Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 AM

15,218 posts, read 30,437,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Wow, talking about saying things how you interpret them..
You're doing it too, and everyone's doing it. Nobody here has the answers. If we did, we wouldn't be on the freaking Internet posting on a message board, would we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 AM

196 posts, read 207,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So, is he also to blame for UK and other countries paying high gas prices too????

in his own words "heck yeah".....

Old 05-27-2008, 08:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,891,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
well, not to go personal, but I figured you were all the proof I needed...get a job...
Get a job? Why shouldnt you be all about supporting my ability to live off of welfare? Why I was homeless once, doesnt that mean that the government should support me?

p.s. I have a job, several, including 2 homes now.. but thanks for caring..

Old 05-27-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
So, is he also to blame for UK and other countries paying high gas prices too????
Well, no, but maybe we should consider that China and India are now "developed" nations for all intents and purposes, and they have more people to consume resources than the US.

The US is simply not the world's lone superpower anymore, and sooner or later we're going to have to figure out how to play nice with the other 5.5 billion people on the planet. I'm sure somebody's solution would be to nuke China and India off the face of the Earth so we can monopolize the world's oil for our SUVs.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:44 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,939,946 times
Quote:
Quite frankly, I am not concerned about what's going on in the UK and other countries with respect to gas prices...I live and drive my car in America.

Last edited by dorado0359; 05-27-2008 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: error

Old 05-27-2008, 08:46 AM

196 posts, read 207,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Get a job? Why shouldnt you be all about supporting my ability to live off of welfare? Why I was homeless once, doesnt that mean that the government should support me?

p.s. I have a job, several, including 2 homes now.. but thanks for caring..

guess thats why it says youre banging your head against the wall under your name.... I can guess the kind of jobs you got....MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 05-27-2008 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: no insulting fellow posters

Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Quite frankly, I am not concerned about what's going on in the UK and other countries with respect to gas prices...I live drive my car in America.
Well, get concerned, because that's part of the reason why you're paying what you're paying. We're drawing from the same limited set of resources that they are.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
Why must all internet discussions go personal?

All the presidents (since Nixon at least) and all of the officials WE elected share the blame as do ALL of us.

No one wanted to bite the bullet early enough to solve the problems we knew we'd face.

It's what society does without real leadership and individual responsibility combined.

The problem is simple, the foundation of the economy includes oil. Oil, for various reasons, costs more. No one is prepared for this change, and pointing fingers without looking in the mirror won't ever help.

We obviously need a phased set of solutions, starting with domestic drilling and biting a HUGE bullet in the form of subsidizing the risk of alternative energy research.

I'm not about saving the planet, she's been here a while. I'm about not giving money to people who wake up every day trying to figure out how to take away what we have.

Sure, we're much better off now than we were when LBJ was in office. But we have ignored the long-term energy independance. We need a lunar-landing sized effort, band-aides and all to get from here to where we need to be.
Good post. Tried to give you rep, but you know how it goes must give more too others!! People need to realize, especially the rich are living way beyond their means in natural resources.
I live in a resort area and to think people are building 5000-10,000 sq foot homes, to live in as a second home. Of course we live where the snow is here 7 months out of the year and people heat these homes at 60-65 degrees to keep everything from freezing, the kicker is most only use these homes 6-8 weeks out of the year!! We are being foolish and acting like resources are ours for the taking. When you take and NEVER give back you are left with NOTHING!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 AM

He's got several jobs and over 5,000 posts here since September. He must have long lunch hours...and wasn't the topic about the energy crisis? pghquest, am I correct on this or is this just another "feeling?" Am I assuming correctly that you weren't reading what you wanted to read and that's why you started going off about welfare?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,521,034 times
Quote:
Good post. Tried to give you rep, but you know how it goes must give more too others!! People need to realize, especially the rich are living way beyond their means in natural resources.
I live in a resort area and to think people are building 5000-10,000 sq foot homes, to live in as a second home. Of course we live where the snow is here 7 months out of the year and people heat these homes at 60-65 degrees to keep everything from freezing, the kicker is most only use these homes 6-8 weeks out of the year!! We are being foolish and acting like resources are ours for the taking. When you take and NEVER give back you are left with NOTHING!!!!
Here here! People are selfish & expect to be provided for w/no consequences. That mode of living is over & should've been done w/a long time ago. I'm tired of selfish, gluttonous consumers who don't give a damn about anyone else. Why should I be concerned for them if they don't return that respect to me & everyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies