Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 03:02 PM

24,627 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Army drill sergeants who model themselves on R. Lee Ermey's ruthless Marine Corps drill instructor in "Full Metal Jacket'' are on their way out the door.

Those noncommissioned officers have for generations been a new recruit's first real introduction to the Army, and they have famously been known to scream, curse and physically punish trainees. But Army planners are hoping that instead of the stereotypical screaming drill sergeants in round brown hats, the new crop of NCOs will act more like strict football coaches.
Quote:
"The aggression, screaming, yelling, the excessive physical punishments ... they're not receptive to that at all," Osborne told Military.com.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...gen-z.html/amp

Wow, no wonder our advsaries are laughing at us. We’re busting out the nap time, oranges slices, gender studies, and “extremist” training, while they’re getting real training. As a veteran, I just can’t advocate anyone to join this new softer service.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:13 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Geez. I went throught Air Force basic in late 1970. The AF is normally considered the "easiest" of all the services, especially in basic. But the TI's did a LOT of yelling then.

So I did my 6 years in the National Guard, then got out as an E-6. 4 years later I got a direct commission in the Naval Reserve in engineering and stayed there until retirement as an O-5. No yelling there. Loved it, and the food in the Navy is much better than other services.

Also, when in college basic ROTC was required the first two years (land grant school), so I wore the Army uniform 1 day a week. Even learned how to break downb and clean an M-1 carbine. I've worn all the uniforms except Marines and Coast Guard, and now the Space Force, but that was impossible at the time.

Biden is trying to make our sevices effeminate. It won't work.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:20 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Every new recruit should get a Golden Retriever

Old 10-19-2022, 03:23 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,296,149 times
The US Army can't attract new recruits anymore.

Who wants to die fighting against communism?
Communists, for example, promise to cancel all college debts. They also send $1,200 checks.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:26 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
What is this country coming to? Are young this soft and brittle? Sensitive little clowns? That’s embarrassing.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:27 PM

They should also be allowed to have their nose pierced, how about stretch those ears to 1 inch! make sure they know the proper pronoun, not knowing it will get them killed in battle field.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:28 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...gen-z.html/amp

Wow, no wonder our advsaries are laughing at us. We’re busting out the nap time, oranges slices, gender studies, and “extremist” training, while they’re getting real training. As a veteran, I just can’t advocate anyone to join this new softer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Geez. I went throught Air Force basic in late 1970. The AF is normally considered the "easiest" of all the services, especially in basic. But the TI's did a LOT of yelling then.

So I did my 6 years in the National Guard, then got out as an E-6. 4 years later I got a direct commission in the Naval Reserve in engineering and stayed there until retirement as an O-5. No yelling there. Loved it, and the food in the Navy is much better than other services.

Also, when in college basic ROTC was required the first two years (land grant school), so I wore the Army uniform 1 day a week. Even learned how to break downb and clean an M-1 carbine. I've worn all the uniforms except Marines and Coast Guard, and now the Space Force, but that was impossible at the time.

Biden is trying to make our sevices effeminate. It won't work.
Why am i not shocked those on the right in this forum would think this is a bad thing, remember whst happened to r lee's character ? He was killed in a murder suicide. Screaming and being an abusive jerk does make those who are being abused a better soldier, worker , or any thing else. It makes the person being abused angry and if the wrong person is getting the abuse there will be consequences for their actions. Being a good leader/teacher means you don't have to yell and scream . if you think that's a good way than you are a poor leader/teacher

Old 10-19-2022, 03:32 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Yeah, best to wait till they get on the battlefield to experience screaming.

Just hope the enemy doesn't say "Boo!" too loudly or we might have a full retreat.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Why am i not shocked those on the right in this forum would think this is a bad thing, remember whst happened to r lee's character ? He was killed in a murder suicide. Screaming and being an abusive jerk does make those who are being abused a better soldier, worker , or any thing else. It makes the person being abused angry and if the wrong person is getting the abuse there will be consequences for their actions. Being a good leader/teacher means you don't have to yell and scream . if you think that's a good way than you are a poor leader/teacher
They don’t yell just to do it. They yell so that every recruit has heard what was said by the Cadre and expected of the recruits.

There are differences between yelling and abusing.

Every combat Marine I personally know has some level of hearing loss and there is a reason for that.

My brother was with an elite unit of Marine Corps. His training was more than intense. (much more intense than any movies) These training is to prepare them, so they don't get killed so easily in battle field.

Murder/suicide is very tragic, but this just showed that not everybody should be in the military.

if these recruits cannot tolerate yelling, maybe they should get a desk job somewhere or work at home.

This is not a left/right thing.

Old 10-19-2022, 03:46 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Don't yell at recruits? Yep...not important to put them into situations where they have to perform under pressure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies