Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 08:16 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
then the NBA and NFL are not white enough.. These games can be played in both directions.
Or college basketball. My alma mater has, I think, 13 players on the men's team. There's one white guy who never sees the floor except in practice and "garbage time" in the last minute or so of a blowout. The rest are black. They're not chosen because they're black, they're chosen because they play the game better. The same can be said for hockey at all levels. For whatever reason, blacks just don't seem to go for cold weather sports.

College baseball also tends to be mostly white. I don't really understand why unless it's because of the limitation of scholarships. Teams only get something like 11 to be shared by all - no one gets a full ride like they do in football and basketball. Get to the majors, and it's similar but a lot more Latinos.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:16 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Sports...93338296532992

The NHL's first internal demographic study found its workforce to be overwhelmingly white.

Kim Davis, NHL EVP of social impact, growth and legislative affairs, says seeing the numbers is a first step toward fixing the problem.

”fixing the problem” aka replacement theory
boycott these institutions. They hate us
Ruh oh, sounds like the NHL's got a DEI commissar. This never ends well for companies

Always the same script, "You are bad people, you have sinned against the woke Gods and you must atone by giving me power and money so I can hire my people for you to give them more power and money and we must dismantle the system so you run out of money and we all lose our jobs, wait - DOH!"

Old 10-19-2022, 10:59 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
If whites become the minority, then they will be getting affirmative action, and welfare.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:14 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Actually some schools do volleyball, gymnastics, and tennis.

I think we gravitate towards them because that’s what our culture focuses on. Being good in these sports has value to us, rather than being good at hockey.
Not men's sports (excluding JUCO). Women's sports yes. Scholarship limits are set by the NCAA or NAIA. Would be extremely rare for a male athletes to get a full ride in any sport other then Football or Basketball. Now keep in mind there are some who get academic scholarships alongside their athletic scholarship which could equate to a full ride.

Also the NHL is talking about their entire work-force which involves thousands when you account for the leagues office and teams front offices. Seems everyone in this thread is focused on just the athletes.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Or college basketball. My alma mater has, I think, 13 players on the men's team. There's one white guy who never sees the floor except in practice and "garbage time" in the last minute or so of a blowout. The rest are black. They're not chosen because they're black, they're chosen because they play the game better. The same can be said for hockey at all levels. For whatever reason, blacks just don't seem to go for cold weather sports.

College baseball also tends to be mostly white. I don't really understand why unless it's because of the limitation of scholarships. Teams only get something like 11 to be shared by all - no one gets a full ride like they do in football and basketball. Get to the majors, and it's similar but a lot more Latinos.
In College Baseball it is 11.7 full scholarships divided among 28 players. Not all D1 schools fully fund those 11.7, and many could be as low as 8 scholarships divided among 28.
That being said if there were full rides in Baseball the amount of blacks would increase significantly.

Old 10-20-2022, 04:52 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
This report illustrates how lucrative and beneficial it is to be an endless victim in America.

Being born in the richest country on earth just isn't good enough, every single social structure needs to have a 13% black representation or its racist.

Basically, white people are evil and racist, and people of color need to stay away from them. But white people are rich and prosperous, so people of color need to be hired, colleagues, and team members with them.

That's what we call race profiteering.

Old 10-20-2022, 04:57 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I honestly don't understand this fixation with having a quota of Blacks everywhere.
Because it pays to cry racism.

There's only a 13%-14% black population, but the left believes that's enough black people to permeate every aspect of society (police, politicians, banks, etc). It's not even close. You could double the amount of black people, if we weren't so busy shooting each other, and it would still not be enough to meet the "quota" of every social institution.

These race baiters need a 1-way trip out of America if they think it's so bad.

Old 10-20-2022, 05:10 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Sports...93338296532992

”fixing the problem” aka replacement theory
boycott these institutions. They hate us
Appoint a nothing-nobody with a chip on her shoulder and this is what you get. 1/2 of a point for attempting to appear intelligent. FAIL.

How many of these UPs (Useless Personnel) are now employed, whose sole purpose is to stir up trouble and sound holy?

Old 10-20-2022, 05:14 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
What more can we do? The NHL donates huge money to fund skating rinks and hockey equipment in diverse areas but the black kids just don’t play hockey for a lot of reasons.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What more can we do? The NHL donates huge money to fund skating rinks and hockey equipment in diverse areas but the black kids just don’t play hockey for a lot of reasons.
The NHL's latest endeavor will be street hockey. They have to keep trying to reach out to minorities if they want to grow. In terms of interest The NHL has slipped behind Major League Soccer with Lacrosse now being the fastest growing sport here in the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies