad but true.

When it comes to the Abortion issue it seems that the Democrats are putting a lot of faith in the controversy to push them to winning in November but I think more female voters are more concerned about the economy and inflation over the abortion issue and they will vote accordingly.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
That’s literally not what I said. It’s human genetics but it’s not a full person.

While we’re on topi, advocating for the unborn is the laziest for of advocacy.

What about the people that are actually born and already experiencing life?
95% of biologists have stated that life begins at conception.

The rest of your post is nonsense.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That's about it.

It is odd how the self described "party of science" when it comes to Covid are the same that would be celebrating IF NASA finds a few cells on Mars as PROOF OF LIFE! but when a few cells are doing their thing inside a womb those cells are seen as unwanted garbage by some?

Still to each their own. I think politics should stay out of the Abortion issue. I'm not a fan of abortion but realize that sometimes it is a necessary procedure be it a medical one or that the woman flat out does not want that baby. What kind of expectant mother would she be and once born what kind of mother would she be. The baby, family and society might be better off if that baby was never born. Sad but true.

When it comes to the Abortion issue it seems that the Democrats are putting a lot of faith in the controversy to push them to winning in November but I think more female voters are more concerned about the economy and inflation over the abortion issue and they will vote accordingly.
Yep.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:56 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
"Science" is racist.

Sincerely,

Woke Dems

Old 10-17-2022, 01:56 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
No sense arguing with the Party and people of non-science (democrats).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies