Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 09:36 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Speaking of children "Respiratory Infections Are Rising Among Children". Oct. 11, 2022 -- America’s kids are experiencing an increase in respiratory illness, and it’s not just because of coronavirus, experts say.

The CDC advised hospitals to keep awareness up about severe infections among pediatric patients; patients were urged to keep an eye out for symptoms such as difficulty breathing and sudden onset of limb weakness.
https://www.webmd.com/children/news/...among-children

I wonder how many of these kids had the vaccine? We know of teens and young adults experiencing myocarditis after inoculation. Full effects of these shots are still unknown for any age group. I'm glad all my 'kids' are adults now.
If these shots weaken your immune system, it wouldn't be surprising to see an increase in URI.

In Australia, they just one of the worst influenza seasons on record - well, it's just about ending now. Coincidence? Lockdown related? Shot related?

We know that healthy young people who get the shots are most likely to have Herpes outbreaks (HSV) and even Shingles (VZV) compared to their unvaccinated peers, which does suggest these vaccines lower immune system.

Old 10-19-2022, 09:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Looking back at 2 years of inpatient work on the pandemic I can share some facts. I had studied pandemics for years and still, when CoV19 hit, it was profound. Here is what I can tell you.

Unvaccinated persons died at about an 90% rate from the beginning of 2020 to the end of December 2021. At that time, numbers of infections reduced and the virulence (lethality) lowered.

Vaccinated persons survived at a rate of 85%.

Patients who were admitted to the ICU who were unvaccinated died near 100%. There were few exceptions.

Hydroxychloroquine worked for some when taken early. When it did work it was dramatic in it's benefit.

Women who were pregnant and were not vaccinated many died before and after giving birth.

All of us world wide share post traumatic effects. Talking about it does help.

If you have nightmares, poor appetite, loss of interest in daily activities talk with your doctor about that.

We who are here survived...take a breath.
At what point was 50% of the US vaccinated?

Should only be using those numbers as ANY sort of comparison, if at all. Saying unvaccinated were dying when 100% of the population was unvaccinated is dishonest.

Who was vaccinated at the "beginning of 2020"? No one. Not until Dec 2020 did vaccinations begin and only on a very limited basis.

How many healthcare workers in direct care of patients with COVID have died?

Old 10-19-2022, 09:48 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Very true. Right before Covid my district had a measles outbreak among children of anti-vax parents. That strikes me as silly, since MNR has been around for decades and is well proven to, you know, actually prevent the disease. Unlike the Covid "vaccine."
Measles are not as common with the vaccine but have become more severe since it was invented.

Old 10-19-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
At what point was 50% of the US vaccinated?

Should only be using those numbers as ANY sort of comparison, if at all. Saying unvaccinated were dying when 100% of the population was unvaccinated is dishonest.

Who was vaccinated at the "beginning of 2020"? No one. Not until Dec 2020 did vaccinations begin and only on a very limited basis.

How many healthcare workers in direct care of patients with COVID have died?
Kind of on topic, maybe not.

Early on the pandemic, we put patients on ventilators too early, based on blood oxygen saturation levels only.

This study showed that we could have 'reduced' (i.e not have killed) as many as 50% of those early patients based on changing our ventilator strategies (wait longer to put them on a vent, decrease PEEP if they're on)

Quote:
This ventilation strategy might reduce the currently very high case fatality rate of more than 50% in invasively ventilated COVID-19 patients.
https://www.ajtmh.org/view/journals/...icle-p1191.xml

As people got vaccinated, we learned about our awful ventilation strategy, and changed tack. People were surviving COVID more often, when they got to the hospital, simply because HCW weren't inadvertently killing them.

But also I have to wonder how much the CARES Act incentivized this, since the hospital got 30,000 USD per COVID patient's head per vent, maybe they were eager to push for more aggressive policies on ventilation. I.e, even if patient seemed to be ok, put him on a vent anyways!

Old 10-19-2022, 09:54 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Covid is no more dangerous for children than the flu is and in fact more children die of the flu than covid so why should there be a school mandate for covid but not the flu?

Old 10-19-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Covid is no more dangerous for children than the flu is and in fact more children die of the flu than covid so why should there be a school mandate for covid but not the flu?
Don't you worry, the CDC has it on their vaccination schedule too: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...dolescent.html

By the time you're 18, you need something like 80 shots or so to be fully compliant lol.

Universities are already mandating the Flu shot.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:12 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Makes no damn sense whatsoever. Healthy children can build NATURAL immunity against this virus which is much more effective than the vaccine. Why force them to take it when the vaccine doesn't even stop the spread of transmission???

Look at last year's data for covid Jan-Sep versus the average flu/pneumonia deaths Jan-Sep for 2015-2019. Btw Vox isn't exactly a right wing conservative news site....

https://www.vox.com/22699019/covid-1...lization-death
But then pharmaceutical co’s and CDC employees wouldn't benefit

Old 10-19-2022, 10:31 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
WTH is the obsession with this shot that is proven ineffective? They keep pushing this garbage and the damn thing is absolutely useless, and as time goes on it’s proving to be more dangerous than helpful. I just don’t get it. It’s like they’re so obsessed with proving they’re right that they’re willing to harm millions of people because of ego and dominance.
They can stick this shot up their ass.
Because the people pushing this agenda are literal demons

Old 10-19-2022, 10:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Oh, for God's sake! The CDC makes recommendations to the vaccine schedule, but the states retain control over the required vaccines for their resident school children. Got that? The CDC recommends, and ACIP is meeting this week to discuss the Covid vaccine and whether or not it should be added to the list of recommended vaccines. Take off your Tucker Carlson-provided tin foil hat and recognize that he's manipulating you.
Name one CDC vaccination recommendation that states have not adopted.

I don't think Carlson is manipulating anyone ...

Old 10-19-2022, 10:46 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Name one CDC vaccination recommendation that states have not adopted.

I don't think Carlson is manipulating anyone ...
He is being completely manipulative. ACIP is holding a hearing this week and has not voted. Can you hold off on hitting the panic button until they've actually added the vaccine to the recommended schedule?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies