Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 04:08 PM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball"

If you can dodge a tranny you can dodge a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 04:52 PM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Has what to do with transgenders in womens sports?

ok, did you see dodgeball?

"g-da** it Bernice!"

Old 10-19-2022, 05:27 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
There are plenty of Highschool female players that can spike the ball hard, my area has nationally ranked teams spiking balls like the mens teams. The key is to not let the ball hit you in the face.
Absolute nonsense.

Old 10-19-2022, 05:55 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
The real females athletes should bear some of this blame of this nonsense for allowing it to continue.

Me? I’m a retired union member in good standing and proud of it.
We will sit out and strike without pay when we are faced with unfair conditions.
It is never easy to do this but we know there are times when enough is enough and a sacrifice is required.

When you ask a union member why are they striking/refusing or sitting out one of the last things we say is “it’s about us”.
One of the first things we say is “it’s about the future”.

These girls should study some history if they still teach things like that.
Seems like they haven’t figured this out yet.

Old 10-19-2022, 06:48 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The real females athletes should bear some of this blame of this nonsense for allowing it to continue.

Me? I’m a retired union member in good standing and proud of it.
We will sit out and strike without pay when we are faced with unfair conditions.
It is never easy to do this but we know there are times when enough is enough and a sacrifice is required.

When you ask a union member why are they striking/refusing or sitting out one of the last things we say is “it’s about us”.
One of the first things we say is “it’s about the future”.

These girls should study some history if they still teach things like that.
Seems like they haven’t figured this out yet.
These volleyball players are kids........union members are adults. It's not the same.

As an aside Eastern Airlines pilots were thinking about the future and future pilots so hard they literally killed the company.

Old 10-19-2022, 08:33 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I get it, you don’t like unions.
I don’t care.
My point is if you didn’t quite understand it was that they need to stick together to put an end to this nonsense.
They are stronger when they are united.
They need to protest and voice their opinion.
It doesn’t matter how old they are.

Old 10-19-2022, 08:48 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Sixteen Penn swimmers say transgender teammate Lia Thomas should not be allowed to compete

...“We fully support Lia Thomas in her decision to affirm her gender identity and to transition from a man to a woman. Lia has every right to live her life authentically,” the letter read. “However, we also recognize that when it comes to sports competition, that the biology of sex is a separate issue from someone’s gender identity. Biologically, Lia holds an unfair advantage over competition in the women’s category, as evidenced by her rankings that have bounced from #462 as a male to #1 as a female. If she were to be eligible to compete against us, she could now break Penn, Ivy, and NCAA Women’s Swimming records; feats she could never have done as a male athlete.”

Thomas’s teammates did not identify themselves in the letter. It was sent by Nancy Hogshead-Makar, a 1984 Olympic swimming gold medalist, lawyer and chief executive of Champion Women, a women’s sports advocacy organization. She said in a telephone interview that she sent the letter on the swimmers’ behalf so they could avoid retaliation; in the letter, the swimmers claim they were told “we would be removed from the team or that we would never get a job offer” if they spoke out against Thomas’s inclusion in women’s competition.

Penn officials did not respond to a request for comment on either the claims raised in the letter or whether the school planned to mount a legal challenge should Thomas be ruled ineligible for the NCAA championships.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ing-teammates/

Old 10-19-2022, 08:54 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Speaking in regards to the transgender student, board member Jeff Tatham said, "The biggest thing for us, especially after seeing the video of the injury, we felt very strongly that it was a safety concern. I think most of the board members also felt like there’s a competitive advantage issue."

https://thepostmillennial.com/north-...sgender-player
The people who enabled this to happen need to be put in jail

Old 10-19-2022, 09:00 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was told that we are all equal.

Girls should protest boys competing in their sport by sitting out of all competitions.

There comes a point in life when denying the truth becomes an issue of safety.
Damn straight! If these students are too afraid then the parents need to do it. And immediately hire lawyers and file suit so there is no way a judge can throw out the case for lack of standing because the kid is no longer in school (like I heard happened in the suit filed by a girl track after they all graduated from school).

Last edited by katygirl68; 10-19-2022 at 09:11 PM..

Old 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Headline; Boy hurts girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies