Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 10:17 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
FWIW if you would have watched the video he said he had gotten a room at the Echo and stayed there for six months.
If he had a place to stay, he wasn't homeless. You don't need to watch some video to use simple logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 10:46 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
If he had a place to stay, he wasn't homeless. You don't need to watch some video to use simple logic.
Seriously?

Staying in a hotel implies that the hotel is his home?

Does he have an electric bill? ...water bill? ... where does he get his mail?

Old 10-19-2022, 10:46 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
He had a place to live for those six months he was filling out other people's ballots.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seriously?

Staying in a hotel implies that the hotel is his home?

Does he have an electric bill? ...water bill? ... where does he get his mail?
You bet! This happens more often than you may imagine. I live in Indian Country and between the tribes' subsidies and allotments made by our county social services, I would estimate that roughly 20 - 30 people - more in the winter - were scraped up from my town's parks and other public places and given a temporary "home" in a motel. For a while, I was a desk clerk in one of the motels favored by the Ute tribe, and I saw many things as you might imagine. Utilities are covered in the price of the room, and our guests could receive mail if it was addressed to them c/o the motel's front desk. Also, plenty of hotels - many quite swank - offer suites that people can stay in for as long as they keep their bill paid up. The people who stay in these luxury suites could hardly be considered homeless. More humble spots are no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He had a place to live for those six months he was filling out other people's ballots.
Right. And calling this guy homeless was a misleading headline meant to catch the viewer's attention. I finally listened to that questionable video which has been posted by someone going by the name of KanekoaTheGreat (701 subscribers). Seriously, guys? If this was so newsworthy/noteworthy then why couldn't you find this information in another source that might be slightly more believable?

Anyhow, in the video the homeless/not homeless man said that he got at least $900 - $1200 per week in addition to bonuses. So, its a reasonable assumption that he had about $5,000/month to play with for at least 6 months. If it had been me, I'd have rented a cheap motel room for the first month, saved all the rest of my money, got cleaned up, and bought myself a cheap cell phone. Then I'd find myself an inexpensive place to live and started pounding the pavements in search of real work. Heck, I might even have asked KanekoaTheGreat if he would put me in one of his videos.

You guys can do better than this when it comes to documenting something as serious as voter fraud.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
You bet! This happens more often than you may imagine. I live in Indian Country and between the tribes' subsidies and allotments made by our county social services, I would estimate that roughly 20 - 30 people - more in the winter - were scraped up from my town's parks and other public places and given a temporary "home" in a motel. For a while, I was a desk clerk in one of the motels favored by the Ute tribe, and I saw many things as you might imagine. Utilities are covered in the price of the room, and our guests could receive mail if it was addressed to them c/o the motel's front desk. Also, plenty of hotels - many quite swank - offer suites that people can stay in for as long as they keep their bill paid up. The people who stay in these luxury suites could hardly be considered homeless. More humble spots are no different.

Right. And calling this guy homeless was a misleading headline meant to catch the viewer's attention. I finally listened to that questionable video which has been posted by someone going by the name of KanekoaTheGreat (701 subscribers). Seriously, guys? If this was so newsworthy/noteworthy then why couldn't you find this information in another source that might be slightly more believable?

Anyhow, in the video the homeless/not homeless man said that he got at least $900 - $1200 per week in addition to bonuses. So, its a reasonable assumption that he had about $5,000/month to play with for at least 6 months. If it had been me, I'd have rented a cheap motel room for the first month, saved all the rest of my money, got cleaned up, and bought myself a cheap cell phone. Then I'd find myself an inexpensive place to live and started pounding the pavements in search of real work. Heck, I might even have asked KanekoaTheGreat if he would put me in one of his videos.

You guys can do better than this when it comes to documenting something as serious as voter fraud.
Sometimes when I hear a story like this, I think it's planted by the other party to make people look silly.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:55 AM

4,547 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ClaraC again.

Good catch! Why indeed would he be homeless when he's supposedly raking in almost 5K/month?

So you are both certain that he was not homeless before he started earning 1200 for election fraud?

Old 10-20-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
So you are both certain that he was not homeless before he started earning 1200 for election fraud?
I can't answer for Clara. Me, I have no idea what this man's status was before he supposedly got into the business of falsifying ballots. You can believe in some mysterious homeless man who obviously is a paid liar if you want. Frankly, I think throwing stuff around that is like the OP in both content and veracity is a sure way to get people to shrug their shoulders the next time Republicans try to bring up voter fraud.

I hate the very idea of voter fraud, but the conservatives around here need to find more compelling evidence before I get flipped out over a dubious scenario like the one in the OP.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I don't think anyone implied that.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:59 PM

30,158 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wait. This homeless guy was making 1200 bucks a week for 6 months.

And he's homeless.

Hm. What's not to doubt about this "story"?

In my experience, the rantings of homeless people aren't usually to be taken on good authority.

None of this adds up.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
None of this adds up.
Exactly. And, there have been no arrests surrounding this story.

Another distraction that's untrue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies