Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 10:19 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, that poster is dishonestly trying to tell us that the crime happens equally across entire states.

Missouri for example apparently whether you are in Kansas City or the suburbs of St. Louis they all vote equally republican and have the same crime rates.

Anti-science as noted in my earlier post.
But isn't it amazing that if you walk on the west side of Stateline Road in KC you have a much safer walk than if you walk on the east side? There is so much less crime on the west side of the street.

For the millionth time. These crime stats are to be compared to the same location, be it city or state, over time to identify trends. Comparing one jurisdiction to another is foolishness unless you are controlling for a whole list of variables.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:20 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The ACA has benefited a lot of people as well. Look what happened when the Republican's tried to over turn it. This one size must fit all mentality on the right is mind boggling. So is the lack of knowledge and facts.

Blue states do not promote crime. That's just kool-aid. If you research you will find the top ten crime ridden states are.
1. Mississippi.

2. Louisiana.
3. Florida.
4. Arkansas.
5. Texas.
6. Oklahoma.
7. Missouri,
8. Alabama.

9. Georgia.
10. South Carolina.

How many voted for Trump? Well all of them to you who still believe the election was stolen.

So you continue to be gaslighted into believing that Democrats promote open border and crime, but the truth is none of that is true. I have to hand it to the Republican's. They're great at keeping the base angry and donating. No matter they have to lie to do it, don't care about you, and feelings are more important than facts. It's the best political psych op I've ever seen.

That's why red states exist. Low information, propaganda, and conspiracy theories work.
Many Republicans and conservatives accept that Trump lost.

In term of Democrats promote open border and crime, well, all I know is that,

Since 1986 California has been dominated by the Social Justice crowd. Putting Government in charge to solve societies problems. Sounds nice, feels good. In fact it draws poverty. Taxes are raised again and again. So what you end up with is more rather than less poverty.

I think my state of California is pretty much over. The politicians will never genuinely care about the homeless if they are controlled by the same network of individuals. Californians are too politically correct to call them on their b.s. and think outside of the box,

In all fairness, though, There is large scale poverty and homelessness in every democrat ran city and state, it started under Obama on a large scale and has increased due to democrat policies that run these areas. If you want and like people pooping in the streets with large amounts of blue tarp homes located in your city make sure to vote for democrats. You should see what they have done to flint Michigan and Detroit Michigan.

Democrats do not help people build better life, only their own life’s get better as they get rich stealing your money. Nobody should be called a racist simply because they don't want to give away their money or they want their border to be secured.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-18-2022 at 10:30 AM..

Old 10-18-2022, 10:33 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The ACA has benefited a lot of people as well. Look what happened when the Republican's tried to over turn it. This one size must fit all mentality on the right is mind boggling. So is the lack of knowledge and facts.

Blue states do not promote crime. That's just kool-aid. If you research you will find the top ten crime ridden states are.
1. Mississippi.

2. Louisiana.
3. Florida.
4. Arkansas.
5. Texas.
6. Oklahoma.
7. Missouri,
8. Alabama.

9. Georgia.
10. South Carolina.

How many voted for Trump? Well all of them to you who still believe the election was stolen.

So you continue to be gaslighted into believing that Democrats promote open boarders and crime, but the truth is none of that is true. I have to hand it to the Republican's. They're great at keeping the base angry and donating. No matter they have to lie to do it, don't care about you, and feelings are more important than facts. It's the best political psych op I've ever seen.

That's why red states exist. Low information, propaganda, and conspiracy theories work.

I call BS on this.

I suppose it really depends on where you get your data:

the bottom 10 according to U.S. Crime Index.
41. 1,974 Delaware / 917,060
42. 1,986 Alaska / 728,300
43. 2,025 Arizona / 6,561,516
44. 2,065 Arkansas / 2,947,036
45. 2,095 Florida / 19,361,792
46. 2,167 Louisiana / 4,601,049
47. 2,180 Nevada / 2,761,584
48. 2,194 Tennessee / 6,451,365
49. 2,241 New Mexico / 2,080,085
50. 2,253 South Carolina / 4,727,273
51. 3,747 District of Columbia / 633,736

Old 10-18-2022, 10:34 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
The poorest folks in any region vote Democrat, if they vote at all. That is not a secret.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I call BS on this.

I suppose it really depends on where you get your data:

the bottom 10 according to U.S. Crime Index.
41. 1,974 Delaware / 917,060
42. 1,986 Alaska / 728,300
43. 2,025 Arizona / 6,561,516
44. 2,065 Arkansas / 2,947,036
45. 2,095 Florida / 19,361,792
46. 2,167 Louisiana / 4,601,049
47. 2,180 Nevada / 2,761,584
48. 2,194 Tennessee / 6,451,365
49. 2,241 New Mexico / 2,080,085
50. 2,253 South Carolina / 4,727,273
51. 3,747 District of Columbia / 633,736
Posted earlier that I visited my friend in Tennessee one summer. He really did not have to lock his door at night and he never locked his door.

I cannot imagine living anywhere in California without locking my door. lol

Old 10-18-2022, 10:45 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I'm trying to figure out why people who live in poor red states like Mississippi, Kentucky, Louisiana etc., tend to keep voting for Conservatives? It seems like their quality of living doesn't improve while going down this same path.
I'm trying to figure out why people who dont live in "poor red states" give a fig about how people in red states vote or why they think they know about or care about the quality of people's lives who live in "poor red states".

Old 10-18-2022, 10:57 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Many Republicans and conservatives accept that Trump lost.

In term of Democrats promote open border and crime, well, all I know is that,

Since 1986 California has been dominated by the Social Justice crowd. Putting Government in charge to solve societies problems. Sounds nice, feels good. In fact it draws poverty. Taxes are raised again and again. So what you end up with is more rather than less poverty.

I think my state of California is pretty much over. The politicians will never genuinely care about the homeless if they are controlled by the same network of individuals. Californians are too politically correct to call them on their b.s. and think outside of the box,

In all fairness, though, There is large scale poverty and homelessness in every democrat ran city and state, it started under Obama on a large scale and has increased due to democrat policies that run these areas. If you want and like people pooping in the streets with large amounts of blue tarp homes located in your city make sure to vote for democrats. You should see what they have done to flint Michigan and Detroit Michigan.

Democrats do not help people build better life, only their own life’s get better as they get rich stealing your money. Nobody should be called a racist simply because they don't want to give away their money or they want their border to be secured.
The left does promote open borders or at least "virtual" ones by promising amnesty and all other kids of goodies for illegal aliens. They won't even deport illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. They won't pass an e-verify bill. They won't end "catch and release". They ended the workplace raids. They won't finish the wall. All those things promote "virtual" open borders.

They won't make asylum seekers wait outside our country until their claims can be verified so that just encourages more bogus asylum seekers to come here. If that isn't "virtual" open borders then I don't know what is.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LBJ said this because he knew that White people were way more worried about the government policy to help poor Black people than they were about any thing else.

In essence, White folks are so worried about the 40% of people who get all this assistance that they don't notice how their own wages have been flat for forty years. Meanwhile, we see people on the top end getting wealthier and wealthier.

The Republicans have successfully moved White southerners from being anti corporate to being big fans of Big Business without realizing the damage it has done to their own status. But to them, it is still better than giving more money to all those deadbeats.... no matter what.
Your argument is only valid if you can convince us that Democratic party is still a party for the working class.

I think the democrats abandoned the working class around 1978 but it really gained steam during Reagan and even during Clinton. What was happening ultimately is corporate power and wealth was out of control. The Dems began receiving much more corporate money for elections than ever before. But now they have to do corporate bidding.

It’s that simple. Dems paid lip-service to labor rights, unions etc but never followed through.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:03 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I'm trying to figure out why people who live in poor red states like Mississippi, Kentucky, Louisiana etc., tend to keep voting for Conservatives? It seems like their quality of living doesn't improve while going down this same path.

I know one reason, as I just vacationed near Kentucky lake; where many Chicagoans now own businesses or have retired.
It's all relative on money, everything's less expensive there; property taxes are less than cell phone bills.
I pay $5,000 here, same house is $500 there; gas was $3/gal...restaurants are less.
I can buy a nicer home for 30% less, on much larger lots.
If you don't care about schools or libraries, everything about KY is better; and no traffic.
However, no Senator should be allowed lifetime terms; we need limits for Congress as akin to Presidents.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:21 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It’s that simple. Dems paid lip-service to labor rights, unions etc but never followed through.
And this is why I have a hard time at the voting booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies